Bitcoin Forum
January 21, 2019, 04:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am buying bitcoins - and why I am keeping them.  (Read 2586 times)
Blackrain13

Activity: 209
Merit: 2

sunxcoin.com - crypto/Fiat exchange ecosystem

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:48:52 PM

For me it is simply because i believe bitcoin will help us to have a better living and it is a good investment nowadays thats why i keep buying and holding it while waiting the market rise. Now that bitcoin price still lower it could be great to buy more because before end of this year i believe that there is a great changes to its price.

X ──  A SMART BLOCKCHAIN EXCHANGE PLATFORM  ── X
Join SUNX (XNS) ICO: https://sunxcoin.com/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
DOLONCHAPA

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:02:42 PM

It is now one types of business actually. If you don't keep or don't buy any single piece of BTC  , from where you make profit? In the present world there has a great significant of coins like BTC. You can make profit from buying and selling this coin. While it's great that Bitcoin has a limited supply, don't focus too much on that since there will always be enough supply in form of sellers looking to unload coins at prices above their entry points. It allows coins to circulate from person to person without anyone ever going to see a completely exhausted market.
brightcove

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

This project is really interesting. With the growing number of bloggers, this should attract a lot of clients. Good luck
maarx

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:59:19 PM

Several years ago I asked in these forums about how I could buy several hundred thousand dollars worth of bitcoin.   It became obvious, back then, that it would be a nearly impossible task.   I would have faced sanctions by my bank, I would have moved the price and I would have had to deal with a mysterious Japanese company called MtGox.

In the end, I sadly took no action.

Everything has changed.  It is now 5X easier to buy bitcoin.   I am now a regular buyer of bitcoins.  I don’t care that the price is 10X or 100X what I could have had them for.

So why am I buying now?

Exclusivity
Firstly, there will never be more than 21 million bitcoins.   There are more millionaires than that.   I like to own something that not every millionaire will be able to own.  It’s exclusivity.   I own something that has a limited supply, so not everyone can own one, but I’ve got lots of them.

I don’t need to ask permission to spend them
Secondly, I like the fact that bitcoin is “permission-less”.   I won’t ever have to ask permission to spend or use my bitcoins - not that I plan to use them. Everything else I own (in the form of financial assets) is in the hands of a bank or a custodian.  I can’t spend my money without permission from my bank or credit card company.  

Bitcoin can’t be “frozen”
If a business deal goes wrong, if someone sues me, if a future wife divorces me and says “I get everything”, if I am friends with a sanctioned political leader - because you survive by being on the side of those in power, - if, if, if, if....... so many things might go wrong.  I could wake up one morning, and find my bank accounts frozen, and my credit cards don’t work.   They can’t ever freeze my bitcoin.   The code is in my head.

What’s wrong with cash or gold bars?
The most obvious disadvantage with cash is that it is being de-valued all the time. It’s great to own for a year or two, but in the long run it’s going towards zero.   Secondly, they change the colour and design of the bank notes every few years.  You have a limited time to change old for new.  Then, if you are changing more than a small amount, you have to start answering questions and providing documents.   Lastly, you can’t cross the border with more than 10’000 dollars or euros in cash without filling in forms, which could lead to another line of questioning.

As for gold, it also is difficult to transport without customs declarations.  Gold bars or coins are not easily divisible into smaller sizes.

A different look at keeping bitcoin and benefiting out of it. Being independent keeping bitcoin makes one happiest on earth. Its so good when bitcoin is received in one's wallet. Besides this, waiting for bitcoin price spike and gain turn over brings satisfaction. The main motivation to keep hold of bitcoin and  other altcoins is to gain profits obviously, besides this seeing bitcoin wallet with bitcoins is tremendous.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Mahanton

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:45:41 PM

Some of the info in the OP is stuff most of us knew but I did not knew there were more than 21 million millionaires, do you have a source for that? For a long time I have always thought the price of each coin will get very high if it becomes used all over the world, but if this is true a person that buys a single bitcoin and holds it for a very long time could change his life by just getting into the market right now.
Doesn't really need a source yet this is only just a presumption when he do say about 21 million millionaires which he do talk about bitcoin holders and having positive views wont really be that bad but be sure on the amount you have invested aren't the amounts which you do make use on your daily living or on your full force or all in with your life savings. Only invest on the amount that you can able to risk.
henlity87

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:32:04 AM

Buying Bitcoin to fit into the new world only uses electronic cash instead of cash, keeping Bitcoin as the value of Bitcoin also depends on its quantity.
You're not alone in this forum who is buying and keeping bit coin for some reason i also save my coins for the same reason. It become easy to buy bitcoin when i was new in crypto currencies it was really hard to buy a single satoshi scammers were everywhere.
Dreamace7

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

: ”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:11:38 PM

Bitcoin, in my opinion is the best cryptocurrency investment.
It is fairly stable (although cryptocurrencies is a very volatile and unpredictable area).
Bitcoin is less prone to wild fluctuations.
It is limited, so only so many people can own it. This drives the price up.
It has a high value and market cap.
It us the most accepted cryptocurrency.
Many reasons to own bitcoin.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
vuithoinha

Activity: 197

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:50:29 AM

Bitcoin is the first Crypto to use blockchain technology in the financial sector. Bitcoin's Blockchain records all transactions, can not be repaired, can not be fraudulent, so everyone has absolute trust so Bitcoin automatically gets workers a currency.
Basically no one can intervene in Bitcoin's operation once its network is up and running, even its programmers, even without any government decision. Any change must be agreed by the community. Transaction costs are very fast and cheap because transactions are very simple between the computer and the computer, there are no people in the middle of the transaction as traditional transactions.
roorgelak

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:07:51 AM

Buying Bitcoin to fit into the new world only uses electronic cash instead of cash, keeping Bitcoin as the value of Bitcoin also depends on its quantity.
It become now easy to buy bit coins and most popular coins with extra ordinary security .Bitcoin’s value  wasn't good as compare to today's value .Glad to hear people are involving and interesting in bit coins now more.
Kira_lapa

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:18:00 AM

Now it is possible to say with confidence that the price of bitcoin will continue to grow, as the offer is limited, and attention will be only increased every year. Even in spite of the fact that negative events can throw the price far back, all the same, experience shows that it confidently not only returns to its former positions, but also conquers new heights.
pinoyden

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:00:28 AM

Me myself is not buying bitcoins because im not an investor or trader but i still do earn bitcoins and i did kept them because i have a better plans for them in the future specifically to sell them in a much higher value .

not only in the means of earning a profit but also to improve my life because im also using my bitcoins to pay someone and to pay my bills instantly without needing to travel far away from my home . bitcoin is really an amazing tool .
liliano

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:06:14 AM

For me bitcoin is a digital asset that deserves to be an investment product considering its supply has reached the threshold, so I am increasingly convinced this will be a rare product that is hunted by everyone like antiques that have exorbitant value
droptableguy2

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:25:58 PM

I think you have to know your self the purpose and why you buy bitcoin, don't just follow the trend and don't know what you are going to face, you have to ask yourself dude, why do you have to invest in bitcoin, because that is what will be the foundation for you to  believe to hold bitcoin for a long time
Bitcoin has existed for many years and has many difficulties with it. It has become a great proof that the strength of Bitcoin's efforts is growing. So it keeps the style in the market. Have the trust of the community and represent the electronic market to trade in all different financial sectors. So people trust and want to keep them long.

Semedojunior60

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:00:11 PM

If you are buying Bitcoin, it means you are doing some nice investment. Buy enough of it. As much as your money could buy then keep them for future purposes. Bitcoin still have enough room to grow beyond expectations
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:54:19 PM

Me myself is not buying bitcoins because im not an investor or trader but i still do earn bitcoins and i did kept them because i have a better plans for them in the future specifically to sell them in a much higher value .

not only in the means of earning a profit but also to improve my life because im also using my bitcoins to pay someone and to pay my bills instantly without needing to travel far away from my home . bitcoin is really an amazing tool .

I believe you are service provider who I working for bit coin payment mate. As I have invested and waiting to profit alone in the market so buying seems little different for them.

Please check at the good time and invest in the coins according most of the people will looking to buy say bear market and this is the time for it.
sunflower_11438

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:13:11 AM

Several years ago I asked in these forums about how I could buy several hundred thousand dollars worth of bitcoin.   It became obvious, back then, that it would be a nearly impossible task.   I would have faced sanctions by my bank, I would have moved the price and I would have had to deal with a mysterious Japanese company called MtGox.

Everything has changed.  It is now 5X easier to buy bitcoin.   I am now a regular buyer of bitcoins.  I don’t care that the price is 10X or 100X what I could have had them for.

So why am I buying now?

Exclusivity
Firstly, there will never be more than 21 million bitcoins.   There are more millionaires than that.   I like to own something that not every millionaire will be able to own.  It’s exclusivity.   I own something that has a limited supply, so not everyone can own one, but I’ve got lots of them.

Secondly, I like the fact that bitcoin is “permission-less”.   I won’t ever have to ask permission to spend or use my bitcoins - not that I plan to use them. Everything else I own (in the form of financial assets) is in the hands of a bank or a custodian.  I can’t spend my money without permission from my bank or credit card company.  

If a business deal goes wrong, if someone sues me, if a future wife divorces me and says “I get everything”, if I am friends with a sanctioned political leader - because you survive by being on the side of those in power, - if, if, if, if....... so many things might go wrong.  I could wake up one morning, and find my bank accounts frozen, and my credit cards don’t work.   They can’t ever freeze my bitcoin.   The code is in my head.

The most obvious disadvantage with cash is that it is being de-valued all the time. It’s great to own for a year or two, but in the long run it’s going towards zero.   Secondly, they change the colour and design of the bank notes every few years.  You have a limited time to change old for new.  Then, if you are changing more than a small amount, you have to start answering questions and providing documents.   Lastly, you can’t cross the border with more than 10’000 dollars or euros in cash without filling in forms, which could lead to another line of questioning.

As for gold, it also is difficult to transport without customs declarations.  Gold bars or coins are not easily divisible into smaller sizes.

When we enter the bitcoin economy, it's like we live in two countries without us leaving our country.
So when one day our country does not side with us then we still have "another country".
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:22:38 AM

You've got great and valid reasons to buy as many bitcoin as possible against the future. Many people wish they knew bitcoin early enough. As at today it is an opportunity worth taking and it will definitely pay off in the end. No wise person will let this great opportunity elude him.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
volusion

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:00:35 PM

sold then.
Nanot

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:19:02 PM

So why am I buying now?

Exclusivity

I also want that kind of thing to manage but since i dont have any of the billion bitcoin works i can say it will naot turning into a person like you.. but since you are open to all that involved bitcoin..i can say that you might get into invesment not only buying coins but also  investing it to make it more in a short period of time.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 469

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:44:45 PM

You've got great and valid reasons to buy as many bitcoin as possible against the future. Many people wish they knew bitcoin early enough. As at today it is an opportunity worth taking and it will definitely pay off in the end. No wise person will let this great opportunity elude him.
Investing in Bitcoin is a risky investment, but the return on investment is immense so investors should consider investing in Bitcoin as well as cryptocurrency. I used my savings to buy Bitcoin from the beginning of 2018 and now I still keep it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.