Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:09:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you sell your coins?  (Read 2270 times)
crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:45:39 PM

I might be asking you why did you hold your coins? If it is for gain or profit and not just for any actual use, then you might be answering the same. The reason why people are selling in any of these situations is that they wanted to gain. Many are doing day trading and during times when the market is not good or is low they sell their coins in the fear that they might just lose a lot. For a long term holder this may not always be the case. As you are holding it long enough so that it might have a greater prices after several years. SO their is really a lot of difference between day trading and holding for long term. The goal is to gain profit but the methods may just be the opposite. We need skills on these so better not follow day traders. They know what they are doing so let's just understand them.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:49:22 PM

You might have seen that most people see cryptocurrency as an asset for making a profit. Cryptocurrency has markets would let you sell and buy and that it is connected into real fiats that we are using in the real world. Peopl sell coins because they've reach their profit point and that they want to cash that out as soon as possible because cryptocurrency market is highly volatile. Not all coins last long enough. Most of them just die out and if you didn't sell them, you will lose profit. Buy low, sell high.
Abarov

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:51:03 PM

I think everyone has a goal to earn some money. And every person believes in different projects. When a person believes that another project will give him the best result, he sells his coins.
Rengganis

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:57:53 PM

I prefer to trade than holding a coin for a very long time, I buy a coin when the price is cheap and sell it when the price back up, this is done to avoid scam coins
Airelves09

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

Yes. I will make the same decision as you do. Life is still important. Money is secondary. But in order to live, you must sell some of your altcoins to maintain. I now suggest not holding altcoins for a long time. Because the market is very uncertain. It will cause you to lose.

Dimalol

Activity: 102
Merit: 4

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 04:42:04 PM

I try to keep only the top coins.And I try to sell different tokens immediately after the release not on the stock exchange.Because I can't guess what a teenager is ,but most of the time, all the tokens die!

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
WiiD

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:51:44 PM

Now is the time that it is better to keep coins of good projects, because for a low price there is no sense to sell. In the long term, the price will necessarily rise.
GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:49:14 PM

To have profit of course. Buy it at the lowest price and sell at highest price. But, I never sell it at a low price unless I'm in need. Grin
Deewhy50
Copper Member

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 07:57:47 PM

People seel to make profit/money of course.  When market is down like this its good to buy and sell later when the market raise in high price to make more profits,  or some sell to exchange to another coin.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
bestcoins1

Activity: 2212
Merit: 721

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:06:34 PM

Do you sell because of the rise/deep in the market, or do you sell because you actually needed the money and not because of the deep/rise of the price, or you're the type that just jumps in pick some profits and jump out?
I am a long term holder of altcoins. I sell my tokens (both alts and bitcoin) when I am broke, and when I need some money. I don't sell because there is a deep in the market, I sell because I need to. So, what about you?

That's right, everyone has their own plan and strategy in cryptocurrency, everyone wants a big investment return. But, when we need money at that time, we will definitely sell the coins we have. Even though the price drops because that's all it can do. Indeed we will incur losses, although we suffer losses but the coin is useful and helpful.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:10:54 PM

We are all here for different reasons while some are here as passive traders others are just full time investors so this classes make the difference in our choice in times is selling for example if you are a passive trader you sale your coins in other to cash out your gains in time of market rise and if you are a full time investor you sale when the need arise.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 09:14:36 PM

Maybe if it sells when it needs to be a bit of a loss when making the requirement that comes is when prices fall crypto. because it won't know when it needs to come and make the investment was becoming stagnant. sell when already get a huge profit and it's new good things. though indeed it takes a long time this is more potent. When indeed there certainly needs at least there are funds in the savings for it.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BTCmasterVM

Activity: 432

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:16:51 PM

Now I'm selling some of the coins since I need money, but if there was not such a need I would have left some coins in long term period.
HouruSinkara

Activity: 157

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:31:49 PM

I try to sell my coins only when I get a profit from my investments. If my investments are not profitable, then I just keep the coins and wait

santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:37:56 PM

This bear market I convert to fiat money almost of my crypto asset because I need money, that's why I'm also broke about that. But while bull run market is not yet coming I will buy again some potential coin and I will hold it until the bull run comes.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
beehimneff

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:39:33 PM

Analogously! Smiley I try to sell only with profit. But when I need money, I don't have a choice. Therefore, you should always have a stock of money, so you do not have to sell coins at a loss.
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:51:46 PM

Forever hodl is illogical, WheniI think of some of my altcoins, i sell it if i think it is  enough price rising from my goal of view. Then i changing over to other altcoins that are potential.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
osasshem (OP)

Activity: 625

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:52:35 PM

Do you sell because of the rise/deep in the market, or do you sell because you actually needed the money and not because of the deep/rise of the price, or you're the type that just jumps in pick some profits and jump out?
I am a long term holder of altcoins. I sell my tokens (both alts and bitcoin) when I am broke, and when I need some money. I don't sell because there is a deep in the market, I sell because I need to. So, what about you?

it is depend on the situation.
if i need urgent money, i will sell it immediately.
But if not, I will sell my coins when I know that coins turn to bad coins and don't have a future if i hold it for long term. if the coins have a good future, i will hold them.

The coin I decided to sell was my reward token from my previous bounty and I had decided to sell it since at that time the value had gone up.
I had received the money in fiat after it was traded for almost 2 days and I was able to use the money for my monthly bill payments. Signature bounty campaign is a big help for me because I was able to earn profit through my participation and I hope it will continue to last more.

I believe that each and everyone has its own reason and purpose selling their coins and mostly because of money and those selling with markets are red are obviously need money, but as for me I always sell my coin with markets at high even though I really need money because holding still the best option.

Holding for sure is the best option, no matter what the secumstance may be. But, this can be when there are other source of income other than the monthly pays. And for me, as a student, when I need money, telling it doesn't make me feel free, in which I can't get what is needed. And waiting till the end of the month, hmm....
Pancho95

Activity: 226
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:55:44 PM

I hardly believes into some of my altcoins either there are no good signs of an improvement. I will wait probably till im out of money and then sell them at any price Cheesy
Octc76

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:19:56 PM

I am also a long-term holder.
altcoin or bitcoin I will sell when the price rises, or indeed the circumstances of my giant to sell it.
so to date, I can not decide that I am a good coin dealer. because I am not a trader who is good at analyzing the state of the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: