Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it college worth it?  (Read 16908 times)
Champeeon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:12:03 PM

College can be a complete waste of time and it can be the best moment of your life depending on your reason for going there. School teaches your, or better still make you, employable in the future. School also make you meet new people and get new ideas. So it is up to you to decide what you want.
You might want to take a look at this video from Prince EA Why do you go to school?
https://youtu.be/_PsLRgEYf9E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
icostairs

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

It depends on your dreams and goals. If you want to be a surgeon you must go to college. If you want to be an entrepreneur you don't necessarily need to go to college. You could spend those money to get the proper education from all kind of courses and even launch a business.
So do a map with the starting point being where you are and the lifestyle you want to achieve being the end point. If you need college to arrive at your end goal, than yes, it is worth it.
Wladicz

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:37:14 PM

I was watching a video "Is it college worth it?" and meanwhile I was thinking about that:

Would you advice a teenager to spend 50k/100k in education or would you advice him to buy bitcoin or alt coin and hold them for 3/5 years?
Difficult question indeed.
If you SURELY KNOW what you want to do right now - after the school - and you really have possibilities to do it and it in fuiture should bring you funds for surviving - you can try to skeep college. If you don't have that - go to the college.
Champeeon

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:56:26 PM

It depends on your dreams and goals. If you want to be a surgeon you must go to college. If you want to be an entrepreneur you don't necessarily need to go to college. You could spend those money to get the proper education from all kind of courses and even launch a business.
So do a map with the starting point being where you are and the lifestyle you want to achieve being the end point. If you need college to arrive at your end goal, than yes, it is worth it.
I have been following this topic and I just love your own concept about it. School should not be condemned straight away. Although school is not the ladder to success it is a step on the ladder and if you think you can get the future you so want you can skip that step if not its better you go to school.
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:59:40 PM

I was watching a video "Is it college worth it?" and meanwhile I was thinking about that:

Would you advice a teenager to spend 50k/100k in education or would you advice him to buy bitcoin or alt coin and hold them for 3/5 years?

You don't need an angel from heaven to tell you whether college is worth it, no matter what education is still the best legacy. Come to think of it without education, what do you think would have been your knowledge and understanding on cryptocurrency.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Leutranh21

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:03:22 AM

Personally, I will keep my coins before take-off, in order to make a profit and in the future earn my own money on real estate, travel, and education of my children
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:31:54 PM

This is really risky to answer because it might cause someone a lot of debt or regret. Degrees are great if you plan to be working in the corporate world. It's just a necessity for those who are just starting. When you already have your foot in the corporate world then the degree will have lesser value and it will then depend on your work experience. As for crypto, it depends on what your guts tell you. It is really hard to judge if we are talking about years.
BellwalletOfficial

Activity: 197
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:19:07 AM

It totally depends on why you decide to go to college. If it's clear enough for YOU, it's worth it. If not, there are also plenty of other options.
JacksonCorkill

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:22:23 PM

cool forum, really very interesting topic
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:53:09 PM

Very worthy.  Knowledge is priceless.  Although many people can be successful without going to college, but for the majority, the connections and education you get from attending a university will be invaluable in life. 
Goldleader

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:11:02 AM

One thing for sure . Every rich family is sending their kids to university. For average folk , it more survival skills if you pick the right course
puffy smoke

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:23:03 AM

An education is the most important thing you can provide to a fellow human being. Regardless of whether they end up working in the field they study in, their education will allow them to develop critical thinking and master the art of conducting research. If they put in the effort to hone these skills success is sure to follow. It will also help them in their adventures with crypto. My advice would be to take the minimum course load allowed while still being considered a full time student and working to pay for your education as you go and investing any extra money in crypto. In a sense having your cake and eating too...
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 08:06:53 AM

It seems to me that all the same who would not say, it is better to spend this money on training, education. So you will have in the future skills that will help you. And it's very risky to buy cryptocurrency.
Brandonkimm

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:30:16 PM

actually depends on what you really wanna do in life, if you think you need a degree to be successful, then you need to get to school!
tiptravel

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:41:06 PM

Of course to spend on College, get higher education. Without him now nowhere
daniel08

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:53:29 AM

Education is important to people and graduating from college is the best thing that a person can give to their parents in return for their hardwork just to make sure all things will go in a nice way just to finish their studies. But investing much money where a person can make a big profits from a year or two will change their way in life , instead of going to college they will surely choose to make profits and earn money from investing cryptocurrencies.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
jollydart

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:30:28 AM

I'm out of US where college level education is free and I can see why you guys consider getting into that huge debt. I would say that you guys are forced to plan your future from such a young age where there are many unknown factors.
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:18:35 PM

If you want to be practical person college is nothing because this days we can learn online for free over the internet for example youtube tutorials its much more reliable sometimes than in school you can learn everything you want online without spending huge money if you want to become rich the solution is hardwork and determination not college degree remember some college dropouts who are now a billionaire today like facebook founder.   
puffy smoke

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 08:07:38 PM

If you want to be practical person college is nothing because this days we can learn online for free over the internet for example youtube tutorials its much more reliable sometimes than in school you can learn everything you want online without spending huge money if you want to become rich the solution is hardwork and determination not college degree remember some college dropouts who are now a billionaire today like facebook founder.   

Some college dropouts may have gone on to become insanely successful, however, most will not. Self education is good but unless you have the entrepreneurial skills to put your knowledge to work you will find way too many closed doors impeding your progress. The best hope a college dropout has is to become an astute and disciplined investor. It is the only sure fired method to success. A path that favours all who choose it regardless of where they come from or who they know.
buleidada

Activity: 520

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:39:18 AM

The presence of entrepreneurial skills is the most important criterion that affects whether a person will be successful or not. Studying in college well and getting excellent grades at college will not bring success in the future. Student can study well  with the help of purchased papers from services such as research paper writing service Paperial, but grades that are received in college will not bring money, not bring success, not bring a company that produces oil , not bring anything .... so the most important thing is to have an innate sense of an entrepreneur without which to become an entrepreneur is not available and if it is possible it will be a mediocre entrepreneur who has a shop with a fish, or a cafe with barbecue.
right but rarely do we really have a healthy entrepreneur and entrepreneurial spirit, so we go to college while honing skills beyond the lesson
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: