Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:30:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Debunking WorldCoin scam accusations one by one  (Read 1223 times)
Jomppe (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:51:09 PM

The following writing is written by nick JamesBond on worldcoinforum.

Accusation # 1: Coin is premined

BitCoin is also premined. They claim Satoshi Nakamoto has 1 000 000 BTC mined - nobody scream BTC is a scam coin because of this. The relevant issue is the total number of coins minted, not the issue who has the coins. In this sense I would call coins like Doge a scamcoin because they announced the coin is infinite like Federal Reserve Toilet Paper (=USD). WorldCoin is extremely scarce coin and due to this scarcity it will go up in value. However, there are ups and downs along the way.

Accusation # 2: Scharmbeck or UNOCS

Many people claim Scharbeck equals to WDC. This is as ridiculous claim as claiming bitcoinstore.com equals to BitCoin, or Mt Gox equals to BitCoin or Credit Suisse equals to dollar.

Scharmbeck as well as these other mentioned institutions refers to services to these communities. It can be agreed that Scharmbeck would have changed the game in WorldCoin and drove the price to at least 0.077 BTC. These people accusing WorldCoin as a scamcoin are mainly the ones who do not own significiantly WorldCoins but Scharmbeck fee shares instead. They should not accuse WDC to be a scam but themselves. It is easy to search for external wictims when the one to whom blaim goes to is the investor itself.

It is not the fault of WorldCoin that there are some potential fraudsters among us.

Grow up and buy some WorldCoins and do not sell them when the price rises a little or drops. Just hold them in your wallet and slowly slowly increase your piece from the WDC-pie.

Accusation # 3: Volatility

WorldCoin is a young attempt to make the world better place. It is a young coin as well as even bitcoin is relatively young. There are some large coin holders, who may have to buy real estates/repay mortgages, buy groceries etc. This causes selling pressure once and while. These are not a threat for the coin holders but opportunities to buy more.

My recommendation for you: go to work, earn money, put the money you are able to loose to WorldCoins. Buy on daily basis. When the coin is high you get less coins (but you still get a larger portion of the coins there are in circulation) and when it is down, you get more coins for your money (you get even a little larger portion of total number of coins in circulation).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
username here

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

Jesus, I don't know anything about this coin but I wouldn't touch it with a pole after this post.  RIP bagholders...

Jomppe (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:05:58 PM

Jesus, I don't know anything about this coin but I wouldn't touch it with a pole after this post.  RIP bagholders...

There are a lot of internet trolls who are willing to get coins for cheap price - this is why they spread tons of lies of WorldCoin. They themselves know this is an exceptional coin and has a bright future so they try to get people selling their coins to their bosoms low prices.
There is still room in my bags, I am buying for myself and I recommend for everybody else to do exactly the same thing.
Zzzack

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:29:13 PM

+1

BTC was premined? Doge is a scam because it has inflation? Scharmbeck didn't boost the price of WDC?

Jomppe, you're doing more to hurt your investment than help it. Stop trying to sucker people in so you don't have to sell for a big loss.

Producer
Yuzu

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:33:33 PM

^^^^
   This!  In spades.
Jomppe (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:41:55 PM

+1

BTC was premined? Doge is a scam because it has inflation? Scharmbeck didn't boost the price of WDC?

Jomppe, you're doing more to hurt your investment than help it. Stop trying to sucker people in so you don't have to sell for a big loss.

Actually WorldCoin is not premined. This is a huge lie (you can find the evidence: the coin was published exactly the same day as the specks were announced here). Anybody can check this.

I do not want to say anything about the other coins - they will live their own lives. Personally I am interested in coins that has a certain number that can be mined max. To me if the coin has unlimited supply is the same as having fiat. Why I should buy this type of coin - I can use dollars as well. To me cryptocoins are hedge against the falling dollar value.

Scharmbeck has nothing to do with WDC, the boost that it gave to WDC is over - check the price movements.

I am not selling here - I am buying. I am an honest person who wants others to benefit from the appreciating coin.
KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:28:32 PM

Im glad I sold off my wdc last month at a relatively high price.

This is a sinking ship. Core holders are crumbling. Whales can be dumb too.

Usually, I would be buying hand over fist at these basement prices but I see no fundamental reason why the price would rise anytime soon. I am out and never coming back.

This wreck is headed to the core of the earth.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:41:21 PM

BitCoin is also premined. They claim Satoshi Nakamoto has 1 000 000 BTC mined - nobody scream BTC is a scam coin because of this.

hmmm debunking something by spreading a myth about another coin. nobody screams BTC was a scam because the premine are unusable, for test purpose only, so in effect no premine.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:43:03 PM

Re #2: You must have forgot that the worldcoin foundation was heavily pumping scharmbeck in the months leading up to its release. Then, when it fell flat on it's face, they try to distance themselves as much as possible

But, you already knew that, and you're just trying to lure in some new bagholders.

Jomppe (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:46:11 PM

BitCoin is also premined. They claim Satoshi Nakamoto has 1 000 000 BTC mined - nobody scream BTC is a scam coin because of this.

hmmm debunking something by spreading a myth about another coin. nobody screams BTC was a scam because the premine are unusable, for test purpose only, so in effect no premine.

WorldCoin is also test mined.  Grin
I am planning to start test mining worldcoin as well, perhaps you should consider as well.  Grin
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:09:04 AM

https://cryptostocks.com/securities/60   speaks louder than words, invest at your own risk.

Jomppe (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:44:25 AM

Everybody here, who is smart, will notice there is a huge difference between WDC and Scharmbeck.
It is retarded to associate them.

There is also difference between WDC and WDC community.

I would not like to feed the trolls here but in case someone do not see the difference, I will explain it.
Scharmbeck was an exchange between USD and WDC. Yes, it was a setback for WDC not to have this.
However, there are other alternatives also than Scharmbeck, for example cryptotrade is trading between WDC and USD.

The difference between the community and WDC: Community consists of people supporting WDC. The number of supporters may vary over time. Sometimes it is down, sometimes it is up.

WDC is still an exceptional currency. Unlike many others (I do not want to mention names - WDC is not competing the inferiority of other currencies but the superiority of WDC with other alternatives), WDC is giving the first confirmation within 30 seconds, that's right, in 30 seconds ONLY.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: