Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin Now officially most secure p2p currency  (Read 9363 times)
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:27:38 PM

So then its settled, no point releasing the source if it would mean nothing right?

Cool.

That doesn't make sense. If CH releases ALL the code, and we can compile it, and it runs as expected on his network, then we would at least be capable of checking it for nasties.

Releasing small bits of code that may or may not be the code from the client doesn't prove a thing.

You do know regardless of source being out, 90+% of people will be running someones binaries. So even if you compile the source, if you can't trust me and others to not be nefarious the network will do whatever those binaries want. Just like with Bitcoin. It's quite a bs excuse , and you'll invent anything to fit your worldview of "SC = BAD". Source would be out and you'd cry about something else you don't like, the CPF, etc. Get the chip off your shoulder.

The only reason so many seriously have this problem with SolidCoin is because they are afraid of what it represents to Bitcoin. Think about it, if SC really was a stinking pile of crap like many here say it is, why would they waste 500 pages filling it with their anti SC propaganda? If I was a bad developer why would people create thread after thread discussing me. If the product was crap it would die out.

Yet here we stand, 3 months later, with a growing network, the most features of any cryptocurrency, multiwallet, mining in the client, minipooling, 51% protected, low block variance, list goes on.

These are all features EVERY SolidCoin user knows is in the client because they're using it right now. Fear is a funny thing isn't it.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:29:04 PM

you can't trust me and others to not be nefarious the network will do whatever those binaries want.

Finally, some honesty!

list goes on.

To include closed source, 13m+ premined, gateway nodes, getting kicked off of CryptoX, etc.  Quite a list indeed!

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Ten98

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:39:42 PM

you can't trust me and others to not be nefarious the network will do whatever those binaries want.

Finally, some honesty!

Deliberately quoting out of context is the last refuge of someone who has no valid point to make.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:45:38 PM

So then its settled, no point releasing the source if it would mean nothing right?

Cool.

Are you brain damaged?  Releasing the entire source code would allow someone to COMPILE that source code and be 100% sure what is running on their computer = source code.

Releasing a snipet of code and saying "trust me this is what is running on your computer" = worthless.

Duh, or should I use some babytalk-slang.

I was refering to your blatent attitude with an initial code snippet, of course rest of code will follow.

If you couldnt grasp that from my comment then please change your diaper.

and... Johnj :

Finally, some honesty!

list goes on.

To include closed source, 13m+ premined, gateway nodes, getting kicked off of CryptoX, etc.  Quite a list indeed!

I felt like responding to some of your posts alot earlier but thought you would grow some testicles by now however it seems you are still in front of the line bending for bitcoinexpress.

Every single thread involving solidcoins or bitcoinexpress you are in front insta-replying to every single post with your pre-generated troll arguments.

If you are older than 20 I would be amazed unless you are typing from some prison bitch bench.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:47:25 PM

Finally, some honesty!

Deliberately quoting out of context is the last refuge of someone who has no valid point to make.
CoinHunter's point being that we should trust him that that little snippet of code is included in the SolidCoin source and binaries, even though he can work around the limitations it provides?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:52:45 PM

You do know regardless of source being out, 90+% of people will be running someones binaries. So even if you compile the source, if you can't trust me and others to not be nefarious the network will do whatever those binaries want. Just like with Bitcoin.

I find it sad that you need  to act stupid to obfuscate.

You know the strength of open source.  Sure despite client being open source some people COULD run tojaned, hacked, etc binaries.  Open Source isn't a magic bullet however you are just creating a strawman for you to defeat.

With open source people CAN create secure binaries.  People CAN also smartly download from people they trust.  Maybe they don't trust you but they trust X and if he compiled it from open source then they have confidence in the binary they download.  

Lastly despite 99% of people not looking at the source EVERYONE still benefits.  Take firefox for example. Maybe less than 1 in 10,000 users has looked at the source however that still means thousands (tens of thousands more likely) developers that did look at the source finding bugs, exploits, issues, etc.  Thousands of people improving performance, security, adding features, etc.

So ANY user of firefox benefits from this even if they personally never look at the source.  No matter how good of a developer you think you are you made mistakes, assumptions, and have undiscovered exploits, flaws, and bugs.  This isn't a slam on you it is a universal truth about all software developers.  More people looking at the code improves security and performance.

Of course you already knew ALL of this which is why it is so pathetic that you have reach the point you need to pretend to be stupid to create misleading and false statements.

This isn't new for you though is it?
http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php
The implied message is that fraud like mybitcoin, and attacks like on Mt Gox exchanges are a problem w/ bitcoin.  If Solidcoin was as popular as bitcoin it would be attacked also and there is nothing in solid coin which would have prevented a "mysolidcoin.com" fraud or Mt. Gox attack.

Your continual use of misleading statements says a lot about your character.   In most networks this would still be a non-issue as your trust would be irrelivent however solid coin only works with implicit trust of the glorious leader (you) and when that person has problems telling the WHOLE truth well that isn't a good sign.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 06:01:57 PM

You do know regardless of source being out, 90+% of people will be running someones binaries. So even if you compile the source, if you can't trust me and others to not be nefarious the network will do whatever those binaries want. Just like with Bitcoin.

I find it sad that you need  to act stupid to obfuscate.

You know the strength of open source.  Sure despite client being open source some people COULD run tojaned, hacked, etc binaries.  Open Source isn't a magic bullet however you are just creating a strawman for you to defeat.

With open source people CAN create secure binaries.  People CAN also smartly download from people they trust.  Maybe they don't trust you but they trust X and if he compiled it from open source then they have confidence in the binary they download.  

Lastly despite 99% of people not looking at the source EVERYONE still benefits.  Take firefox for example. Maybe less than 1 in 10,000 users has looked at the source however that still means thousands (tens of thousands more likely) developers that did look at the source finding bugs, exploits, issues, etc.  Thousands of people improving performance, security, adding features, etc.

So ANY user of firefox benefits from this even if they personally never look at the source.  No matter how good of a developer you think you are you made mistakes, assumptions, and have undiscovered exploits, flaws, and bugs.  This isn't a slam on you it is a universal truth about all software developers.  More people looking at the code improves security and performance.

Of course you already knew ALL of this which is why it is so pathetic that you have reach the point you need to pretend to be stupid to create misleading and false statements.

This isn't new for you though is it?
http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php
The implied message is that fraud like mybitcoin, and attacks like on Mt Gox exchanges are a problem w/ bitcoin.  If Solidcoin was as popular as bitcoin it would be attacked also and there is nothing in solid coin which would have prevented a "mysolidcoin.com" fraud or Mt. Gox attack.

Your continual use of misleading statements says a lot about your character.   In most networks this would still be a non-issue as your trust would be irrelivent however solid coin only works with implicit trust of the glorious leader (you) and when that person has problems telling the WHOLE truth well that isn't a good sign.

Please point to the mass volume of people who doesnt trust realsolid? Or do you refer to the handfull of trolls continuously spamming solidcoin threads on this forum?

There is a very good reason that the solidcoin network have so many nodes since day one and still growing, none of those users self-compiled their clients thus there are ALOT more people trusting realsolid than not.

I guess you fall in the camp of broken statistics.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 06:36:09 PM

You do know regardless of source being out, 90+% of people will be running someones binaries. So even if you compile the source, if you can't trust me and others to not be nefarious the network will do whatever those binaries want. Just like with Bitcoin. It's quite a bs excuse , and you'll invent anything to fit your worldview of "SC = BAD". Source would be out and you'd cry about something else you don't like, the CPF, etc. Get the chip off your shoulder.

The only reason so many seriously have this problem with SolidCoin is because they are afraid of what it represents to Bitcoin. Think about it, if SC really was a stinking pile of crap like many here say it is, why would they waste 500 pages filling it with their anti SC propaganda? If I was a bad developer why would people create thread after thread discussing me. If the product was crap it would die out.

Yet here we stand, 3 months later, with a growing network, the most features of any cryptocurrency, multiwallet, mining in the client, minipooling, 51% protected, low block variance, list goes on.

These are all features EVERY SolidCoin user knows is in the client because they're using it right now. Fear is a funny thing isn't it.

I think you got the dose wrong on your meds because that makes no sense whatsoever. We can't trust code that we can't check, it's as simple as that. It's not like you have a brand name to lose or a company to sue when it all goes wrong.

Your stubborn insistence that SolidCoin isn't a scam is only drawing attention to the fact that it is. You troll this forum with lies and 3 or 4 people disprove every tiny little point you make. You would do less harm to SolidCoin if you just admitted it's a scam (badly)designed to make you rich and let us get on with laughing at the next lolcust currency. You do know that people will google SolidCoin and end up here don't you? I don't see you getting many users into your scam when a google search tells people to stay away.
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 06:38:15 PM

3) The point of trust was the entire point I was making.  Solid Coin requires complete trust in the inglorious bastard.  If he does nothing wrong, never does in the future and made no coding errors you are fine.  On the other hand if he decides to screw you over you lose.  No crypto-currency which relies on implicit trust will last. 

FTFY
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 09:20:41 PM

Please point to the mass volume of people who doesnt trust realsolid? Or do you refer to the handfull of trolls continuously spamming solidcoin threads on this forum?

There is a very good reason that the solidcoin network have so many nodes since day one and still growing, none of those users self-compiled their clients thus there are ALOT more people trusting realsolid than not.

I guess you fall in the camp of broken statistics.

Way to miss the point.
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 12:35:57 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2011, 03:10:31 AM by freequant

So even if you compile the source, if you can't trust me and others to not be nefarious the network will do whatever those binaries want.
You mean that once we get to read your source code, we won't trust you anymore not to be nefarious?

The only reason so many seriously have this problem with SolidCoin is because they are afraid of what it represents to Bitcoin.
Correct. SolidCoin represents a shame for Bitcoin, and a reputational risk we are all afraid about.
We don't want to get the fallout when it goes bust.

Think about it, if SC really was a stinking pile of crap like many here say it is, why would they waste 500 pages filling it with their anti SC propaganda?
Perhaps because most of these 500 pages belong to threads full of deceiptful advertising started by SC trolls on bitcointalk forum.
Your logic works the other way round : if SC really was a shiny pile of goodness like SC fanboys say it is, why would they need to waste 500 pages filling the forum with their pro SC progaganda?
If you don't want bad advertisement, stop spamming this forum to try to gain traction, and do your own business on your side with your own customer base.

If I was a bad developer why would people create thread after thread discussing me.
Seriously, you need to see a doctor.

If the product was crap it would die out.
But it is dying out...

Yet here we stand, 3 months later, with a growing network
A growing network in terms of what? Number of coins generated?
Because your hashrate is melting, so I assume you must not be referring to that, are you?

the most features of any cryptocurrency, multiwallet, mining in the client, minipooling, 51% protected, low block variance, list goes on.
Whatever.
Solidcoin is not a distributed cryptocurrency, and it has nothing to do on this forum.
If we are to accept that any application developer comes and advertise here just because he has a feature-rich graphical app, we are going to be talking about Angry Birds in no time.

These are all features EVERY SolidCoin user knows is in the client because they're using it right now.
Good for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: