Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think spanking is wrong?  (Read 196 times)
TiceOwil (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:07:09 PM

This little topic came into discussion a little while ago, while being bored at work.

In some places now, spanking or hitting your child is outright banned and you can be arrest for such a thing(I think..don't hold me to this), while in generations past, it was a reasonable way for disciplining your kid. For some reason the view on this has changed, which leads to many little blurps on shows like Dr. Phil, with parents not know what to do with their children, or feeling they will emotionally scar them if they do so. So what I want to know is, what is your view on this whole affair?

While I'm only 21 years and not a parent yet, I think if I do have kids, there will be some spanking/physical discipline if things get out of hand. Some of the kids I see today are so..loose, bratty, and walk all over their parents, while just a little bit of discipline and punishment would go a long way over time to stop some aggressive behavior. This may not be entirely true for all circumstances, but I still think it could be helpful in the long run, this is just my point of view though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GG_Maker

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:16:46 PM

I don't think spanking is especially wrong, per se, I just think it's likely to send the wrong message. When you spank a kid, you're not putting into their mind that what they did is wrong, you're putting into their mind that what they did results in pain.
Maybe some people might view them as one and the same, but they really aren't, and I believe making that distinction makes all the difference. Firm boundaries, rules and, in the event of misbehavior, discussion and punishment within reason. Talk to your kid, make them understand, and then, take away the TV or the video games for a few days. That's what I believe in. That's how I was raised and I turned out okay, after all.
fairyvibes

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:44:11 PM

I prefer to do non physical punishment.  My parents were the old school type that thought physically punishing your child was ok.  We are moving away from this mindset because it can be traumatic  at a young age.
Weluxzee

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:27:34 PM

In my own opinion, spanking isn't wrong but it shouldn't be used as a correction habit!
Related

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:45:14 PM

Nearly 70% of parents ever punish their own children with corporal punishment. In fact, child psychologists strongly discourage giving such punishment, given that corporal punishment will have a harmful effect on adult children.

Not all ways of punishing children apply at any age. Different ages, different ways of punishing, different effectiveness and impact.

Every time you want to punish a child, try to follow an outline like this: First, first identify the problem he created, then you can explain the impact of his actions.

Once you can take over the mood and attitude of the child, suggest better behavior and deeds. In addition, you can describe the punishment to be accepted, and say you expect better behavior the next time.
sempak bulong

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:11:19 PM

Spanking is okay as long as it does not torture their psychology and not very often.
Milliionaiire

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:58:57 PM

This little topic came into discussion a little while ago, while being bored at work.

In some places now, spanking or hitting your child is outright banned and you can be arrest for such a thing(I think..don't hold me to this), while in generations past, it was a reasonable way for disciplining your kid. For some reason the view on this has changed, which leads to many little blurps on shows like Dr. Phil, with parents not know what to do with their children, or feeling they will emotionally scar them if they do so. So what I want to know is, what is your view on this whole affair?

While I'm only 21 years and not a parent yet, I think if I do have kids, there will be some spanking/physical discipline if things get out of hand. Some of the kids I see today are so..loose, bratty, and walk all over their parents, while just a little bit of discipline and punishment would go a long way over time to stop some aggressive behavior. This may not be entirely true for all circumstances, but I still think it could be helpful in the long run, this is just my point of view though.
If the child is naughty it is not too much to be hit. Because not all children have a strong mentality. if his mentality is not strong he will go crazy because he is often beaten.
Richiepauls1

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:23:34 PM

Spanking s definitely not wrong. It should be done with love. Spanking in love towards correction is good
waichi

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:58:49 PM

Sometimes, it's more effective to hit your child when he/she is too much. Children are angels of God, but then we have to set a limit if they are doing too many mistakes because we don't want them to be on the wrong path.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Harz58

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:47:37 AM

Spanking a child should be done in a mild way. And you as a parent should bear in mind that these young ones do not always know when they are doing wrong.
Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:24:08 AM

KUdos to This. In my country we still believe in the old saying that came from Our national Hero. It goes like this, "Spare the Rod, Spoil the Kid". One of the reasonable saying of our NAtl. hero. Spanking or disciplining your child is part of being a parent, leaving them to their own behavior makes them really spoiled or out of the hand behavior, Some countries bans this but for me it depends on what kind of discipline you are implanting to your offspring. 

Rindu_Adelia

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:51:47 PM

hit is not wrong too, depends on mistakes, and the goal is to block someone, if not possible. but, I'm not a person who likes violence Smiley
Askend

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:46:12 PM

Educating the child must indeed be hard, but maybe many people have wrongly defined the meaning of the word "hard". The good intention of this "hard" word is that we must educate children using strict discipline and rules, the violence carried out is only in the form of talk (not physical violence).
SimonOdell
Copper Member

Activity: 162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 06:52:16 AM

It's wrong to spank children, but funny to spank your wife...

TOURIVA The World is Yours! https://touriva.info - Discord : https://discord.gg/wnteRpR
magz

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:08:01 AM

I don't think spanking is wrong. Sometimes, a child needs to be disciplined in that way so that they knew that they've done terribly wrong. But spanking only is not enough, you also have to explain to the child why you hit him and what he has done wrong.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
incryptico

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:10:42 AM

Spanking is an ultimate measure, but it can be applied if the kid doesn't understand the words.

Fear to be beaten keeps brains intact (of course, I do not mean amounts that can damage the kid in any case).

I've been spanked through whole my childhood, now I have two higher educations and own business, and now I am totally agree with my parents' methods Smiley
Tashig

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:17:16 AM

Why is it illegal in many countries to spank a child if it's so beneficial and good according to you?
SimonOdell
Copper Member

Activity: 162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 08:43:28 AM

Why is it illegal in many countries to spank a child if it's so beneficial and good according to you?

I think it's illegal to spank so that parents will think long and hard about doing so rather than just thinking it's ok and normal to use such measures.

I have a 2 and a half year old daughter and she causes no end of temptation at times, but even though I live in a country where there is no laws against spanking I still wouldn't do it as I don't want her to speak that sort of 'body language' or have any concept that it even exists.

TOURIVA The World is Yours! https://touriva.info - Discord : https://discord.gg/wnteRpR
incryptico

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:03:25 AM

I guess those countries have their level of life on a level that enables parents to have good education that includes some topics on children in school, have lots of infotainment activities for children, and lots of free programs that help struggling parents. It is the case for, say, Finland or Estonia, but not the case even for my country which is also European.

Well, the traditions also matter. From my prospective, Turkish parents don't care to look after their children, but that's just another traditional approach, where the child is above everything.
HI KITTY

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:34:42 PM

Spanking a child should be done in a mild way. And you as a parent should bear in mind that these young ones do not always know when they are doing wrong.
for me, i think spanking is not wrong it is because if you're very clean in your self  in your surroundings it make people think that you are a kind person neat and people will not stay away from you instead they will love to be friends with you
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: