Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 2338 times)
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:11:01 PM

Neither.  A rather pathetic method to siphon funds from the SC economy into the personal wallet file of one person.

It all comes down to one question: Do you support the CPF or not? Answer this and you know if SC2 is for you or not.

CPF doesn't exist.  The money flows directly into Coin Hunter's wallet.  Period.  You can dress that up with any fancy acronym you want but the reality is there is a mechanism which transfers wealth to CH.  He holds the private keys it is his coins.

Maybe he will use it for good.  Maybe he will use it to end world hunger.  Maybe he won't.

The real question is do you want to be involved in a centralized digital fiat currency which requires implicit trust on a single person without any checks or balances.

Essentially Coin Hunter's scheme undoes all the advantages of crypto-currency

Non-fiat is now fiat.  He can directly manipulate the inflation or deflation of currency to his personal benefit.  i.e. Federal Reserve for SC.
Decentralized is no Centralized.  He controls all the keys to the castle, all the source code, and if he died tomorrow SC would fail.
Trust-Free is now Implicit Trust.  The entire SC system works if you trust Coin Hunter to do the right thing today and always in the future.  If he doesn't it fails.

So you don't support the CPF?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:23:18 PM

I got no problem w/ concept of CPF.

Make a CPF that doesn't involve a centralized, implicit-trust, digital fiat system and it is a great idea.  If the cost of CPF is destroying everything good about crypto-currency then the price is too high.

Like saying:
"Eat dogshit and I will feed this baby". 
"I am not eating dog shit."
"So you don't support feeding babies?"

If you find a good working way to operate a decentralized CPF, I will support the idea Smiley
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:15:51 PM

Make a CPF that doesn't involve a centralized, implicit-trust, digital fiat system and it is a great idea.  If the cost of CPF is destroying everything good about crypto-currency then the price is too high.

Like saying:

Well, while my fun-d is sorta centralized (AF and coblee found a rather elegant solution to sorta-decentralizing laundry part of the fund) and does involve implicit trust (not so much in me but in enlightened self-interest of mine), it is not fiat.

I can't make "even moar tee-bee-exes" at a whim.

So in theory, you should like TBX more than SC2 Cheesy

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 12:44:39 AM

Like saying:

Well, while my fun-d is sorta centralized (AF and coblee found a rather elegant solution to sorta-decentralizing laundry part of the fund) and does involve implicit trust (not so much in me but in enlightened self-interest of mine), it is not fiat.

I can't make "even moar tee-bee-exes" at a whim.

So in theory, you should like TBX more than SC2 Cheesy

You "theoretically" having a way to decentralize control of your slush-fund is in no way the same as it being decentralized.  Once you no longer have control over it THEN you have the right to criticize SC2 (on that issue - you obv have the right to criticize it on all its other flawas already).

TBX and SC2 both have one person controlling a large number of pre-gernerated coins.  Spin it how you like - but until you no longer have the OPTION to sell/transfer them you're in the same boat.  Talk of how you 'could' lose control of them carries no weight with me: talk's cheap - action is what convinces me.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 12:47:03 AM

I still have no power to conjure extra coins, while trusted nodes allow author to force changes at a whim

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 12:48:45 AM

You "theoretically" having a way to decentralize control of your slush-fund is in no way the same as it being decentralized.  Once you no longer have control over it THEN you have the right to criticize SC2 (on that issue - you obv have the right to criticize it on all its other flawas already).

TBX and SC2 both have one person controlling a large number of pre-gernerated coins.  Spin it how you like - but until you no longer have the OPTION to sell/transfer them you're in the same boat.  Talk of how you 'could' lose control of them carries no weight with me: talk's cheap - action is what convinces me.

Slightly different boat, as TBX doesn't take coins directly from miners.  CH's fund grows -directly- from mining, whereas Lolcusts does not.  Though I agree the centralized point is valid.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 01:20:10 AM

I still have no power to conjure extra coins, while trusted nodes allow author to force changes at a whim

You already have 7 mill+ of them - why would you NEED to conjure more (obviously if you managed to sell those 7mill then you would - but don't think you've manged that so far)?

I'm not claiming you INTEND to cash out the 7 mill premined/pregenned - but if you DO intend to cash out on the chain then selling those is of far more importance than creating even more (unsellable) coins.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 03:51:32 PM

You already have 7 mill+ of them - why would you NEED to conjure more (obviously if you managed to sell those 7mill then you would - but don't think you've manged that so far)?

I'm not claiming you INTEND to cash out the 7 mill premined/pregenned - but if you DO intend to cash out on the chain then selling those is of far more importance than creating even more (unsellable) coins.

And a huge tbx dump occured in last 2days, coincidence?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: