Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:03:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of user Stake: Do not do business with him  (Read 569 times)
wtman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:02:26 AM

This is about user Stake

I made this thread couple of days ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=473548.0

but now I have figured that he didn't want to send the money and was just creating lies upon lies.

He really made a mountain of lies to me for all this.

Cryptsy was actually very helpful. Great professional quality support

Let me tell you my experience with this guy:

I have done business with him earlier. I must confess I am not an expert at outsourcing certain kind of development work.

I asked for a C# script quote from him but he sent me a php one with several weeks delay (I believe he sent me a readymade script) Don't ask me why I needed C# and not php.

I was cool with it that maybe I didn't confirm it with him, though I showed him my email where I specifically asked for a C# script. I lost $1k+ upfront payment with this.

Then I made a deal with him about the php code conversion to C#. Around another $1k. I got it well in time but it was laughed over and thrown out by my 2 friends both of whom are C# experts. This was the lost deal #2

Now see it, I was stupid enough to believe Stake had great php skills, he was just not good in C# (this maybe true actually) so I made another deal with him for a new script. The deal was set at $2600 and I sent him around $1300 worth of Gamecoins. He was to begin work once I sent him the full payment in advance.

A few weeks later, I couldn't manage to send the payment for some reason and what happened is described at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=473548.0

So, now you know my experience with Stake.

He may be a good php programmer but I wouldn't trust him anymore. A few minutes ago, he just refused to give me the money back and confessed that he made a ton of lies and stories in the past few weeks. He never wanted to return the payment. Such a waste of time.

I don't really get scammed too often, but Stake is somewhat different.

He sounds truthful, he is cunning as fuck. He wouldn't easily let you figure he is lying. He seems to be such an expert in lying. Guy lies really well.

I have his bank account information which he gave me at one point, but I don't feel like outing it because it might haunt him for long.

Stake, you know you have scammed me a lot, you may deny it to me but you can't lie to yourself. You know you are a scammer and it won't work out for you.

In short, don't mess with the wrong person. I let you go, but that wrong person wouldn't.

Such shame

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:57:42 AM

why didn't you give your friends, who are experts in C#, the work you needed done?
General

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:03:03 AM

I'm a developer and if you didn't have a contract in place it's your fault.

Always enter binding contracts and both parties should agree to the terms prior.

Development and design work is not like most services.  If you do not like what the developer or designer produced it's not their fault.

They already put forth the hours (their time is valued).  Looks like this guy was sketchy but it's your fault if you don't have a contract or terms.

It sounds to me like you had a disagreement and mis-communication.  I suggest you try to work it out with him.

I suggest you don't do anything with his personal details.  If you leak sensitive information he could take legal action.

I read the other thread and it seems like he's not returning the payment upfront.  Most freelancers don't do this and if you had a contract it would have been defined there.

Most initial deposits are not refundable.

I suggest you watch this video - http://vimeo.com/22053820 - I have almost all of my clients watch it prior to entering a contract with them.

wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:11:02 PM

why didn't you give your friends, who are experts in C#, the work you needed done?

Well, the first friend is the one for whom I was getting the work done. He is a big guy, and this was actually going to be a joint venture with him if I could get it properly developed.

The second one was just not available when I contracted with Stake. Also, tbh I didn't have enough outsourcing experience at that point.

Atleast, I am better now Smiley
wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:17:35 PM

Always enter binding contracts and both parties should agree to the terms prior.

Development and design work is not like most services.  If you do not like what the developer or designer produced it's not their fault.

They already put forth the hours (their time is valued).  Looks like this guy was sketchy but it's your fault if you don't have a contract or terms.

It sounds to me like you had a disagreement and mis-communication.  I suggest you try to work it out with him.

I suggest you don't do anything with his personal details.  If you leak sensitive information he could take legal action.

I read the other thread and it seems like he's not returning the payment upfront.  Most freelancers don't do this and if you had a contract it would have been defined there.

I suggest you watch this video - http://vimeo.com/22053820 - I have almost all of my clients watch it prior to entering a contract with them.

I understand what you mean but this doesn't make Stake any less of a liar. He is shady as fuck. I would suggest avoiding him.

I am not going to leak his personal details but that is not because I fear legal action here.

Other people have done it already where he was accused of being a scammer.

I do business on freelancing sites with contracts and all but some gigs are worth a shot even without a contract. Mutual understanding is a good thing but he obviously failed at it. It is a shame because I could generate much more business for him in the future.
General

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:27:39 PM

I understand what you mean but this doesn't make Stake any less of a liar. He is shady as fuck. I would suggest avoiding him.

I am not going to leak his personal details but that is not because I fear legal action here.

Other people have done it already where he was accused of being a scammer.

I do business on freelancing sites with contracts and all but some gigs are worth a shot even without a contract. Mutual understanding is a good thing but he obviously failed at it. It is a shame because I could generate much more business for him in the future.

All in all seems like a miscommunication to me, not a scam.  He does seem shady, maybe even a liar, but that doesn't mean he's a scammer.

I don't know this guy but if I'm looking at the right profile he hasn't logged in for months.  I suggest you try to work it out with him.

Another thing I didn't understand: you paid him $1,300 in GME for the down payment for a new project, right?  Why were you asking for that back?  
And mutual understanding is just that -- mutual.  How could he fail at it if it's mutual?

wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:29:22 PM

Development and design work is not like most services.  If you do not like what the developer or designer produced it's not their fault.

They already put forth the hours (their time is valued).  Looks like this guy was sketchy but it's your fault if you don't have a contract or terms.

It sounds to me like you had a disagreement and mis-communication.  I suggest you try to work it out with him.

I suggest you don't do anything with his personal details.  If you leak sensitive information he could take legal action.

I read the other thread and it seems like he's not returning the payment upfront.  Most freelancers don't do this and if you had a contract it would have been defined there.

I have a feeling you might know Stake.

He knows he is shady and he lied to me for weeks. He knows he did a bad job. He may have won some money because of these scam tactics but it is nothing in the big picture.

Stake, just be happy you didn't piss off the wrong guy or he'd fuck it up for you so bad that you'd have a really hard time justifying it to your future employer or friends when they google your name and figure out what you did. I do SEO for a living, it is not really hard to spray your name and other information all over the web if I wanted to take revenge on you. You are probably too young and careless to realize how much these things matter.
General

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:31:13 PM

Development and design work is not like most services.  If you do not like what the developer or designer produced it's not their fault.

They already put forth the hours (their time is valued).  Looks like this guy was sketchy but it's your fault if you don't have a contract or terms.

It sounds to me like you had a disagreement and mis-communication.  I suggest you try to work it out with him.

I suggest you don't do anything with his personal details.  If you leak sensitive information he could take legal action.

I read the other thread and it seems like he's not returning the payment upfront.  Most freelancers don't do this and if you had a contract it would have been defined there.

I have a feeling you might know Stake.

He knows he is shady and he lied to me for weeks. He knows he did a bad job. He may have won some money because of these scam tactics but it is nothing in the big picture.

Stake, just be happy you didn't piss off the wrong guy or he'd fuck it up for you so bad that you'll have a really hard time justifying it to your future employer or friends when they google your name and figure out what you did. I do SEO for a living, it is not really hard to spray your name and other information all over the web if I wanted to take revenge on you. You are too young to realize.

I don't know this guy.  I deal only on forum and through e-mail and it looks like he hasn't logged in for months.

I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt because much of what you've said is unclear and it seems like he kept the initial deposit.

General

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:36:22 PM

Anyway, good luck resolving your situation.  If you ever need any help with design or development shoot me a PM.  I give free quotes so I can confirm if a quote is proper.  Good luck.

Ritual

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

This.

Newbie oriented mining site - http://cryptoexperiment.wordpress.com/ --- Free BTC - http://freebitco.in/?r=231531
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: