Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:20:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the big deal with Quarkcoin ATM?  (Read 722 times)
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:21:51 AM

Or am i missing something?
There seems to be alot of talk that this will be the next "big" coin.
But if its because of its speed, that comes as a surprise to me, since there are many other coins that are just as fast if not faster.
Fast coin is supposed to be 15 seconds and with digibyte, its practically instant, which is really what we need with POS, since we can complete a transaction as fast as EFTPOS.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:00:33 PM

let me let you in on the secret - :

The big deal about Quark is that, it has a whole lot of real humans that hold it - as opposed to copy and pasted forum robots.

As this is Earth and the year is 2014 and most of the inhabitants are humans, this factor helps, because when humans conduct trade that forms a thing called an "economy".

And you see, the problem with the current "economy" is that its (of course) ruled by debt interest.    : (

so you see, if lots of humans trade this new fangled "crypto" currency and develop an "economy", that helps the participants. free themselves from this "Debt interest scam"  {Debt interest coin? DIC ?} {get on to it!}   

its an amazing idea really.

For example the company http://www.allthingsluxury.biz/ saw such an increase in their business by accepting Quark that they decided to post a large banner advert for Quark.  http://www.allthingsluxury.biz/  < check it out.

just to be sure so you know we had no prior arrangement with this company. : D

People like Quark because unlike many scammers (most crypto currencies) (I  love you BTW) Quark was presented to the market at nearly 0 price and the rest is history.

so you see its a snowball effect generally, and its decentralized, and out of anyones control.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
thejepper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:04:04 PM

people want more fair coins nowadays, quark had a pretty bad rep. Just like the panda discussion now.
plus there are tons of coins now with fast transaction time

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:14:22 PM

people want more fair coins nowadays, quark had a pretty bad rep. Just like the panda discussion now.

Forum robot example number #1.

Note the absence of transaction times discussion in the above text.

all be it of course, ha ha, those 10 minute times caused a little issued recently with, what's the name of that place ....... ? ?

its a mountain or a card game or something ha ha .....

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
thejepper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:38:29 PM

Forum robot example number #1.

Note the absence of transaction times discussion in the above text.

all be it of course, ha ha, those 10 minute times caused a little issued recently with, what's the name of that place ....... ? ?

its a mountain or a card game or something ha ha .....

Lol, this is why i cant take you serious, it's sloppy programming on mtGox's side that caused those problems. Quark has the same vulnerability, only the time for exploitation is decreased.
This is the same for all fast coins.

Btw for fast transaction plus piece of stake minting check out Mintcoin!

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:29:29 PM

Or am i missing something?
There seems to be alot of talk that this will be the next "big" coin.
But if its because of its speed, that comes as a surprise to me, since there are many other coins that are just as fast if not faster.
Fast coin is supposed to be 15 seconds and with digibyte, its practically instant, which is really what we need with POS, since we can complete a transaction as fast as EFTPOS.

Faster block rates cause high orphan rate while mining. Also fast block targets make coins more vulnerable to 51% attack and forking issues. 30secs is lowest reasonable block target possible. For instance wdc had 15sec block target upon release but later they hardforked blockchain and switched to 30 sec to resolve orphan issues and improve security. Also confirmation time does not determine payment processor tx processing speed . For instance BitPay provides instant transactions for BTC while BTC block target is 10 min. This is their risk. 30 seconds is as low as you want to go, Quark is already hitting the limits of crypto coins here with it's complemented method of hashing.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:58:31 AM

This is one reason why NXT coin is of interest to me, however its not very user friendly, i still dont know how you access your wallet on other computers for example, and i would have preferred it if the coins were more fairly distributed, rather than those who already had funds to buy into the genesis block, which makes me wonder of the developers did it to make a quick profit.
I might trade some doge for quark perhaps, its just annoying to see so many altcoins popping up that have no real advantage over another, there are so many out there and i dont know what ones will succeed, i cant really see enough room for more than 6 cryptocurrencies max, ideally would be to have one dominant worldwide currency that can be used without regulation or restriction from the world banks.
Dogecoin may very well succeed for online shopping etc, but will a meme based currency gain adoption to the mass market, who knows?

I dont think dogecoin can be underestimated, but for something to be more successful than bitcoin or litecoin, we really need to see serious development and a fresh start i feel. NXT coin is the only coin ive found that has rewritten everything from scratch, but im sure there are others. Vertcoin has alot to offer too, but again does not offer much advantage in speed, and in A POS environment, speed is everything, and confirmation times have to be virtually instant.

Im new to mining cryptocurrencies and only have 1.5MH available with script, so i want to make the right moves before its too late.
And it seems everyone has their own opinion on what coin to choose! I feel spreading the risk is probably the best thing thats for sure.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:02:07 AM

agreed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: