Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:11:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Terraminer "2" TH "February" Batch  (Read 1719 times)
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:09:38 AM

I am a retired IBM employee who specialized in hardware and software testing while at IBM. I purchased 2 of Cointerra's Terraminer 4s. I have thoroughly tested them and found this hardware to be completely unsatisfactory. I strongly do not recommend buying one of these devices. If you do you will be sorry. The reasons why this is a bad investment is as follows.

1. They failed to deliver the preorders in a timely manner. You will lose thousands just waiting for the machines to arrive. They will be months later than promised.

2. They under perform in every way that is important.

a. They promise to deliver a 2 TH machine. The Terraminer 4 cannot be made to go any faster than 1.6 Ths. Believe me when I tell you I have tried. The max speed is 1.6ths which will leave you 400 ghs short. Over time that will cost you loses in the thousands of dollars.

b. They use nearly double the power that they should use. Each Terraminer uses nearly 2000 watts per machine. This problem will cause you much hardship. This much power usage can't be run reliably in most homes as it will cause the circuit breakers to trip. I had to rewire my workroom to accommodate the extraordinary power consumption. Obviously your power bill will sky rocket when running these machines.

3. The Terraminer 4 are also very sensitive to temperature as well. If the air temperature in the room goes over 77 degrees Fahrenheit the hashing rate drops dramatically sometimes going below 1 ths. What this means to you is that you will have to supply additional air conditioning to keep the temperature below 77 degrees. I am running 2 air conditioners that use about 2800 watts of additional electricity. Needless to say my power bill is staggering because of the inferior design of their hardware. The ac and the 2 Terraminers use approximately 24 dollars a day of power. This cuts very deeply into your profits.
4. The Terraminer 4s also are extremely loud. If you are married there is no way that your wife will let you run these things in your house.

In summation these machines will cost you thousands just to operate. You will spend most of your time monitoring the air conditioning and restarting the miners when they malfunction due to slight over temperature. These machines are garbage avoid them at all cost.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀