Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducats - Money without banks  (Read 13004 times)
DucatsPayments (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:11:15 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 02:25:38 PM by DucatsPayments

Introduction to Ducats

Ducats Payments is the future of online money at your fingertips. Only a wallet and internet connection is required to send and receive money. Ducats is a decentralised currency without the need for banks.

Read more at DucPay.com.

Social Media

Follow us on social media to stay up to date on the latest news.

Facebook
Twitter
Google+

Specifications

Cryptography: secure mixed hashing
Mining: CPU
Premine: No
Block generation: 3 minutes
Block reward: dynamic, 1000 coin per block maximum
Block confirmations: 40
Difficulty: re-targets every 15 minutes
Maximum available coins: 50,000,000

Downloads

Windows - Ducats Windows wallet
Mac OSX - Ducats Mac OSX wallet
Linux - Ducats Linux wallet
Source Code - GitHub repository containing Ducats source code

Ducats Mining Pools

randomm - http://pooled.cc/ - 0% for first miners
0btc - http://0x0a.nl:35858/static/ - 0.9% fee
isaevski - http://zcoins.org:9892/static/ - 1% fee
MrDucats - http://pool.ducpay.com:26858/ - 2.5% fee - official pool

Joining a pool is a great way to receive a constant stream of Ducats into your wallet.

Ducats Block Explorer

MrDucats - http://blockexplorer.ducpay.com:27858/

Exchanges

AllCrypt - Available

Cryptsy - Please vote for Ducats once
Poloniex - Please vote for Ducats once
LazyCoins - Coming soon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:16:56 PM

why new topic?
4K-kun

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:40:58 PM

Where is new logo?
Shadow_Runner drew a great version of the logo, imho.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DucatsPayments (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

I would like to ask everyone to also register at ducpay.com. This is a Bitcoin forum and there are many different Ducats communities at the moment. Hopefully we can unite them all at a single place.

About the logo, I have saved it but would like a few more suggestions before making a final choice.
4K-kun

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:07:03 PM

I would like to ask everyone to also register at ducpay.com. This is a Bitcoin forum and there are many different Ducats communities at the moment. Hopefully we can unite them all at a single place.

Bitcointalk -- best place, i think.

WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
DucatsPayments (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 07:11:43 PM

Bitcointalk has recently made some moves against altcoins and I would not be surprised if this section will be removed entirely somewhere this year.

Besides that the community on forexfox.nl is much larger and they do not visit bitcointalk. And there are some people interested at cryptocointalk, thisweekscoin and many smaller communities.
4K-kun

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:15:37 PM

You may write alt forum (ducpay.com) in OP-post.
Most people who really can affect the value of the coin, spend time here.

treyan

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:50:10 PM

Bitcointalk has recently made some moves against altcoins and I would not be surprised if this section will be removed entirely somewhere this year.

Besides that the community on forexfox.nl is much larger and they do not visit bitcointalk. And there are some people interested at cryptocointalk, thisweekscoin and many smaller communities.
Until then we should concentrate here. These people are affecting the value the most. Later, if something happens, moving won't be a problem.
grebec92

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:54:53 PM

It's really better to stay here.
DucatsPayments (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 09:40:28 PM

Exchanges visit this forum. Nobody knows about forexfox.nl, except NL people. If we goin' all to other forum = we going to shadow and exchanges will pass us.
What a coin without exchanges? It will die slowly and guarantee.

That is a valid point. To keep ourselves in the spotlight we should probably continue this thread until we hit some exchanges.
DucatsPayments (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 09:58:08 PM

I have just updated the logo in the first post and added LazyCoins.com exchange under coming soon!
DucatsPayments (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:00:46 PM

No nothing was changed. The block reward goes down when the difficulty goes up. Difficulty was around 300 for a long time and recently increased to 1200. You can check this on the block explorer.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:28:54 PM

What sets this apart from any other coin?

hackking

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:44:17 AM

Added TO Latest Altcoin List
已添加到最新山寨币列表
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 05:06:20 AM

About the logo, I have saved it but would like a few more suggestions before making a final choice.

I'll shoehorn this in here, shoulda been a response to Shadow_Runner's post:

What do you think about this simple version?
I'm not sure about more details or elements. IMHO coin must look simple and clear.

A solid start (your posting history is a credit to your dedication and talent).

A skeumorphic approach using a realistic-looking coin is the obvious door #1 for the start of any design investigation ... but as you note:

coin must look simple and clear

To do that I think you must move away from the realism, losing the detail (which would inevitably be indistinct at typical icon sizes) and working more towards a symbol-like approach (at least purely to have an alternative, something to contrast with the skeumorphic approach). I know it's a tough task but the end result could be worth it.

To have the kind of impact that's expected from a logo/icon/symbol (it plays all three roles) the visual appearance should aim to be distinct from the bulk of the 1001 other wannabe altlitebitcoins, be implemented in svg and should be recognisable even when condensed into a favicon.

I don't know about the ru edition but the en.wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducat offers some stimulating background context for feeding the design muse, e.g. "a gold or silver coin used as a **trade coin** in Europe from the later medieval centuries until as late as the 20th century."

It occurs to me that a skeumorphic approach has one inarguable advantage -- it directly renders the item, there's no symbol processing required. This might confer a cross-cultural advantage, free of linguistic concerns.

If you pursue the realistic strand further, there may be some mileage in browsing the designs created by some of the modern mints, e.g. http://www.muenzeoesterreich.at/

blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:16:11 AM

I do not understand the advantage of this coin compare to other altcoin. I thought i have seen this coin before. Is this a relaunch?

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
seba4seba

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 07:54:03 AM

DucatsCoin was added to AltCoinCalendar.infoCheck Coin CountDown                  
Vaxa

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:59:48 AM

We need new slogan!

grebec92

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:00:33 AM

We need new slogan!

Maybe
"Ducats - the reincarnation of a former glory"?

Hmm... I like it.
randomm

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:33:50 AM

Set up the pool for Ducats

https://i.imgur.com/llIGqcT.png

It's multipool, you should sign up and choose DUC for your worker. Then start mining!
Pooled.cc

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: