Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:05:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk site overview must be changed and basic tutorial must be added?  (Read 155 times)
havok1998 (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:51:54 AM
Merited by nokati (2)

Lets be honest. Its difficult for most of the new members joining on bitcointalk.org to understand the forum, its system, its rules are regulations and the benefits it provides such as quality content, information on coins and technology and bounties and signature campaigns. It usually takes time to get familiar with the system and how it works. It would be much easy to understand if a new overview was created for the site with a basic tutorial which would help and make it much more simpler for the new users to understand the forum. Still the things like personal text, signature, avatar, activity, merit system, etc are a bit unclear to people. Introduction of an automated basic tutorial will help people understand forum better and guide people towards specific topics on forum that are of vital importance such as information on activity, merit, etc.

Please let me know in replies what are your views on the idea of introduction of automated basic tutorials on bitcointalk.org.
Also share some ideas on how to make forum less complicated and simpler.  Smiley

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 09:01:13 AM

This has been discussed numerous time before.
and post like thatr one of mine are also abundant.

Maybe I should create a guide topic. These would be the first rules.

1. Read the stickies before posting.
2. Stay away from bounties- don't talk about them, or even read about them.
3, Read the stickies
4. Don't bother about signatures until you achieve member rank
5. Read the stickies.
6, Stay out of the underworld - ICOs ANN threads and the like.
7. Read the stickies
8. Read a thread if you are going to reply to it, and stay on topic.
9 ..............

ps. Did I say that you should read the stickies on any board before you post on it.?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:01:39 AM

A virtual tour for the beginner could  be helpful although I doubt if this is something can be done on this current forum, may be for the new forum software. There could be course like Idea: Courses as theymos proposed will be helpful.

However, I will say all these are not actually necessary for someone who is really interested on the forum. Reading the stickies on the Beginners & Help board should be enough. Especially, the topic Newbies - Read before posting by Lauda. Tell what what are you missing on that topic from a beginner's perspective?

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
havok1998 (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:06:02 AM

3, Read the stickies
5. Read the stickies.
7. Read the stickies
9 ..............

ps. Did I say that you should read the stickies on any board before you post on it.?

um, wont an automated tutorial be better than a user guide? People usually skip reading user guides but a guided tutorial is much easy as it guides you throughout the forum.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:36:55 AM

Admin made a thread for something similar (regarding tutorials related to bitcoin investing) . I am not sure what is the progress with it.

Regarding, making tutorials on forum rules, how to use the forum and bounties, there are individual threads about all this. May be you can combine all these in one thread and start this initiative yourself.

I think in some past post, I had suggested that new registrations should be made to read the rules and then answer some questions based on what they have read to complete the registration. This will serve dual purpose, everyone will be acquainted with the rules and it will stop spam registrations.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 06:20:57 AM

I do agree with this idea of "automated basic tutorial". For old members it is easy to say that read the stickies, rules and all but remember the time when you first joined the forum. The forum is a vast sea of information with classic UI. It is certainly very confusing for new members to learn and adapt to this forum.

Yes, it is their responsibility to read the basic rules before pressing the keys on their keyboard, but if Bitcointalk can make the on-boarding easy, then it should. I particularly like the concept of Reddit side board. If you visit any sub-reddit then there is a side board to the right side and it has basic and most critical rules listed there. It really helps. Of course, Bitcointalk UI might not permit that, but the idea is good.

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 07:12:34 AM

There is a tutorial, it's on the top bar of the forum : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=help and its clearly written as help. A little due diligence won't hurt.

RAMSHIVDEEPAK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:18:17 AM

3, Read the stickies
5. Read the stickies.
7. Read the stickies
9 ..............

um, wont an automated tutorial be better than a user guide? People usually skip reading user guides but a guided tutorial is much easy as it guides you throughout the forum.

those members,who skip the rules/guidelines, they are very prone to make mistakes and finally this forum will skip them from the forum .So don't skip the user guide.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: