Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do these Jumps in value come from in altcoins  (Read 396 times)
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:10:56 AM

If you have seen these types of jumps recently I would have to agree with everyone else and say it's a pump and dump scheme.  Coins will pump on solid news.  They will also pump when new money enters the market. 
Aside from whales, new investors can also hype the value of certain coins, if there's an ongoing updates and the target progress has been delivered, the coin value will rise a little then investors needs to wait if that will continue or another bagholders will play and dumped with his holdings, inside crypto
a lots of influenced can be the reason how project increase its value we need to take a lots of time to learned the skills of finding good news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lattlyined

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:42:07 AM

There many coins exists in crypto world which are manipulate by some party and  make it increases and decreases. But that not true for all.
larkscrypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:08:42 AM

Analysis is very important if you really want to know the value. A good project is always carry good value. I think bitcoin have so many good project rather than other coin. People should invest this on this coin.
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:42:44 AM

I think that the value jump is not always good. If you find anything weird please do invest about this. I think value dependents on project.  My view is if you want to know this market briefly you have to research for everything
DavidCallahan

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:06:21 AM

There are several reasons behind price fluctuating like that, most of the times its manipulation or fomo spread from the community and sometimes, there are reasons like organization signing a deal, merging with other partners to come up with new technologies and inventions.
obility

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:46:45 PM

It's not possible for you to catch on all the coin news, most times those coins that will make a major jump could be a pump and dump group, they might decide to pump a particular coin and once pump, it will jump so high before they will start dumping, so do the ones you can.
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:09:05 PM

Normally these jumps in value come as a result of some of the pump and dump groups that are existing, I have seen it in action, I have been in some pump and dump group, they will call out a coin, you will watch the coin, go up to about 1000% then it will start dumping again, So most of the price jump is pump and dump group. 
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:16:48 PM

Normally the price rise suddenly is because of some good news such as listing in exchanges, coin burn and etc. Sometimes, it can be due to some pump and dump activities. It is good that you check around for the reason than buying with the flow.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:19:36 PM

Mostly all the altcoins are backed by some project. When the company releases some new update or the coin gets listed on some exchange, price increases because the demand increases. That's why it is important for a coin to be backed by some working project to keep its demand running which will give it a future value. You will see a pump in a coin if there is some mainnet release, exchange listing, app release etc etc.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:27:02 PM

I have been messing around in bittrix for a few days now experimenting with day/swing trading for the first time. I understand how new information coming out can greatly effect prices via news articles and even tweets sometimes. What im having trouble understanding is coins that seem like they're doing nothing in the market for days/weeks/months will then jump up in value 20,30 or 40% without to my knowledge any news coming out or external reason for the jump in price.

I see this is all sorts of coins but for example adtoken (ADT) last Monday (July 23) had that big jump up in price. Now today very recently has had a small jump up. I'm still new to this and have a lot to learn but any tips or advice on this topic will go a long way.

Edit: i have since learned adt was added to Upbit last monday and hence the jump in price. ( i guess it was a bad example)

the tokens or coins with a low volume and listed on few market is usually had a price jump because some whales manipulated the price.
Juggernautbtc

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:30:00 PM

I have been messing around in bittrix for a few days now experimenting with day/swing trading for the first time. I understand how new information coming out can greatly effect prices via news articles and even tweets sometimes. What im having trouble understanding is coins that seem like they're doing nothing in the market for days/weeks/months will then jump up in value 20,30 or 40% without to my knowledge any news coming out or external reason for the jump in price.

I see this is all sorts of coins but for example adtoken (ADT) last Monday (July 23) had that big jump up in price. Now today very recently has had a small jump up. I'm still new to this and have a lot to learn but any tips or advice on this topic will go a long way.

Edit: i have since learned adt was added to Upbit last monday and hence the jump in price. ( i guess it was a bad example)

This market is quite new and still not very liquid. Here you do not need a lot of money to raise the price of some ordinary altcoin. In addition, I'm sure that many manipulators own insider information, thanks to which they start buying a coin earlier, and when the news comes out, they are already selling it
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:30:57 PM

are you reffering with USD value or BTC?

if you refer with USD value it is normal go up once BTC went up.

but if BTC price of the token went well then there is a good partnership or update with your holdings.

if not then there must be a good demand then.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:37:34 PM

I will advice you to study cryptocurrency more. there are so many factors that are responsible for increase and decrease in value of crypto asset. firstly in trading we have to type of order. the sell and buy order. increase in value of any altcoin is an indication of high buying volume of such altcoin which some generally refers to as pump but when altcoin are massively sold (popularly called dump) the price of the coin will fall and this is exactly what you are witnessing. that altcoin was pumped and later dumped by traders.
iknowitsme

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:47:11 PM

Low volume alts are easy to manipulate. Even a small pull or single microwhale can manipulate it for his benefit. There is also a psychology - if people see an asset growing they are starting to buy it. So there is nothing mysterious about it.
berezov_petro

Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:07:17 PM

It seems to me that the greatest growth of a coin occurs when a coin goes to large and popular exchanges, it always contributes to growth. In some cases this may be an ordinary pump!

vallytech

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:15:31 PM

a lot of things can make a coin to jump high in price, it could be that a dump and dump group, pump the coin, or that it is listed on a new exchanges, or there are a news about the coin, something normally makes the coin to go high.
mbally

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:34:54 PM

If you have seen these types of jumps recently I would have to agree with everyone else and say it's a pump and dump scheme.  Coins will pump on solid news.  They will also pump when new money enters the market. 

Yeah I agree with you and also to mention that some times a group of specialized traders pay some influencers to say some good things about a particular like we have seen with john Macfee in his past tweets
KennethDarnell

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:54:46 AM

According to me, the main reasons behind such fluctuations should be news spreading out too quickly on these coins. Good and bad news affects the coins in similar ways. Moreover, there are many people who manipulate the market either by holding too much coins or by FUD. Higher fluctuations usually indicates major changes in organization or increasing ease of trading/exchange.
PhilipCornel01

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:25:59 AM

The market is volatile so it is very natural for the coins to see pump in the price and sudden drops too. But, having major pump does have connection to people spreading good news, company announcing new partnership deals, renowned crypto enthusiast tweeting something good about the particular coins. Sudden drops are also related to incidents like FUD and manipulation.
BennieMartin

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:00:02 AM

Tokens and coins often raise the price artificially. This is very common in crypto market. You need to analyze the market a bit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: