Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:28:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ETF  (Read 471 times)
leoric251 (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 5

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 03:39:15 AM

For me I don't want bitcoin ETF to be the one that will the declare the BULL RUN.
But I don't disagree with ETF too,  I just don't want it to be the necessary factor why Bitcoin will rally.
I think that we will fine the Game Changer once we find the Cryptos Killer App.
I just don't think it is payments right now.
We have alot of credit cards, bank cards, qr codes and online banking apps that are fast, instant and/or free.

If we are looking for Bitcoins year, I just don't think it's 2018.

How about you? what are your comments?

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GoldOrBTC

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:46:47 AM

I think Bitcoin 2018 could not make a lot of benefits. But in the future it seems to have its potential. Bitcoin could make ETF bull run better. But it is difficult to predict it. The market will rise, this is normal.
maximus222

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:23:39 PM

Etf will reassure people.
There's been too much Fud this year for us to have a long term bull run. Etf might just change people's perception of the whole thing.
Jamesp2k

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:44:12 PM

I think bitcoin ETF and the new kid warming up ICE the owner of New York Stock Exchange will be a game changer.  But I don't see that happening soon, until this happens,  we shall remain in the bear market
Flowerbiuq

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:45:58 PM

I don't think ETF can really bring a bull market for the market. It's probably just a short, good news. The driving force for the rapid development of bitcoin is that we need to constantly improve our community.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:58:54 PM

We could have price rises with no catalyst. Bitcoin just needs more demand even though it looks really difficult to achieve right now. What we need is better adoption. Bitcoin still isn't that easy to use. Sure we could use services like Coinbase for the less tech-savvy people to use, but it would be counter-intuitive. But yea, when talking about price, 2018 probably isn't "the year".

We have alot of credit cards, bank cards, qr codes and online banking apps that are fast, instant and/or free.
Unfortunately not everyone has access to these. Though you could also say that not everyone has access to mobile phones.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:07:08 PM

i completely agree with the first part. i also don't want ETF to be the "bull trigger" and unfortunately people keep on hyping it up but in reality ETF means nothing for bitcoin.

but i disagree with this part. all the things you named are centralized while bitcoin is uniquely decentralized and that puts it apart from all of them. and that is the "killer app" that bitcoin has and has been increasing its price so far.

There is a FOMO brewing...
pacho08

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:26:23 PM

“I think we have an important role to play telling the United States and the world that our capital markets are open to innovation,” said Peirce. “And that’s what sort of drove my dissent last week and what really drove me to come back to the agency as a commissioner.
With the Commission totaling four people at the moment, Peirce said that she was outvoted by her colleagues as the Winklevoss ETF was rejected by a vote of 3 to 1.
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:00:52 PM

For me I don't want bitcoin ETF to be the one that will the declare the BULL RUN.
But I don't disagree with ETF too,  I just don't want it to be the necessary factor why Bitcoin will rally.

Anyway most of the people are thinking that this is exactly that particular thing that we all are anticipating and waiting for, EFT should certainly move bitcoin from that spot, but we are right now stucked on.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:13:35 PM

Totally agree with you. We should be more interested in the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies. People that can about Bitcoin ETF just think that after that they are going to be rich due to the price pump.
cryptogalaxy789

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:29:30 PM

Bitcoin ETF should not be the reason for the fall in price. The people are giving preference to the wrong news. Because of that they are getting all panicky and thus they are taking decisions on the spur of the moment. This needs to be stopped.
bombie1

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 09:38:44 PM

Well ,it is true that bitcoin should have entered bull run without ETFs but unfortunately, everyone is waiting for that decision from SEC to start moving into the market fully again. This could take a lot of time.But in the long run,it will surely happen,bitcoin ETF is on the way.
SparklesCoin

Activity: 317

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:00:37 PM

ETF is important, at the same time it is not essential either. But this should not be the reason for the bull run at any cost, unfortunately it is being the reason behind it. The people needs to see the bigger picture before things get way out of control.
steve_rogers321

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:32:49 AM

Word of mouth will always have influence in a market, I couldn't agree more, but sometimes, good and bad news should not be put into so much consideration. I agree with you, that these news or approval of ETF should not have such power over the price in market, rather the choice of options for comparability to alternate coins should be. Bitcoin is a legendary innovation to digital currency.
highflyer235

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:29:58 AM

Bitcoin ETF will open doors for big investors to invest in bitcoin in secure way.  This will increase huge demand and better adoption in mainstream. There are other products similar to ETF which are also in wait and watch state. So if SEC approves BTC ETF in September then that will be very turning point in crypto space. Even these products can be introduced in  Europe, Canada and Asian markets. So hope for best.
kebo354

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:33:19 AM

if bitcoin ETF is approved. will make bitcoin prices rise.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:26:28 AM

Bitcoin ETF will open doors for big investors to invest in bitcoin in secure way.  This will increase huge demand and better adoption in mainstream. There are other products similar to ETF which are also in wait and watch state. So if SEC approves BTC ETF in September then that will be very turning point in crypto space. Even these products can be introduced in  Europe, Canada and Asian markets. So hope for best.

as a matter of fact when you are investing in ETF it is less secure than when you are investing in bitcoin directly. because when you invest in ETF you don't buy bitcoin, you buy ETF which is basically a promise that the centralized company gives you that is equivalent of bitcoin amount. so you have to trust them. but when you buy bitcoin you buy bitcoin, you hold bitcoin and you secure it in your own wallet with the private keys that are unbreakable so no one can take them away from you and you don't need any third parties for storing and using those coins.
this also means the funds aren't coming in bitcoin, the funds are going in ETF which won't affect bitcoin price directly. the hype may get to the market and increase the price for a little while but that won't last.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
bittraffic

Activity: 2926
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:40:34 AM

The price will eventually rise, it did have a bullrun last year for whatever the reason is. But we are talking fast adoption when ETF is approved which means crypto will be accepted by governments and banks. Things are going to be changed in a way and not the current stage where only few of us are in crypto. How much percentage of the population around the world are into crypto, its probably less than 5% as of now. But with ETF, it can entirely be different.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

DMXToken

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:13:51 AM

One of Bitcoin's major strengths is that it is open access. Its inevitable that banks, financial firms, etc. will get involved.
You can't stop people you don't agree with from using Bitcoin however they choose; if you could, it wouldn't be Bitcoin. I don't like the magical derivatives tracking some index price thingy not actually Bitcoin ETF mumbo jumbo, either...
But Bitcoin will survive this, and continue being Bitcoin. It will continue being the most secure, open access, decentralized, neutral, censorship resistant network in existence.
CharlesCorley

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:28:23 AM

Yes, i also think that Bitcoin ETF can not make a huge changes in the market but it is sure that it must do some thing and starts something within this year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: