Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:16:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SC Releases his 'white paper', hilarity ensues  (Read 13091 times)
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 01:21:28 PM

Prove that I am CoinHunter or withdraw your comment.

The fact BitcoinExpress was banned from the forum says everything really about the quality of the accusations some forum members like to bandy around.

I am CoinHunter in the same way kangaroos jump down the main street of Sydney.

You did say you are RealSolid here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47303.msg562956#msg562956
Isn't RealSolid the same as CoinHunter?

Where did you go, BitcoinMedia? Did you forget that you claimed to be RealSolid in that thread?

I'll quote it for posterity.

Threads locked -Discuss.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47135.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46649.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44387.100

No, you cant kill discussion. Time to put up or shut up.

btw

I am RealSolid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 03:50:48 PM

Not quite—  You generate a normal block, then use your trust account to mine a trusted block right after it (especially easy since it's a minimal difficulty computation).  If someone else had beat you to the punch on the normal block it doesn't matter— the chain with the trusted block is the longest one.  So while the trusted block itself costs you coins it gives you a veto over the identity of the generator of the prior block.

I was wonder about this too. I asked CH in an earlier post but I think that section of the post got derailed.

I seems implausible that they would go to all the trouble of adding in interleaving blocks (What I called a vector clock) without realizing they could be used in fork detection. Basically this would supplement or override "the longest chain" rule in cases where a long fork appears out of the blue. Otherwise, anyone who could isolate a single trusted peer could run wild.

However, I didn't think it was plausible to invent ten 1.2 MSC accounts to make interleave feature work either.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 03:57:46 PM

CoinHunter, what will happen to SolidCoin if, God forbid, you get hit by a bus?

Why should he care? It won't be his problem.

We should empirically test this. Anyone have the number of a bus hire company in Australia?
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:18:48 PM

Say I am trusted node.  I pay 1.6 SC when I sign each even block but I decide which odd block is accepted (which is worth 32 SC).  I am a capitalist. Pay me 4 SC of your block reward or your odd block will never be accepted.

And what if the blocks get "accepted" by one of the other supernodes?
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 04:19:28 PM

We should empirically test this. Anyone have the number of a bus hire company in Australia?

I dont like where that train of thought is headed. Considering many people have accused me of being coinhunter its not out of the realm of possibility a mistake could occur and the wrong person gets run over by a bus. This is getting rather threatening and distasteful.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 04:21:14 PM

Well that is the 51% attack, and it basically means you can wake up tomorrow with zero Bitcoins in your wallet.
Wrong again. 51% makes double-spends of your own coins possible. A 51% attack on Bitcoin cannot make my coins disappear.

He has to know this, right? All of those "articles" on his site merely make false claims about Bitcoin in order to try to scare people into using SolidCoin. How is CoinHunter/BitcoinMedia not in violation of forum rules?

Prove that I am CoinHunter or withdraw your comment.

The fact BitcoinExpress was banned from the forum says everything really about the quality of the accusations some forum members like to bandy around.

I am CoinHunter in the same way kangaroos jump down the main street of Sydney.

I am also SPARTACUS!

You did say you are RealSolid here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47303.msg562956#msg562956
Isn't RealSolid the same as CoinHunter?

Bitcoinmedia,

uh Dude, like there it is in your own words, Realsolid and Coinhunter are well known as one in the same.

johnj (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:22:25 PM

I dont like where that train of thought is headed. Considering many people have accused me of being coinhunter its not out of the realm of possibility a mistake could occur and the wrong person gets run over by a bus. This is getting rather threatening and distasteful.

Agreed.  Threatening the lives of people involved with SC *is* in poor taste.

However, CH opened up this door himself when he made threats upon the SC 'super-node' holders.  "They're people with families, assets, things to lose...."

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 04:23:08 PM

I am also Satoshi.

HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:26:08 PM

It only seems fair that if BTX was banned from here, we should give the same honor to RS/CH.

Not sure who the bigger troll is, quite honestly.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 04:36:13 PM

BitcoinMedia aka PhantomCircuit,
You admitted being Realsolid, the post has been quoted numerous times.

We'll know who you really are soon enough after I have lunch today with my life long friend at HE today later in Fremont.

LOL. cold.

Since you cant tell sarcasm from reality I wont bother explaining the reference to you.

sd

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:40:24 PM

Agreed.  Threatening the lives of people involved with SC *is* in poor taste.

However, CH opened up this door himself when he made threats upon the SC 'super-node' holders.  "They're people with families, assets, things to lose...."

You have totally the wrong idea. I wasn't seriously suggesting I wanted to kill CoinHuter with a bus. I was only going to tap him gently with it to make a point. Maybe give him a few bruises, nothing more.

It was a joke, and I did see CoinHunters comment you quoted above in the original context. I'm pretty sure he was talking about legal action, not some kind of criminal punishment! He is a scammer not a mobster.
grod

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 05:23:29 PM

Agreed.  Threatening the lives of people involved with SC *is* in poor taste.

However, CH opened up this door himself when he made threats upon the SC 'super-node' holders.  "They're people with families, assets, things to lose...."

You have totally the wrong idea. I wasn't seriously suggesting I wanted to kill CoinHuter with a bus. I was only going to tap him gently with it to make a point. Maybe give him a few bruises, nothing more.

It was a joke, and I did see CoinHunters comment you quoted above in the original context. I'm pretty sure he was talking about legal action, not some kind of criminal punishment! He is a scammer not a mobster.

Legal action?  Really?  Legal action?

I'd love to see the contracts CH has with his 9 buddies.  What kind of compensation was exchanged in return for entering into those contracts?  Internet funbucks are great and all (especially if it's 1.2 million internet fun bucks that the guy issuing later claims can't be redeemed), but I wonder if those contracts would ever be enforceable.  For a contract to be valid a reasonable person must be capable of understanding the terms.  Any half-competent lawyer could spin the byzantine SC "architecture" into verbal spew complex enough to make it look like the scam it is.  If one of the 9 destroys what little value SC has there won't be enough money in the ecosystem to pay the kind of ninja lawyer that could make what looks like a scam contract stand up.

Then there's the whole jurisdiction thing.  What I said is valid in the US, international law may be different.

zillagod

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:14:22 PM

Not quite—  You generate a normal block, then use your trust account to mine a trusted block right after it (especially easy since it's a minimal difficulty computation).  If someone else had beat you to the punch on the normal block it doesn't matter— the chain with the trusted block is the longest one.  So while the trusted block itself costs you coins it gives you a veto over the identity of the generator of the prior block.

I was wonder about this too. I asked CH in an earlier post but I think that section of the post got derailed.

I seems implausible that they would go to all the trouble of adding in interleaving blocks (What I called a vector clock) without realizing they could be used in fork detection. Basically this would supplement or override "the longest chain" rule in cases where a long fork appears out of the blue. Otherwise, anyone who could isolate a single trusted peer could run wild.

However, I didn't think it was plausible to invent ten 1.2 MSC accounts to make interleave feature work either.

From what CH/RS said, it's not the longest chain but the richest trusted node. So I guess if someone manages to grab more coin than anyone else they'll be in charge?
sd

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:25:07 PM

However, CH opened up this door himself when he made threats upon the SC 'super-node' holders.  "They're people with families, assets, things to lose...."

That was the impression I got. I'm not trying to defend him and I never said he wasn't a delusional nutcase. If he can't pay lawyers he can't pay contract killers either so don't worry about his threats, legal or otherwise.

localhost

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:37:51 PM

That was the impression I got. I'm not trying to defend him and I never said he wasn't a delusional nutcase. If he can't pay lawyers he can't pay contract killers either so don't worry about his threats, legal or otherwise.
Jeez... you guys have too much imagination Cheesy I think all he meant was that the super-node holders with a million of SC couldn't afford to lose them. I'm not sure this is right though...
On a side note, where are you quoting the sentence I underlined from? Can't find it as is in this thread nor in the whitepaper.

-
johnj (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:41:25 PM

Jeez... you guys have too much imagination Cheesy I think all he meant was that the super-node holders with a million of SC couldn't afford to lose them. I'm not sure this is right though...
On a side note, where are you quoting the sentence I underlined from? Can't find it as is in this thread nor in the whitepaper.

Here

Question, for CoinHunter. Who runs the trusted peers? Are they all yours?

I have control of one of the accounts currently, I'm not sure if I will end up with any, just for now it's easier this way. I won't say how many are in the wild yet but we are increasing the presence on the network of them.

The people I'm giving them to are ardent SC supporters, who have families, assets and things to lose if they do anything inappropriate with it, combined with having excellent knowledge about system running.

localhost

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:52:08 PM

Here

I have control of one of the accounts currently, I'm not sure if I will end up with any, just for now it's easier this way. I won't say how many are in the wild yet but we are increasing the presence on the network of them.

The people I'm giving them to are ardent SC supporters, who have families, assets and things to lose if they do anything inappropriate with it, combined with having excellent knowledge about system running.
Mkay... maybe forget what I said then... Although my main concern about this is that he's saying he already gave away millions of coins to SC fanboys. This leaves me with a tough choice about how to call this ccurrency: TaxCoin? RSFriendsCoin? RSClubCoin? FanCoin? GiveawayCoin? So many things to choose from...

-
johnj (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:53:40 PM

Here

Mkay... maybe forget what I said then... Although my main concern about this is that he's saying he already gave away millions of coins to SC fanboys. This leaves me with a tough choice about how to call this ccurrency: TaxCoin? RSFriendsCoin? RSClubCoin? FanCoin? So many things to choose from...

ScamCoin is my favorite, I'm pushing for CH to receive the scammer label after this obvious bait-and-switch.

Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:54:57 PM

The Invisible Hand, flipping off CoinHunter

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 06:57:47 PM

So what I want to know is, if only supernodes can do even numbered blocks and they're always difficulty 1, why were even numbered blocks taking less time during the low difficulty minefest?

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: