Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:37:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SC Releases his 'white paper', hilarity ensues  (Read 13099 times)
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 10:02:01 PM

From my reading, he's not spread any lies but given factual answers.

For instance:

Yes on the 10% tax.  Still it doesn't matter.  You paying 10% directly or inflation reducing the buying power of 1 coin by 10% does the same thing (just ask the Fed - take a look @ food prices).

The fallacy there whether he chooses to admit it or not, is that it is 5%, the 5% comes in from the even numbered blocks and are thusly generated by the Arbiter nodes as a part of the definition of an Arbiter node.

So while it is 5% from every block, the even and odd blocks are paired, the even blocks produce the 5% CPF tariff and the odd blocks generate to the miners.

Coinhunter can correct me if I am wrong here, but it was pretty clearly stated from what I read to be how it works.

I thought 1.6 SC is generated as CPF (not sure which block) AND the trusted nodes pays CPF 1.6 SC for each even numbered blocks. So that adds up to 3.2 SC for every 2 blocks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 10:03:11 PM

Listen, monitoring is done by people or relatively trivial code usually. No one is going to write a neural net to monitor coinhunter's shit, he doesn't have to invent perfect obfuscation, just one good enough to confuse majority of observers.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 11:37:44 PM

ViperJBM

You need to change you sig

Sometimes, life just gives you,well,Solidcoins, and you just have to figure how to wipe you ass with virtual currency Smiley

You need a virtual ass ?

Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 12:50:20 AM

From my reading, he's not spread any lies but given factual answers.

For instance:

Yes on the 10% tax.  Still it doesn't matter.  You paying 10% directly or inflation reducing the buying power of 1 coin by 10% does the same thing (just ask the Fed - take a look @ food prices).

The fallacy there whether he chooses to admit it or not, is that it is 5%, the 5% comes in from the even numbered blocks and are thusly generated by the Arbiter nodes as a part of the definition of an Arbiter node.

So while it is 5% from every block, the even and odd blocks are paired, the even blocks produce the 5% CPF tariff and the odd blocks generate to the miners.

Coinhunter can correct me if I am wrong here, but it was pretty clearly stated from what I read to be how it works.

I'm not clear on your position here.

Do you agree that there is taxation/inflation going on here or are you saying that this isn't happening?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 01:00:56 AM

No you are wrong and Coinhundter has already confirmed it.

There are TWO transactions in the even block.

1.6 SC from trusted nodes -> CH personal wallet 
 PLUS
1.6 SC minted out of thin air -> CH personal wallet
------
~3.2 SC for every even block.

Every odd block (normal) block has 32 SC.

So 10% of everything goes to Coin Hunter personal wallet.

You do know you can see the transactions in blocks w/ the client right?

Just look at any even number blocks.  You will notice the amount sent to Coin Hunter isn't 1.6SC (5%) it is 3.2SC (10%) it just happens to come from two sources (half from trusted nodes & half from nothing).

I've been analyzing it for myself while I will be quoted out of context here that would appear to be the case, however I will add there is a disparity all the same, the 3.2002 coins are constant every time, the odd number payouts are rising (due to increased difficulty) with 37.5602 being the latest block reward w/ no tx fees in essence if my observation is correct, initially it was 10% to CPF but that is being reduced with difficulty and later as the base reward drops... at max difficulty with the lowest base you would be looking at 0.4 to CPF and >10-14 to miner which is greatly reduced from 10%

I'm sure if his personal cut is dropping he'll fix that bug quickly.  Either that or halt the chain and then relase SC3 with even more premined coins, a higher tax and everything mined by super-nodes with random rewards given out to miners based on connection time (unless blocked by a super-node).  That would totally solve the 51% problem.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 01:06:37 AM

Actually, lottery based (re?)distribution seems like a fun idea.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 01:09:02 AM

Actually, lottery based (re?)distribution seems like a fun idea.

This is what my next ScamCoin is all about mate. I will file for intellectual property theft.
penix

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 04:42:14 AM

Sometimes, life just gives you,well,Solidcoins, and you just have to figure how to wipe you ass with virtual currency Smiley
You need a virtual ass ?

I will pay 1 BTC to anyone who can give me a drawing of this.

For reference, here is the last piece of art I had commissioned:
NeedyPoo's amazing rendition of RealSolid (NSFW)
johnj (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 04:59:20 AM

You need a virtual ass ?

I will pay 1 BTC to anyone who can give me a drawing of this.

For reference, here is the last piece of art I had commissioned:
NeedyPoo's amazing rendition of RealSolid (NSFW)

As requested, someone confused as to how to wipe their virtual ass with Solidcoins

https://i.imgur.com/6elfN.png

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
penix

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 05:03:36 AM

As requested, someone confused as to how to wipe their virtual ass with Solidcoins

I have a minor modification request. Please add a cleaver caption so that people will know what this picture is about.

1 BTC being sent to 1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym!
johnj (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 05:11:29 AM

I have a minor modification request. Please add a cleaver caption so that people will know what this picture is about.

1 BTC being sent to 1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym!

Updated with a cleaver caption

https://i.imgur.com/QXBs3.png

penix

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 05:13:07 AM

Updated with a cleaver caption

https://i.imgur.com/QXBs3.png

Have an extra .5 BTC for cleverly adding a cleaver!
johnj (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 05:15:54 AM

Haha, I almost (almost) feel guilty for accepting that, but it was too much fun!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: