Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) already has working anonymous transactions. Why no fuss?  (Read 2693 times)
Heyman (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:09:53 AM

Zerocoin and DarkCoin is making a big deal about their anonymous transactions/coin mixers coming out that are in the works. Cool and all but...

Looks like this coin TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) already has a working version that is live since early this week. Like, it works flawlessly. Looks like this small operation beat all these big guys to the punch. Just a simple checkbox to anonymize your transaction. Check it out, worth a shot. The developers seem like they are doing good work, gravity well implemented as well. Seems like the community is having an indentity crisis with the logo and stuff though.

I really think this is a diamond hiding in a bunch of bad alt coin clones.

Heres their website:
http://fedoraco.in

Announcement thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391192.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:11:26 AM

i like very much the ideal mixer payments. ihope they spread it and one day bitcoin includes it.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:38:20 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 06:13:29 AM by id10tothe9

Zerocoin and DarkCoin is making a big deal about their anonymous transactions/coin mixers coming out that are in the works. Cool and all but...

Looks like this coin TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) already has a working version that is live since early this week. Like, it works flawlessly. Looks like this small operation beat all these big guys to the punch. Just a simple checkbox to anonymize your transaction. Check it out, worth a shot. The developers seem like they are doing good work, gravity well implemented as well. Seems like the community is having an indentity crisis with the logo and stuff though.

I really think this is a diamond hiding in a bunch of bad alt coin clones.

Heres their website:
http://fedoraco.in

Announcement thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391192.0

hi and thanks for the post. Indeed, TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first cryptocurrency (ever!) to implement the anonymity feature, it works perfectly, and it's just a simple tick of a box away on your wallet. The devs are very talented and are working on amazing things to come, I guess this is the beginning of something really great. We haven't been having an identity crisis, but rather new structuring and rebranding and a new organization for better marketing strategies. Now we reached consensus in the community and the work has started to get TiPS to the next level!
Please check out the website http://fedoraco.in
join us on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin
on irc: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=tips
and start tipping Smiley http://www.reddit.com/r/fedoratips/wiki/gettingstarted

Ladies and Gentlemen, a new exciting adventure has just began, I welcome you on board, and salute you with a Tip Of The Hat Wink

Edit: rebranding was the wrong word since TiPS has always been the symbol of FedoraCoin, but rather more focus on the TiPS aspect.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
thejepper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:39:41 AM

the name is just very bad, every time i hear people say hat tips it reminds me of neck beards

Heyman (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:47:28 AM

the name is just very bad, every time i hear people say hat tips it reminds me of neck beards

I think that is why they are moving from FedoraCoin to TiPS. TiPS is just less meme, not a big fan of the hat tip atheist stuff either. I hope the goal is TiPS for tipping artists and stuff like that.

Edit:

Reading into the thread more it looks like TiPS stands for "The Internet Payment System". Not a bad name at all.
kadz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

I think that is why they are moving from FedoraCoin to TiPS. TiPS is just less meme, not a big fan of the hat tip atheist stuff either. I hope the goal is TiPS for tipping artists and stuff like that.

Edit:

Reading into the thread more it looks like TiPS stands for "The Internet Payment System". Not a bad name at all.

TiPS - The Internet Payment System

Yeah! It is coming. Buy in while it's cheap!  Cool

albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:02:52 PM

I noticed the same. This is a very good currency and it is super stable for a while now. Even when they announced that anonymous function, NOTHING happened to the price. In fact, it even went down a little bit. I bought a lot of them and I am sure this will get noticed sooner or later. Buy now or miss out i'd say.
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:17:30 PM

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:47:23 PM

The coin has just launched the Mixing function.
We need to wait a couple of weeks / months. But I think it will get a higher market cap.

No Signature right now...
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:05:34 PM

I noticed the same. This is a very good currency and it is super stable for a while now. Even when they announced that anonymous function, NOTHING happened to the price. In fact, it even went down a little bit. I bought a lot of them and I am sure this will get noticed sooner or later. Buy now or miss out i'd say.

It is because a bag holder of 2.5 billion sold his coins and now all buy walls are going down.
For me it looks like big players are dumping this coin.

>2.5 billion
>big players
>implying

You must be fucking joking, mang.
2.5 billion is about 15k$.
If you call this big players, I do feel pity for you. Your worldview must be very small.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:07:41 PM

can someone explain what's this mixing function?
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:12:42 PM

We will have a good infographics on this soon, but to answer your question:
when you send your coins with anonymize option, they are directed to a mixing node (one of many),
where coins from other transactions are coming too, and also there is a lot of spare ones.
Your coins are mixed with others, and send forward. Only constant is the amount of coins you sent,
but all the coins all not the same you send, so it's impossible to track you back.

Heyman (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

I had same question earlier but found this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471660.0

Explains it well.
btcmania

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:18:36 PM

Isn't this thing forked beyond repair? The pools I were using were resulting in orphaned blocks about 4 weeks back and I stopped mining them.

Hi.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:15:47 PM

thanks everyone for the replies!
profall

Activity: 298

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:46:14 PM

Isn't this thing forked beyond repair? The pools I were using were resulting in orphaned blocks about 4 weeks back and I stopped mining them.

No.

This issue was fixed using kimoto's gravity well. TiPS has always been a profitable coin to mine, so multi-pools would jump in all of the time introducing 7-10 GH/s to a normal 1 GH/s network which would drive up the diff. The next 10 blocks would take a long time for the 1 GH/s of dedicated miners to complete, then the diff would reset and the multi-pools would jump in again and eat up those 10 blocks fast then leave once the diff got high again.

The gravity well was introduced at block 51000, part of the 0.56 update. Once the gravity well was in place, this issue became resolved and the transaction times became much faster as well.

Also, it could of been the fault of the pool operator for not updating the wallet.

srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:48:05 PM

Few pools owners did not care to upgrade, but they are minority.
We got pools with couple hundreds of miners, and you will be most welcome to join us.
Just to give you idea: chickenstrips pool, and fedora coin pool.

cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

Diamond in the rough!

brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:57:04 PM

The problem is that fedora just sounds way too old already. Any coin over 3 weeks old is just game over. Even DOGE with all its might is slowly losing steam.  

Another problem is that the name of the coin is tips which implies you can only tip using this coin in other words you can't use it for your daily purchases. I don't understand why some coins have a theme or subject. Much useless. Very coin.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:04:12 PM

The problem is that fedora just sounds way too old already. Any coin over 3 weeks old is just game over. Even DOGE with all its might is slowly losing steam.  

Another problem is that the name of the coin is tips which implies you can only tip using this coin in other words you can't use it for your daily purchases. I don't understand why some coins have a theme or subject. Much useless. Very coin.

The coin has only been out a couple months.  Most people want long-term profits, not pump and dump schemes where they end up being the bag holder.  The new coins hit the exchanges and are dumped for a quick profit.

TiPS is a micro-payment option, which is desperately needed in the crypto world.  Judge the coin on its features.  Don't contribute hyperbole.  I think a coin with innovative technology and solid foundation is far more important than a cool name.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: