Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:11:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to upgrade TPLINK TL-MR3020 firmware to technobit openwrt  (Read 57208 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DocGonzzo

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:19:14 AM

Yeah working fine now... thanks. I seem to be missing the cgminer status menu that OP had in his photos, and I do have on my Ant S1. Was that something you added or did I piss off the OpenWRT Gods this week

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag388/richmondimage/ScreenShot2014-03-10at111519PM_zps64ce1c38.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zich (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 03:22:47 AM

Yeah working fine now... thanks. I seem to be missing the cgminer status menu that OP had in his photos, and I do have on my Ant S1. Was that something you added or did I piss off the OpenWRT Gods this week

Ahh sorry about cgminer status on the screenshot  Roll Eyes
Officially that's was unavailable, i just trying to play with code. The page appear but not working, all the value not available  Grin
DocGonzzo

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:04:10 AM

Bummer, the Antminer has a pretty sweet little tab there which is why I thought i was missing something.

Thank you for this guide, previously I had only been able to run these with an RPi, which I can now free up for other projects (Like the new Gridseeds)
Zich (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 04:07:43 AM

Bummer, the Antminer has a pretty sweet little tab there which is why I thought i was missing something.

Thank you for this guide, previously I had only been able to run these with an RPi, which I can now free up for other projects (Like the new Gridseeds)

You are welcome  Grin
DocGonzzo

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:37:15 PM

Hey, so let me know if I am beating a dead horse here, but I stumbled across this and I was wondering if it would be possible to patch this cgminer status script into the technobit distro of OpenWrt. If it is a hassle or just impossible then no worries, but it looks like it is either a precursor or a downright copy of what the S1 uses. Lemme know what you think

https://github.com/alzhao/openwrt-cgminer-antminer/blob/master/root-files/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/cgminer/cgminerstatus.lua
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:14:40 PM

Hey, so let me know if I am beating a dead horse here, but I stumbled across this and I was wondering if it would be possible to patch this cgminer status script into the technobit distro of OpenWrt. If it is a hassle or just impossible then no worries, but it looks like it is either a precursor or a downright copy of what the S1 uses. Lemme know what you think

https://github.com/alzhao/openwrt-cgminer-antminer/blob/master/root-files/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/cgminer/cgminerstatus.lua
Every thing is possible dude. You can scp any file to tplink file system
Good luck

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Janezki

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:26:10 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 04:38:35 PM by Janezki

My TPLINK doesn't seem to recognise my HEX16A2, any ideas what might be the problem?

edit: Working now, needed to power off TPLINK.  Huh

BCLambovXNggZSCruBycAApon17qTkcr9F
Zich (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 02:14:31 AM

My TPLINK doesn't seem to recognise my HEX16A2, any ideas what might be the problem?

edit: Working now, needed to power off TPLINK.  Huh

You need to use same power source for all of devices.
scarlott57@bellsouth.net

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:43:54 PM

Has anyone tried running one of these TP link routers using a Mac ? I just bought a Hexminer 16C off ebay am running Virtual Box and have windows 7 on one and ubuntu running on the other have tried downloading the files and installing on both operating systems, windows opens but I can't seem to get anywhere with it.

Ubuntu on the other hand I can download files but after unpacking can't get them to run. so Since my machine is really a Macbook pro  am hoping one of these Routers will solve my problem,  if not I'm at a loss as to how to get this up and running I no longer have a windows machine. was running 6 block erupters on windows using cgminer  and ran a nanofury on bfgminer but now sold the nano and moved the block erupters (333mhs) onto the mac using asteriod. sure wish there was such an easy way to run the hexminer, because its a great price for the hash rate. any input would be welcome.
Zich (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 03:43:42 AM

Has anyone tried running one of these TP link routers using a Mac ? I just bought a Hexminer 16C off ebay am running Virtual Box and have windows 7 on one and ubuntu running on the other have tried downloading the files and installing on both operating systems, windows opens but I can't seem to get anywhere with it.

Ubuntu on the other hand I can download files but after unpacking can't get them to run. so Since my machine is really a Macbook pro  am hoping one of these Routers will solve my problem,  if not I'm at a loss as to how to get this up and running I no longer have a windows machine. was running 6 block erupters on windows using cgminer  and ran a nanofury on bfgminer but now sold the nano and moved the block erupters (333mhs) onto the mac using asteriod. sure wish there was such an easy way to run the hexminer, because its a great price for the hash rate. any input would be welcome.

The router is stand alone & run using open-wrt. You need PC only to configure.
scarlott57@bellsouth.net

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:06:48 AM

Ubuntu on the other hand I can download files but after unpacking can't get them to run. so Since my machine is really a Macbook pro  am hoping one of these Routers will solve my problem,  if not I'm at a loss as to how to get this up and running I no longer have a windows machine. was running 6 block erupters on windows using cgminer  and ran a nanofury on bfgminer but now sold the nano and moved the block erupters (333mhs) onto the mac using asteriod. sure wish there was such an easy way to run the hexminer, because its a great price for the hash rate. any input would be welcome.

I guess I asked my question the wrong way ! so let me rephrase when you say you only need PC to configure that means any PC ? I.E. mac, windows or Linux ?
am I correct ? if answer is yes i buy one this week if no I might be back to square one.

Second question is if this works how many of these miners can run on 1 TP Link and still work correctly ? ( without extra hardware errors)
Zich (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:25:21 AM

Ubuntu on the other hand I can download files but after unpacking can't get them to run. so Since my machine is really a Macbook pro  am hoping one of these Routers will solve my problem,  if not I'm at a loss as to how to get this up and running I no longer have a windows machine. was running 6 block erupters on windows using cgminer  and ran a nanofury on bfgminer but now sold the nano and moved the block erupters (333mhs) onto the mac using asteriod. sure wish there was such an easy way to run the hexminer, because its a great price for the hash rate. any input would be welcome.

I guess I asked my question the wrong way ! so let me rephrase when you say you only need PC to configure that means any PC ? I.E. mac, windows or Linux ?
am I correct ? if answer is yes i buy one this week if no I might be back to square one.

Second question is if this works how many of these miners can run on 1 TP Link and still work correctly ? ( without extra hardware errors)

Yes, i understand your question. So TL-MR3020 will act as host like PC. You only need to replace original firmware with firmware from technobit. Configure IP, pool then connect the miner using powered usb hub to USB port on TL-MR3020, connect network cable to LAN port. Wireless is disable. Configure done using web interfaces.

I don't know for sure maximum board can connected but up to 7 HEX16C will be fine
scarlott57@bellsouth.net

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:37:23 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 10:52:42 PM by scarlott57@bellsouth.net

Thanks I thought I understood you correctly but when some people say PC their restricting the talk to windows. and thanks for the info up to 7 it will be a long time before I can afford that many .

And by the way great info thanks for putting  this up not all of us understand programing and info is limited on some of the pools since the people you help might be competing for the same bitcoins, I have a different view and that is if you help people they might stick around in the same pool and add to your hashing power.   Thanks for the help.

I would just buy the Router from Technobit but it's a pain getting stuff from Europe delivered here and the Government like to tax every import like it's worth the same as a TV or more even so I will buy one off of EBAY they seem to sale a lot of them and give it a  shot the process seems pretty straight forward.

one more question for anyone to answer--- is putty part of the software package in WRT or Technobit?  I only ask because I've never heard of it till I started doing the Bitcoin thing and I'm not sure if that's even the program to use on a mac or if I should be running an equivalent mac program.

Thanks again for all the info.
Zich (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 12:13:33 AM

Thanks I thought I understood you correctly but when some people say PC their restricting the talk to windows. and thanks for the info up to 7 it will be a long time before I can afford that many .

And by the way great info thanks for putting  this up not all of us understand programing and info is limited on some of the pools since the people you help might be competing for the same bitcoins, I have a different view and that is if you help people they might stick around in the same pool and add to your hashing power.   Thanks for the help.

I would just buy the Router from Technobit but it's a pain getting stuff from Europe delivered here and the Government like to tax every import like it's worth the same as a TV or more even so I will buy one off of EBAY they seem to sale a lot of them and give it a  shot the process seems pretty straight forward.

one more question for anyone to answer--- is putty part of the software package in WRT or Technobit?  I only ask because I've never heard of it till I started doing the Bitcoin thing and I'm not sure if that's even the program to use on a mac or if I should be running an equivalent mac program.

Thanks again for all the info.

I thought the OP is clear enough to do the firmware upgrade yourself. But it's up to you in the end  Cheesy
Putty is ssh client that can run in windows. You can use any ssh client you like, there is many out there. You can use putty to see cgminer status windows. On mac you can use built-in application called Terminal.
scarlott57@bellsouth.net

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:14:54 AM

OK I was Thinking Terminal was the way I might end up going unless there is a Nice GUI that I could use on the Mac.
I'll do a little research and see what I can come up with I can get By in Terminal but prefer a GUI. 

Thanks for all the input.
ZBC3

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:28:52 AM

I made a mistake and got the TP Link 702N. How do I update it instead if the. 3020?

I tried using 3020 bin file, but it wouldn't accept it.
Zich (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 02:13:11 AM

Compiling openwrt binary is out of my leaque  Embarrassed
Some posting about copying cgminer binary from TL-MR3020 but i am not sure which file need to copy.
scarlott57@bellsouth.net

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:18:16 AM

OK I got the 3020 got it flashed and updated, got IP set and after remembering to plug the miner into 3020 instead of powered hub I seem to be getting somewhere, got my pool configured. lights blinking indicating data transfer but can't really tell if its working as BTCGuid charts have long refresh times is there anyway to use this interface to tell or must I use Terminal? I'm not great in command Line so If I can stay out of it that would be nice.

Zich (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 03:48:01 AM

OK I got the 3020 got it flashed and updated, got IP set and after remembering to plug the miner into 3020 instead of powered hub I seem to be getting somewhere, got my pool configured. lights blinking indicating data transfer but can't really tell if its working as BTCGuid charts have long refresh times is there anyway to use this interface to tell or must I use Terminal? I'm not great in command Line so If I can stay out of it that would be nice.

You can check cgminer-api log page to see your board status or you can use ssh client to open cgminer status windows.
scarlott57@bellsouth.net

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:23:42 AM

[/quote]

You can check cgminer-api log page to see your board status or you can use ssh client to open cgminer status windows.
[/quote]

found the log and was doing something wrong because I was getting the socket connection refused message
went into some of the advanced settings and found I was not connecting properly think I may have it now.

By the way Flashing the router was the easy part  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: