Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:00:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Man, A Dream and a 4MW Facility. My journey setting this badboy up  (Read 24231 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:55:42 PM

Why even mine?  Because I'm a miner.  Please check what site you are on.

One of us, one of us, one of us.... (You might be the leader of Us!)

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:07:47 PM

Well most of us mine to make $$ , you always have millions obviously  but ok I guess, congrats
dagarair (OP)

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 09:37:22 PM

Well most of us mine to make $$ , you always have millions obviously  but ok I guess, congrats

Yeah I mine to lose money.  Be real man.  I'm not sure why you are trying to shit on me but congrats, your epenis is larger.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:03:58 PM

love the set up man! I am still trying to get mine up and running - so far, only have the land - dont have liquid funds to build it so trying for a loan - that is harder than I thought especially since the electric company wants me to secure the loan first and the bank wants me to secure the power first but I have not given up yet! lol

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
evenotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 11:54:19 AM

love the set up man! I am still trying to get mine up and running - so far, only have the land - dont have liquid funds to build it so trying for a loan - that is harder than I thought especially since the electric company wants me to secure the loan first and the bank wants me to secure the power first but I have not given up yet! lol
I wish you success in your affairs. I think you have already weighed all the pros and cons of taking money in a bank loan for mining - after all, this is a really risky undertaking, since after creation of a mining farm it will only become cheaper

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
dagarair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 01:13:18 PM

Thanks bud I appreciate it.

Just a bit of free advice:
If you can't afford to do it without loans, don't do it.  That is the only reason I did not go under like most everyone did in 2018.  I own everything in my place as well as my building.  I have lines of credit but I don't use them. 

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 01:43:54 PM

If you can't afford to do it without loans, don't do it.  That is the only reason I did not go under like most everyone did in 2018.  I own everything in my place as well as my building.  I have lines of credit but I don't use them. 

a loan is the only way I am going to be able to do it lol I aint got millions sitting around. I own the land outright - but need the loan to build.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
dagarair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 03:53:12 PM

If you can't afford to do it without loans, don't do it.  That is the only reason I did not go under like most everyone did in 2018.  I own everything in my place as well as my building.  I have lines of credit but I don't use them.  

a loan is the only way I am going to be able to do it lol I aint got millions sitting around. I own the land outright - but need the loan to build.

risky deal if we have another downturn like 2018 you will be hurtin.  Collectors don't care they just want their cash.  So maybe scale up or something?  Just be careful bro because I don't have to tell you, crypto is crazy!  Tongue

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 04:16:04 PM

If you can't afford to do it without loans, don't do it.  That is the only reason I did not go under like most everyone did in 2018.  I own everything in my place as well as my building.  I have lines of credit but I don't use them.  

risky deal if we have another downturn like 2018 you will be hurtin.  Collectors don't care they just want their cash.  So maybe scale up or something?  Just be careful bro because I don't have to tell you, crypto is crazy!  Tongue

my purpose is not to just have it for mining but to also double it as a data center - and you are right, it is crazy but I am not planning of leaving it Smiley

Mine BTC @ kano.is
mojoxc

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 07:01:16 PM

risky deal if we have another downturn like 2018 you will be hurtin.  Collectors don't care they just want their cash.  So maybe scale up or something?  Just be careful bro because I don't have to tell you, crypto is crazy!  Tongue
[/quote]

my purpose is not to just have it for mining but to also double it as a data center - and you are right, it is crazy but I am not planning of leaving it Smiley
[/quote]

Be careful with the plan on having it double as a data center a most of what data centers required is significantly more than what a mining center needs driving cost up dramatically and can extend the time to ROI.  Also, a lot of data centers struggle to fill rack space and as the number of cores per processor increase this decreases the amount of data center space each customer needs.
dagarair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 10:43:16 AM

I doubt he meant data center as that is 5x + the cost of a mining center.  My mining center is fully filtered etc, but it's still a mining center.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 10:57:41 AM

I doubt he meant data center as that is 5x + the cost of a mining center.  My mining center is fully filtered etc, but it's still a mining center.

no, I meant data center. There is a large need for them here. and many data centers here are also doubling by renting out space for miners as well.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
dagarair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 12:32:38 PM

no, I meant data center. There is a large need for them here. and many data centers here are also doubling by renting out space for miners as well.

be careful i know of a bunch of T3 1/4 filled data centers.  you might want to actually look for a failing one and buy it because you will not be able to build it as cheap.  The big guys are running around snapping up for 15 million a 40 million $ to build data center.

Either way man I wish you luck though! 

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 02:11:52 PM

be careful i know of a bunch of T3 1/4 filled data centers.  you might want to actually look for a failing one and buy it because you will not be able to build it as cheap.  The big guys are running around snapping up for 15 million a 40 million $ to build data center.

I have considered buying one as well and almost did buy one in Tampa but decided I rather build one on the property I already own and if I do build, it is not going to be a very large one, I would be happy with a 3k to 3.5k sqft facility.

and thank you.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
mojoxc

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 02:27:37 PM

The reason they are renting out space to miners in those fancy data centers is because they can't fill the with normal business style servers.

I wish you luck with the mining.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 03:19:48 PM

The reason they are renting out space to miners in those fancy data centers is because they can't fill the with normal business style servers.

I wish you luck with the mining.

I understand that as well - I plan to use for my miners and hosting of miners and then if space allows - then rent space as a data center.  My intent is to do both but also not to be so large that it will be difficult to fill it.

anyways - my original comment here in this topic was to say that I like what the OP has done and it is my goal to do something similar but smaller scale.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
dagarair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 03:38:05 PM

I have considered buying one as well and almost did buy one in Tampa but decided I rather build one on the property I already own and if I do build, it is not going to be a very large one, I would be happy with a 3k to 3.5k sqft facility.

and thank you.

Yeah I agree honestly as i am the same way as you I think.  Hands in 18 cookie jars type dude.  It will be cheaper to buy elsewhere but I get why you want to do it yourself.  Hell I am married with 3 kids and my place is a 2 hour plane ride from the family.  Good and bad i guess hehe.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 05:21:57 PM

Yeah I agree honestly as i am the same way as you I think.  Hands in 18 cookie jars type dude.  It will be cheaper to buy elsewhere but I get why you want to do it yourself.  Hell I am married with 3 kids and my place is a 2 hour plane ride from the family.  Good and bad i guess hehe.

yeah lol the advantage to mine is that the property is actually adjacent to the acreage I live on. The property is zoned so as to allow me to do residential or commercial. I have a few children as well ( 8 ), though our youngest is 21 but we also have 10 grandchildren.

I just wish I had never stopped mining back in 2011 or so... I cannot imagine what I would have had in BTC by now lol

Mine BTC @ kano.is
mochaaa

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 08:16:51 AM

@dagarair What material are you using for the hot side containment?
dagarair (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 12:26:02 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 10:30:32 PM by mprep

Metal roof material

New permanent filters installed!  They rock!

Here is the Intake Size 8ft x 8ft

All 4 In place!

Close Up of One Door

Really Cool part, they can be individually removed to clean then clip back!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: