Bitcoin Forum
January 20, 2019, 04:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am buying bitcoins - and why I am keeping them.  (Read 2586 times)
ti4c

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:26:11 AM

These are the advantages cryptocurrencies(not just bitcoin) have over cash. No restrictions, no permissions needed, no other person or government agencies have access to your cryptocurrencies except you let them. With cryptocurrencies, you are your own bank.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
ghost14k

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:42:56 AM

Bitcoin price is low now and people are seeing it already as a lost cause. By the way will like to commend on what you wrote, it is a good piece of write up. Now acquiring bitcoin can make many people become quite rich but that's the less use of it. It serves many purposes like as a mean of remittance. This is the problem it have already solved. By not attracting exorbitant charges during transfer without involving any third party. It's value can become higher in the future plus more. and no restrictions in spending it.
Neutronbot

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:08:17 PM

The advantages of Bitcoin are very obvious, but it is now facing difficulties. Most investors only use Bitcoin to earn the difference, which is commercializing Bitcoin!
Slow death

Activity: 1078
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:55:22 PM

Bitcoin can’t be “frozen”
If a business deal goes wrong, if someone sues me, if a future wife divorces me and says “I get everything”, if I am friends with a sanctioned political leader - because you survive by being on the side of those in power, - if, if, if, if....... so many things might go wrong.  I could wake up one morning, and find my bank accounts frozen, and my credit cards don’t work.   They can’t ever freeze my bitcoin.   The code is in my head.

But, the biggest problem will be if you die, imagine that you have 100 btc and you die, how your wife and children will be able to have access to those 100 btc? this is the great barrier that we can find in bitcoin. If on the one hand you give your private keys to your wife or children, you risk being robbed and if on the other hand you do not tell your wife or your children that you have 100 btc, then you can let your precious children and woman suffer in this cruel world.

What’s wrong with cash or gold bars?
The most obvious disadvantage with cash is that it is being de-valued all the time. It’s great to own for a year or two, but in the long run it’s going towards zero.   Secondly, they change the colour and design of the bank notes every few years.  You have a limited time to change old for new.  Then, if you are changing more than a small amount, you have to start answering questions and providing documents.   Lastly, you can’t cross the border with more than 10’000 dollars or euros in cash without filling in forms, which could lead to another line of questioning.

As for gold, it also is difficult to transport without customs declarations.  Gold bars or coins are not easily divisible into smaller sizes.

In my country it is forbidden to walk with $ 3000 in your pocket, you can be arrested if it is found with that amount of money and as for gold. well if the person walking with large bars of gold can also be arrested if you do not have documents. In that part bitcoin becomes more advantageous.

doch

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:49:57 PM

The advantages of Bitcoin are very obvious, but it is now facing difficulties. Most investors only use Bitcoin to earn the difference, which is commercializing Bitcoin!
i think that the only advantage that the people want to get from bitcoin is to increase their assets. They know that bitcoin price has too much potential and it will surely increase in near future therefore they are trying to buy bitcoin in low price and then hold it for some time so that its price increase too much and then give them a very good profit.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:19:47 AM

i think that the only advantage that the people want to get from bitcoin is to increase their assets. They know that bitcoin price has too much potential and it will surely increase in near future therefore they are trying to buy bitcoin in low price and then hold it for some time so that its price increase too much and then give them a very good profit.
If you look at this year, it's very far from what you say. Bitcoin dropped dramatically starting last January and until now is still strong to decline. Look like this year will be different from the previous year, like 2017. And 2018 too many regulations that reject bitcoin, and too much an exchange or our wallet that is vulnerable to hackers which is one of the special factors that must be fixed by the developers. I'm not sure yet, newcomers will truly believe in bitcoin or cryptocurrency in its entirety again.

FreeOxen

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:12:32 AM

Trickyt57 if I could give merit to you I would (sadily I cannot Sad!)
You do bring up some valid points around all of this - however sometimes there are laws in place that might still come after your digital assets though.
There is always still the risk of hackers and advances in technology. I guess in terms of estates and wills - that is something one would have to look at too...
Also regardless the Bitcoin is risky and I think it will remain that way it seems.
tbterryboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:31:37 AM

The advantages of Bitcoin are pretty much talked about and acknowledged. However, investing in Bitcoin is risky. You can lose all the money in your wallet by hackers, keep your password and key safe Cheesy
All those investors who are buying the bitcoins are only doing it because of the reason that they exactly know the worth of the bitcoin and the way this crypto coin can give them a chance of living a life they dream for. Moreover, holding of the bitcoins gives you a guarantee that you will be making more money as the market value of bitcoins goes up most of the time.

▄          ▄                  
                  ▄███▄      ▄███▄                
                ▄███████▄  ▄███████▄              
              ▄██████████████████████▄            
            ▄██████████████████████████▄          
          ▄████████▀ ██████████ ▀████████▄        
        ▄████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀████████▄      
      ▄████████▀ ▄████████▀███████▄ ▀████████▄    
    ▄████████▀ ▄████████▀  ▀████████▄ ▀████████▄  
  ▄████████▀ ▄████████▀      ▀████████▄ ▀████████▄
▄████████▀ ▄████████▀          ▀████████▄ ▀████████▄
Momentum             
REVOLUTIONISING MARKETING & LOYALTY
Whitepaper
Telegram
Website
Lightpaper
ANN Thread
Twitter
that osas

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:50:42 PM

Well this post well composed and it's message clear. It's folks like that truly understand the concept of HODL. I'm still glad I got the idea about cryptocurrency early.
maarx

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:44:27 PM

Every investment expects profits. Bitcoin and other altcoins are considered to be one of the best platform to invest and get a huge return as like share market. I would say investment in crypto currencies would yield much trun over in the current market. Crypto currencies have almost occupied the currency market. Holding bitcoin and other cypto currencies are to see a good growth which will bring some profits. I would choose the first half of an year for investment and the second half for getting turn overs seeing last two years growth trend. .

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Bdstar

Activity: 588
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

It's a natural desire when you want to invest and saving for. I think If you want to make a profit within a short time period then you can choose the blockchain system for this purpose. on the other hand, If you want to make a profit for a long time period then you can depend on the Bitcoin saving, I may assure you that you will get a handsome amount in the future for sure.
hiru65

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 05:28:22 PM

There are many reasons to buy and hold bitcoin. The main thing is price. It is in the deepest point now and there will be no opportunity like this. In last year price was around 20000$. But now it is around 6000$. When consider the future of the bitcoin. We can see the bright moon point. Because mining is also famoused and strong with the technology. There for no reson to sell.
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:00:23 PM

Bitcoin, in my opinion, is the best cryptocurrency investment.
It has the quality of stability and growth.
It is the most adopted and accepted.
It also has a fixed volume, so only so many people can own it at a time.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Ayston

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:45:59 AM

I love the reason that Bitcoin can not be frozen, really like when you are in a situation that you are accused with a crime you did not do... Sometime police might request the bank to freeze all your accounts... And that's the scary moment I don't like to happen in my life... So I put my money into BTC that any time of the year I can change it to money for me to use..
Rajamuda

Activity: 560

★Magnum Wallet★

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:10:57 AM

It's a natural desire when you want to invest and saving for. I think If you want to make a profit within a short time period then you can choose the blockchain system for this purpose. on the other hand, If you want to make a profit for a long time period then you can depend on the Bitcoin saving, I may assure you that you will get a handsome amount in the future for sure.
And don't forget that high trust here is really necessary so that we don't feel hesitant to hold it or stay on what we are trying to do with bitcoin. Whatever the purpose is certainly beneficial if we succeed in understanding everything related to it to everything that can affect it till on its strengths too.

▄█▀▀█▄
          █▀▄▀▀▄▀█
         ▄█▄▀▄▄█▄
  ▄▄▄▄  ██▀▀█▄▄  ▀█▄▄ ▄▄▄▄
▄█▀▄▄ ▄▀           ▀██▀▄▄▀█▄
█ █  █ ▄     ▄▄     █ █  █
▀█▄▀▀▄█▀    ████    ▀▄ █▀▄█▀
  ▀▀██▌      ▐▌       █▀
     ▀█      ██     ▄█▌
     ▄▐▌▀█▄      ▄█▀▀█▄
    █ ▄▀▀▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█
    █▄▀▄▄▀▄█▀▀▀▀  ▀▄▄▀▄█
     ▀█▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄█▀
       █           ▄
      ▀█▀         ▄█▄
       ▀
▄███▄▄    █
 ▄
     ▄████████▄▄
▄█▄   █████████████▄
 █
   ███████████████▄
     ████████████████▄
     █████████████████
     █████████████████
     ▐
█████████████████
      ▀██
█████████████▀
        ▀███████████▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀
| ANN     | TELEGRAM     | DISCORD     | REDDIT     | TWITTER
[ CREATE WALLET ]
Pixstxbtm

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:31:21 AM

When I have enough money, I will always choose to invest in Bitcoin, because I think it is a very valuable coin, first it is the oldest coin, and secondly, merchants in many regions accept Bitcoin as a substitute for cash payment. the way!
Rainbow009

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:02:12 PM

Bitcoin is sometimes referred to as digital gold and for good reason.
Item limited supply, decentralized system, and blockchain protocol gives BTC a high value.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:15:44 AM

Bitcoin can’t be “frozen”
If a business deal goes wrong, if someone sues me, if a future wife divorces me and says “I get everything”, if I am friends with a sanctioned political leader - because you survive by being on the side of those in power, - if, if, if, if....... so many things might go wrong.  I could wake up one morning, and find my bank accounts frozen, and my credit cards don’t work.   They can’t ever freeze my bitcoin.   The code is in my head.

I love that one, specially if no one knows about how many bitcoin or altcoins that you've had already. This will be the back-up plan on your life and possible can named as "the comeback" of course. That will be a great solution when disaster come. But hopefully, you divide or separate them to avoid a full loss from scamming or hacking. Well posted folks!
mkhadazz

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:26:18 AM

yes you really should buy as much bitcoin as you can because this bitcoin has very many advantages, one of which is that bitcoin has very limited coins and has very high demand making bitcoin the best to buy and hold.
sleekie

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:19:02 AM

This is a really valid argument to get some Bitcoin. Its good to know not everyone in the Crypto world is coming for the "moon" rush, its with credible investors like this that makes Bitcoin more valuable
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.