Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:30:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: Btc.sx is back up  (Read 1044 times)
cw92 (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:03:03 AM

For those looking to speculate on the Gox price without dealing with Gox themselves, btc.sx is back after a couple days of downtime.  I had no trouble with withdrawals earlier in the week, so that doesn't seem to be an issue. 
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zenojis

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:37:09 AM

My question is this: If btc.sx allows you to deposit and withdraw then doesn't that prove they are a bucket shop?
larin

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:06:54 PM

They don't let you withdraw. And ignore 60+ emails. And clean up their facebook from those who write smth like "where is my money, wtf"  Cry
BTC.SX ARE THIEVES!
johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:19:47 PM

They don't let you withdraw. And ignore 60+ emails. And clean up their facebook from those who write smth like "where is my money, wtf"  Cry
BTC.SX ARE THIEVES!

I have just received all the money I was expecting from them. They do have longer delays than stated on the web, but hopefully you will get your money soon. I also got really worried due to the lack of communication from them, but stay calm and keep reminding them to process your payment.

They seem to do all the payouts manually.
jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:01:53 AM

I've been waiting on a withdrawal from them since Feb 20th...
zenojis

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

I recently received an email from BTC.sx stating that they have resumed operations. Keep watching for your withdrawal and please post about if you ever get it. BTC.sx has always seemed shady but so far I haven't seen them outright steal money.
jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:42:37 PM

Still no response from their support about my withdrawal from them, and today I checked my account and got. "Your account has been deactivated. Please contact Administrator".

My guess: they lost money on trades while Gox was Goxing people, and now they're passing this loss on to "suspicious" accounts.
larin

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:29:48 PM

Still no response from their support about my withdrawal from them, and today I checked my account and got. "Your account has been deactivated. Please contact Administrator".

My guess: they lost money on trades while Gox was Goxing people, and now they're passing this loss on to "suspicious" accounts.

Same here! And Seal ignored me as well. He is somehow related to btc.sx, looks like he is part of their team. Guys at bitcointalk told he is honest and helpfull. pff..
larin

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:54:20 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 12:58:05 AM by larin

I recently received an email from BTC.sx stating that they have resumed operations. Keep watching for your withdrawal and please post about if you ever get it. BTC.sx has always seemed shady but so far I haven't seen them outright steal money.

Now you see. 16 btc stolen.

Check this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470281
and this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=473478
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:04:45 AM

Same here! And Seal ignored me as well. He is somehow related to btc.sx, looks like he is part of their team. Guys at bitcointalk told he is honest and helpfull. pff..
He is honest and helpful. He is just extremely busy in the sense that he usually doesn't respond to PM's until a couple of weeks after. If you want to contact him in a better way, emailing their support is the best way to go.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
larin

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:08:28 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 03:24:56 AM by larin

He is honest and helpful. He is just extremely busy in the sense that he usually doesn't respond to PM's until a couple of weeks after. If you want to contact him in a better way, emailing their support is the best way to go.

Their support ignores me from 27 feb.

Topic about the BTC.SX. The Story, The Discusstion, The place where lots of links about BTC.SX gathered together to let people talk. Let's talk.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524429
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: