Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with tokens - hold or sell?  (Read 655 times)
Mark_tw (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:14:37 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 05:00:27 AM by Mark_tw

Lots of dump their tokens on the market as soon as they’re listed on an exchange. There are always a risk in holding, since you never know how the secondary market is going to treat a token. But equally, strong projects with good fundamentals have the potential to appreciate hugely in price.
How better do you think?
Veviene0417

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:57:30 PM

In my own opinion, I think I will hold it first and wait for the value of this token for a higher price in the market. When the value increases I will sell it immediately inorder to earn a huge profit. Based on my own experience I regret that I never sell all amount of my tokens because as the days pass by the tokens that I hold has no value already in the market, that's why I feel disappointed to what had happened.
Cheezesus

Activity: 143
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:12:46 PM

My strategy is when my coin hits 30% of its base value down i will sell it immediately, because i don't want to lose more. And when i want to sell it, it depends in what i see in the marketplace. When the token value hits up 30% or 25% of its base value i think twice if i hold it or i will sell it. I take consideration if i really need some money or not.

ENCRYBIT.IO - Private Sale is Live! (https://encrybit.io/)
●Buy ENCX Tokens & Get up to 40% Discount●
Octc76

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:33:01 PM

Lots of dump their tokens on the market as soon as they’re listed on an exchange. There are always a risk in holding, since you never know how the secondary market is going to treat a token. But equally, strong projects with good fundamentals have the potential to appreciate hugely in price.
How better do you think?
Yes ,.
dump are sometimes so horrible that the price of a coin falls from the normal price.
it is very difficult for new coins to come back at normal prices but, you are right with a good and solid team fundamentals, it can be achieved.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:36:49 PM

How better do you think?

Many wants sure profit that's why they sell after listing in an exchange. There are also people wants a long term hold especially if the project is good the chance of its price to sky rocket in the future is high. I prefer holding for long than selling it to gain small profit.
Hoxysado

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:37:44 PM

How better do you think?
i think you can eirher jold them or sell, ot depends on the cutrent situation you are in, so it is up to you to decide
Hoxysado

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:38:23 PM

How better do you think?

Many wants sure profit that's why they sell after listing in an exchange. There are also people wants a long term hold especially if the project is good the chance of its price to sky rocket in the future is high. I prefer holding for long than selling it to gain small profit.
there are a lot of diffeent things you can do, but loom kn the situation, not on the advice of people who do not know it
Infracoins

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 01:42:03 PM

hold, if the price is not good...sell, if the price is extremely high for you to earn as much as you can!..don't hesitate to hold or sell, it's up to you!..anyway it's yours!
youngmobi

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:20:16 PM

Everybody have what's is in his mind but i think the best option for you is to hodl it for some time before you sell it just leave it as an investment but always try long term hodl.
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:31:44 PM

How better do you think?

You can sell your tokens and see how they behave. If the tokens fall in price, you can buy them again and then sell them more. If they grow strongly, you too can buy them a little more expensive than you sold, but compensate for the difference with great growth.
happy weblancer

Activity: 518
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:39:47 PM

How better do you think?

It all depends on what you bought tokens for and at what price. I, for example, bought tokens at different times, but, of course, at a price several times higher than now. If I sell them now, I will lose a lot of money. If the worst scenario happens and the tokens depreciate, then I will lose too. It is better to wait for the best scenario. And to be in profit than to lose.
EdenDice

Activity: 418
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:42:06 PM

How better do you think?
With current market. You should sell them immediately. All tokens will be dropped when they are listed at some exchange. Do not keep the token or altcoin at the current time. Just keep bitcoin or eth which is the best choice now

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:43:09 PM

Unless you are investing for the short term, otherwise I don’t think selling the token once it hits the exchange is the most profitable way. I will at least hold till the project deliver its product to determine whether to hold or sell.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:43:13 PM

Sell if you think its better to sell and you need money.

But hold if you think that these coins has something to do and with potential in the future. It's only a matter of your decision making and everything lies in your hands so it all depends on how you'll assess your current situation.

What I do is hold if I really think its worthy.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
lancealtar

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:43:52 PM

In order to understand what to do with tokens you need to understand what kind of token you are talking about. There are tokens that lose popularity, price and it need to be urgently sold. Also, there are promising tokens that are worth buying and holding.
Deewhy50
Copper Member

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 07:46:51 PM

Holding of token or selling it is depend on the market value of the token,  if the token is on exchange with good price,  there is nothing keeping me from selling.  Bt as the market is down now I have to hold my token

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:49:09 PM

It depend on whether the token has potential to grow further. If yes, holding will bring more profits than selling at the early stage.

Some traders take the risk to sell when the token hit big exchange since there is usually a pump before that, and buy back at a lower price when the price dumped.
Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:50:18 PM

They may take advantage and fear the price drop in the market. Under these circumstances, surely we want to play safe if you have a coin, and that depends on how the coin to build so that the price is stable. But the price depends on the coin holders, and that determines the market price.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
juliyett

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:57:43 AM

Tokens have to be sold because they period of acrivity and being valuable is very short so do not spend a lot of time for this and you will not lose profit.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:43:14 PM

It depends on the token, if it is a token that is not strong, I will dumped and will look to re-buy again, but if it is a strong tokens, I will dumped, rather I will keep buying when the price keeps dumping because it will definitely rise again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: