Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:32:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: INTERNET = BITCOIN?  (Read 2840 times)
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:58:57 AM

why i made a title like that because basically the internet has the same properties with bitcoin ie:
1. Equally made by humans if bitcoin was made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, while the Internet was created from a computer network established by the US Department of Defense in 1969.
2. The first equation between Bitcoin and the Internet is that Bitcoin is an efficient, decentralized and moving infrastructure based on protocols open to the public.

and for the difference include:
Bitcoin does not transfer data packets in a dynamic network and circuitry like the one on the internet, but builds trust among users to run its systems efficiently and decentralized.
Although you can argue that the ledger, Bitcoin is "central", it is actually created through decentralized mechanical consensus.
how do you think it all?
it's possible of course if bitcoin is directly related to the internet network, because bitcoin uses the development of technology and the development of the times in working and accessing it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:16:02 AM

Without internet, bitcoin could not be used. So it’s a part of the internet. Comparing these two things is not right I guess.

Bitcoin needs internet. It only exists when internet exists so internet is only the way for it to shutdown and lost value. Bitcoin is dependent on internet that is why slow connection of internet won't make you work effectively when you do is trading. Without internet, bitcoin cannot live this far and no one can access on it.

Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:30:33 AM

These two elements are very closely related, can be imagined if Bitcoin is without internet network. So I agree with the statement that internet = Bitcoin.
oanhphong

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:58:41 AM

International Bank for Reconciliation (BIS) has warned that digital currencies like bitcoin could "overwhelm and disrupt Internet" if they continue to grow.
Mr.Mersch claims that digital currencies are "not monetary" and their effects on the real economy are still limited. However, he admits that "this may change" in the future.
BenRayfield

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:16:49 AM

Strange comparison. You've made an interesting comparison.
Of course, these concepts have similar properties..But still, these concepts are different.
There is a token that is much closer to the Internet. It's an NKN coin.
The Creator of the Internet participated in the development of this project.

TechnoX_X

Activity: 306
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:09:42 AM

They Are Different, Never be equated with each other. In terms of usefulness it has also been clearly different. To run bitcoin or do bitcoin transactions is indeed needed by the internet, but that doesn't mean the internet is bitcoin. They are connected to each other to run or process transaction data from people.
Elexsis

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:22:24 AM

I think Bitcoin is not the Internet, I think Bitcoin is part of the Internet which is a merger between the public trust about bitcoin is money and the internet itself is intangible, but it can be used
but in fact that bitcoin can not be used if there is no internet. I think that bitcoin really needs internet. even if there is no internet then bitcoin will die
Bitcoin is a part of internet which if you don`t have well it`s a loss already for you. Everybody needs internet, because it is the only way we can access and earn bitcoin, for those who really uses cryptocurrency which it really matters.
tanyeza123

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:25:08 AM

why i made a title like that because basically the internet has the same properties with bitcoin ie:
1. Equally made by humans if bitcoin was made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, while the Internet was created from a computer network established by the US Department of Defense in 1969.
2. The first equation between Bitcoin and the Internet is that Bitcoin is an efficient, decentralized and moving infrastructure based on protocols open to the public.

and for the difference include:
Bitcoin does not transfer data packets in a dynamic network and circuitry like the one on the internet, but builds trust among users to run its systems efficiently and decentralized.
Although you can argue that the ledger, Bitcoin is "central", it is actually created through decentralized mechanical consensus.
how do you think it all?
There are many individuals going by frequently the web, it might be their activity or only an approach to breathe easy or perhaps they required something. Many individuals got dependent on it since you can do whatever you need from it except if a few destinations are prohibited at you.

You can take after individuals, you can stalk a few superstars and you can even converse with them. It may not give the administration as the same as Bitcoin however later on installment will be the same, yet the thing is it may not be Bitcoin.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:37:40 AM

I can say Bitcoin is  a subset of Internet, that is another equation. Without Internet bitcoins won't be possible and no blockchain transaction will be effected. As internet was scarce at its inception stage but now common to every common man, so will bitcoin be in the near future.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
DavidCallahan

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:43:10 AM

I really appreciate your conception because as the whole market of cryptocurrency is based on internet and without it we cannot even think of it so, i fully agree with you.
erhildijamel

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:23:00 AM

In my understanding, If internet was not invented then there would be no bitcoin. For me, bitcoin's existence is dependent on the internet since it's technology needs internet to run the system. Internet has big contribution to bitcoin's success and therefore, people should be more thankful with the internet technology because we had bitcoin today that people could able to generate and earn profit.
Charot12345

Activity: 257
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:23:25 AM

I think we can’t say that it was equal because that was two different things even though bitcoin was depending on internet. Bitcoin was nothing and will not exists if there is no internet. No one will recognize it and spread to the whole world without internet. We can’t find information about bitcoin without internet and also bitcoin will die without internet. 

BitcoinMaster555

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:43:36 PM

"Not only that but bitcoin could end up being even bigger than the internet
in terms of how much this new technology disrupts just about everything
we do.The internet disrupted many things and Tim Draper says that bitcoin
and the underlying blockchain technology could go even beyond that."
victorski

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:21:20 PM

And the funny thing about that statement the fact that people are resisting and rejecting Bitcoin in the same manner that they have rejected and resisted the internet dominion in the past, but bitcoin will be the winner just the same as Internet is.
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:26:23 PM

I think we can’t say that it was equal because that was two different things even though bitcoin was depending on internet. Bitcoin was nothing and will not exists if there is no internet. No one will recognize it and spread to the whole world without internet. We can’t find information about bitcoin without internet and also bitcoin will die without internet. 

Yes, I also think that these are different things. Because bitcoin depends on the Internet, but the Internet does not depend on bitcoin... Undecided
Goodday

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:58:02 PM

Blockchain is the basis of bitcoin digital currency, so if I think with it, the internet allows one to make contact or indirect relationships with other cyberspace communities. Bitcoin is a digital currency that is almost entirely used through the internet.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:01:51 PM

I think Bitcoin is not the Internet, I think Bitcoin is part of the Internet which is a merger between the public trust about bitcoin is money and the internet itself is intangible, but it can be used

A youtube video which gets 100,000 views earns $200
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:02:19 AM

internet and bitcoin are different. maybe we can take an illustration like this. the internet is like a home for every people, and bitcoin is just one person that lives on the internet. without internet, bitcoin and the other online things are not available on the internet and even they do not exist. bitcoin is part of the internet and bitcoin is small pieces on the internet, there are many others like bitcoin that we still don't know and I am sure that in the future, there are many new things that will invent on the internet.
noneedmoney

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:20:35 AM

INTERNET = Bitcoin, that's right.
because bitcoin without the internet will not be able to be accessed and used.
many countries that say they want to ban bitcoin and break sites that enter bitcoin will never be able to. because if you only block sites that enter bitcoin, there will be other sites that can be used to enter and access bitcoin. if a country breaks the network in the entire country itself there probably will no longer be able to use bitcoin. so the conclusion as long as the internet is still there bitcoin will still be there.
xena2

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:43:15 AM

Facebook shares price fell -24% and $180 billion got wiped out of facebook market value. Bitcoin market capitalization is some $180 billion. Bitcoin is not that big.
when scammed? I hope i never get scammed since i have no idea.  maybe i'll just cry.  Cry to the extent that my tears and eyes reach drought

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: