Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:42:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STO or ICO?  (Read 23577 times)
bitcoindigger71

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:37:04 PM

STO tokens are more like buying share of a company being backed up by tangible assets. It is definitely more secure than ICO as there can be case of fraudulent ICOs who might run away with investor's money because their tokens are not backed by anything tangible. However, both have their pros and cons. Personally, I prefer STOs.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
learningcrypto5421

Activity: 306

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:39:20 AM

These are slightly different from each other. ICO put together the capital through the sale of utility tokens, on the other hand STO do this through the sale of security tokens.
electrobit8024

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:45:02 PM

"It is a strong assumption that in the second half of 2018 and in 2019 we will
see a huge increase in STO, which may cause the complete disappearance
of ICO. The reason is simple - greater certainty for potential investors, and
hence a lower chance of fraud. STO is a natural bridge between the
traditional finance sector and the blockchain, benefiting from both spheres.
"
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Most people just sum all coin/token offerings as "ICOs" but there are some different laws / regulation on the use of the terms. That's mainly why ICOs are called things like STOs and etc

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ailyn30

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Anonymous warrior

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:55:31 PM

Both are good but you should choose a right project . Just think of the future man, chose a wise decision.

I AM THE CRYPTO CURRENCY!
muratdur

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:07:14 AM

Guys, what's the difference between STO and ICO? STO - security token offering. Some say that STO has other legal consequences, in contrast to ICO. Security token becomes like a stock share, unlike a token issued on ICO. Is it right? What do you know or think about it? Personally, my opinion is that STO does not differ from the ICO.
My opinion most of the guys are in unfamiliar with sto right now, so there is some amount of time needed in order to get involved and really familiar with those differences between ICO and STO

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
avivsun

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 12:23:01 PM

STO tokens are more like buying share of a company being backed up by tangible assets. It is definitely more secure than ICO as there can be case of fraudulent ICOs who might run away with investor's money because their tokens are not backed by anything tangible. However, both have their pros and cons. Personally, I prefer STOs.

Security Token Smiley

STO is the new hype, The idea of STO came to light by a blockchain startup called Polymath headed by Trevor Koverko. The concept is gaining much traction as it more regulated which is the main issue with the ICOs.

Read here more about  STO vs ICO
AnaKorf

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:28:35 PM

Tokenized securities are more trustworthy for sure.

A brief intro to tokenisation of alternative investments
https://highcastle.co/how-to-win-in-token-madness/
STOscope
Copper Member

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:23:27 PM

Guys, what's the difference between STO and ICO? STO - security token offering. Some say that STO has other legal consequences, in contrast to ICO. Security token becomes like a stock share, unlike a token issued on ICO. Is it right? What do you know or think about it? Personally, my opinion is that STO does not differ from the ICO.
My opinion most of the guys are in unfamiliar with sto right now, so there is some amount of time needed in order to get involved and really familiar with those differences between ICO and STO

In fact there is only one thing similar between STOs and ICOs and it is blockchain in the base. But all the other things are completely different.
deppil90

Activity: 434
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:38:48 PM

STO is a kind of ICO, but STO is clearer, has been guaranteed by law, STO guarantees investors by binding them to take a position where the direction of the project, so investors and companies will jointly build the project
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:45:06 PM

Hi there. In essence, both STO and ICO are capital mobilization from the investors. But when it comes to "token", "ICO" is mobilizing capital through the sale of "utility token", while the STO is mobilizing capital through the sale of "security token".

The nature of 2 "token" is different:

Utility tokens can be created by anyone and are not subject to legal constraints. When the issuer of the token goes bankrupt or scam, the biggest loss is to the investor.

In contrast, the security token is bound to the publisher's assets and is governed by the law. When the issuer declares bankruptcy or commits fraud, they must liquidate all assets associated with the security token and return it to the investor as a percentage of the token they hold (like stock). At the same time, they are subject to legal action if they abuse their tokens. So investors will be protected when investing in security token.

That's all my opion.

No wonder these developers are picking ICO than STO because it's safer and there's not much obligation on their part, so do you think next itme it's much better to invest on security-based token then utility token because you are protected by the laws.
JayCue

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 01:55:21 PM

Although I mostly invest in ICOs, I think STO is good too and more secure than ICO since security tokens (STO) are subject to such law.

⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:00:46 PM

These are just different formulations of the same concept. ICO - Initial coin offering, STO - SECURITY-TOKENS offereing. And security tokens are coins, lol. Just marketing.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Aeny France

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 10:36:25 AM

STO is the Security Token Offering, same as ICO, but raise the funds using the token with security.

Pros of Security Token Offering:

• Naturally More Secure
• Greater adaptability for business owners
• A smart contract can robotically observe, follow, and allocate investment fund
• Shrink the investment threshold.
• Increasing the asset liquidity
• Market efficiency has been improved.

Get a free consultation to launch an STO
Hc01

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 10:44:47 AM

Although I mostly invest in ICOs, I think STO is good too and more secure than ICO since security tokens (STO) are subject to such law.
People thinks that but I know sto is waves based if I didn't see wrong, I don't like waves and I don't invest to nothing related with waves and eth gives me confidence so I choose icos again.
De Young

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:17:25 PM

With ICOs, you, most likely, invest in a non-existing product on a non-existing blockchain that is about to wow everybody in the near future.

With STOs, you put your money in an existing product that had been tokenized and legalized before.

It is a simple as that!
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:30:29 PM

With ICOs, you, most likely, invest in a non-existing product on a non-existing blockchain that is about to wow everybody in the near future.

With STOs, you put your money in an existing product that had been tokenized and legalized before.

It is a simple as that!
If we consider these two positions, then I choose first of all security. But the main thing is the ability to reduce the number of fraudsters in the cryptocurrency market, and I'm also interested in the real interest of STO in the Bounty company.
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:33:04 PM

STOs will make the crypto world more reliable, unlike the ICOs that are not under any regulations and decide to quit their project at any point in time.
Well, the potential issues investors could face is that they will be faced to pay indirect taxes which shouldn't be a big task to do.
bttr2d3

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:55:11 PM

Is it true that in STOs only accredited investors can take part? Because if so, it leaves a big amount of the population uninvolved.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:01:16 PM

To me personally sto or ico
There are no differences at all
I see them as a packaged tag given to confuse and dilute the initial thoughts of investor
Mi have seen sto project lie and elope
Just as ico would do
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: