Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: INTERNET = BITCOIN?  (Read 2840 times)
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:35:39 PM

why i made a title like that because basically the internet has the same properties with bitcoin ie:
1. Equally made by humans if bitcoin was made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, while the Internet was created from a computer network established by the US Department of Defense in 1969.
2. The first equation between Bitcoin and the Internet is that Bitcoin is an efficient, decentralized and moving infrastructure based on protocols open to the public.

and for the difference include:
Bitcoin does not transfer data packets in a dynamic network and circuitry like the one on the internet, but builds trust among users to run its systems efficiently and decentralized.
Although you can argue that the ledger, Bitcoin is "central", it is actually created through decentralized mechanical consensus.
how do you think it all?

I am agree to your statement that internet = bitcoin because no one can work here in bitcoin if their country does not have internet. I do not know how they say that bitcoin is not internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nayborksta

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:56:03 PM

I would not put an equalizer between Bitcoin and Internet. Bitcoin is a currency and Internet is a world wide ledger of information about the world.
RenzCoballes

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:58:44 PM

I think this two had altogether different employments. So they are not like me. Indeed, even bitcoin won't exist if there is no web so we can state it is a piece of the web
Giardina

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:03:41 PM

Bitcoin as a means of payment has not yet become commonplace, it will happen a little later.Cryptocurrency will not replace conventional money, it is completely different, they will exist in parallel.

soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:07:19 PM

I do think that bitcoin is depending on internet, but I also think that another 2018 it is almost impossible to turn off the internet or to make something in order to stop it, it is already unstoppable.
achichy

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:17:03 AM

The internet has changed the way people live and do business, and is arguably one of the biggest advancements in human history. What many people don’t realise is that the internet we know today might never have happened at all because there were a number of ‘rival’ ‘internets’ being built at that time. These were specific companies that wanted to connect all the computers in the world and share information, but do it on their own system, so that people had to pay to access their own ‘information superhighway’.

in this sense the internet and Bitcoin is similar and are interrelated. Bitcoin can not properly run without the internet, For one, it’s not owned by anyone, so anyone can use it as they please - no gatekeepers. This is often referred to as ‘decentralised’. It also allows for permissionless innovation, and this is the reason why so many people are building companies and applications on top of it and it is growing so fast. Lastly, Bitcoin is also interoperable, Like email or the internet, my Bitcoin and your Bitcoin work on the same system, one big global transaction ledger and, in some sense, the world’s first truly global currency.
Cyangaramonde

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:23:41 AM

The nature of bitcoin is like the Internet. Bitcoin transactions will not be exposed. They can not be controlled by banks and world governments. Bitcoin cannot be destroyed. If governments want to destroy bitcoins, they need to destroy the internet first.
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:32:34 AM

The internet is the most powerful access in this digital cryptocurrency activities and transactions , without this internet how can people be connected to the bitcoin , so in this business and investment in cryptocurrency ,internet plays a vital role in fullfilling the success.
petermike

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:56:30 AM

The problem is not just storage capacity, but also processor capacity : Only supercomputers can be fast enough to confirm that Bitcoin transactions are over. Huge masses can "break" and make the entire Internet network paralyzed. Bitcoin is "breaking the internet" very impressive. Should Internet not be equal to Bitcoin.
MarkPhillips64

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:02:05 AM

Many still make comparisons between Bitcoin and the Internet. However, Bitcoin should not be compared in the same way. There are no signs of recovery, which is more worrying. The digital age is growing. Hope Bitcoin will regain stability.
astrong

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

Aku belum mandi Taktuntuang Taktuntuang

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:05:16 AM

I think Bitcoin is not the Internet, I think Bitcoin is part of the Internet which is a merger between the public trust about bitcoin is money and the internet itself is intangible, but it can be used
Bitcoin is not internet, YES of course, but bitcoin life is depends with internet. Without internet, bitcoin is only sillhoutte. Internet without bitcoin is okay, but internet without the communit, payments, and ecosistem is nothing. SO in the future, we will need cryptocurrency to make the internet more valuable.

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:47:43 PM

Bitcoin is very much connected to the Internet, but I think it's better to compare the Internet and blockchain. Blockhain has really great potential.
StrongImagine301

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:37:50 PM

No, I don't agree with you because internet is the way to run and bitcoin has much more feature then internet just like we can invest in bitcoin but not in internet.
luungocthuyhv

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:01:35 PM

One thing is sure that BTC has a long history, a coin was born from blockchain and best security available today. Many systems are hacker visited but stays BTC and development. I believe that BTC will become increasingly valuable and extremely expensive in the future
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:06:45 PM

Dude! The internet is way bigger than the bitcoin..... The internet for now does not need the bitcoin to live, survive or be relevant. That cannot be said of the bitcoin relative to the bitcoin. the internet has so much force that were it to shut down, life could be thrown back to premedieval times as the world could become chaotic and brought to halt..... Ever thought of how many governments and peoples rely on this vehicle for survival? Your guess is as good as mine

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:43:15 AM

why i made a title like that because basically the internet has the same properties with bitcoin ie:
1. Equally made by humans if bitcoin was made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, while the Internet was created from a computer network established by the US Department of Defense in 1969.
2. The first equation between Bitcoin and the Internet is that Bitcoin is an efficient, decentralized and moving infrastructure based on protocols open to the public.

Bitcoin does not transfer data packets in a dynamic network and circuitry like the one on the internet, but builds trust among users to run its systems efficiently and decentralized.
Although you can argue that the ledger, Bitcoin is "central", it is actually created through decentralized mechanical consensus.
how do you think it all?

Internet is multiple purpose and useful to all things in things in this world start from transportation, communication business and some other applicable related to internet like automatic machine operated by internet all those I've mention are Internet responsibility so all of them are ly provided in every processed. while bitcoin is directly for virtual finance using tangible currency of course override by internet.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:03:41 PM

This is the similarities and work of INTERNET and BTC for me. First, it is both decentralized. Meaning, the data and transaction that are happening in BTC is also happening in the Internet. Second, it is wide range of power and value. BTC was is in the Blockchain also internet has its also a wide range of viewers as it contains all the knowledge in the world. And lastly, it is payments and other kind of selling and trading was happening on this.
mithon2017

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:27:22 PM

I can't compare Bitcoin = internet. you can not thinking Bitcoin without internet. internet is lot of advantages. you can using it lot of ways. you can't using Bitcoin transaction  without internet. so you can say,  internet is big sky, and Bitcoin is just star.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:09:42 PM

It's true that Bitcoin does not send any data packet but there is a difference Bitcoin is just another system running on top of the internet and it is not the internet. For example, a shark is one of the organisms in the sea but the charge is not the sea. Bitcoin is not the duplicate of the internet they have introduced a new blockchain technology which clearly shows how the system works. Maybe they are inspired by the internet but this concept was new they have improved it in a large quantity.
Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:43:38 AM

how do you think it all?

Bitcoin need internet to running the network indeed, but i think it doesn't mean internet = bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a currency, which is need internet to operates, unlike paper money. That is my understanding about bitcoin and internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: