Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is blockchain the answer for poverty-stricken countries?  (Read 1136 times)
blackmagic111

Activity: 218
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:01:39 PM

Not only to poverty stricken countries, it could be the answer for the countries where there are high levels or inflation and the standard of living are high. This will create jobs and will contribute towards the economy. Hopefully, crypto will be the answer for a better future.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Btcalimie

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:08:07 PM

I think blockchain can really help end or reduced poverty in some countries. Knowing how competitive the global market today many countries will most probably left behind. I think the blockchain could be the answer to help stabelise the economic problem of some countries.
cryptoblazter

Activity: 421
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:11:05 PM

Blockchain technology itself is not the answer, the type of project that are helpful to the community whether it is blockchain or not is the answer to poverty.

For blockchain to help poverty stricken countries, projects should be community based up to the level of the poor. Simple example is cwordfunding for small time businesses.

Ni-in

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:12:56 PM

Just seen a docu about bringing a basic income to poverty struck areas.  They used a system where people get a code on a cellphone, which they can then cash in at a local store who's also part of the project.  Very simple system.

Blockchain will help ofcourse, with the many projects aiming to help people and the technology, getting logistics of ground, keeping data, connecting people to a bigger economy, no need for people to have a bankaccount, were banks are usually unavailable.  
But people won't have acces to a pc most of the time, that's a problem to start with, but the more help people can get the better.
chienchien

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:36:36 PM

Blockchain can't help solve poverty in third world countries. They are in poverty because of disrespect of law, and their education is probably terrible. First what they need to solve is to fix law, and to force people to respect it. After that to work with education. And only after that there won't be wars, drug and weapon trafficing etc.Blockchain will us, with the many projects aiming to help people and the technology, getting logistics of ground, keeping data, connecting people to a bigger economy, no need for people to have a bankaccount, were banks are usually unavailable. 
husanlarisa

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:47:16 PM

I have been seeing lots of community initiatives recently using blockchain; Bancor is doing a lot of work in Kenya and I know Akon is planning his own coin to help to communities out of poverty. Personally I think this is one of the best real-world use cases for blockchain, and one that we should see more of.

https://twitter.com/DavGit/status/1024656690308894720

More yes than no.
But to establish it's coin a stable demand, the country needs to do its best to keep coins attractive and thus attracting more investment in country.
bitfocus741

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:32:10 PM

The sole motive of true businessmans coming to light, being the only objective of earning and making profit, rather than a good cause for the society. CSR activities are very minimal, and even now in blockchain technology the idea has shifted to profit only. Only some like, Bancor or BNT, who have a purpose to minimize poverty of Africa, a good and social development initiative taken.
learningcrypto5421

Activity: 306

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:00:59 AM

People are more interested in making profit out of blockchain technology than actually trying to solve problems around us. However, Bancor looks like a really good initiative who will be working on solving African countries' economical problems. Cryptos and blockchain technology can be utilized to fight poverty, corruption and lack of education among these countries if the governments support them.
chienchien

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:54:41 AM

Cryptos and blockchain technology can be utilized to fight poverty. Blockchain will us, with the many projects aiming to help people and the technology,corruption and lack of education among these countries if the governments support them.
linkHA

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:07:39 AM

I think a strong country needs to develop the blockchain.
A smaller country, like Switzerland and Malta, can become a technology power through blockchain.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:19:21 AM

I hope that this would be the case that poor countries will benefit from this blockchain technology. I do hope also that they would not use the people of these poor countries for their own interest, that they will just enrich their deep pockets.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:33:27 AM

I think that modern technologies, including blockchain, can be effective tools for charity projects and other social projects. I think that the main goal of scientific achievements is to create a public good.
southcat

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:35:19 AM

Yes, blockchain can bring wealth to poor areas. People can get cryptocurrencies by mining, and then use or invest in cryptocurrencies, which is a way to get wealth and everyone can do so.
filtyfrank251

Activity: 364

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:40:56 PM

I do not really understand your answer, but I believe that blockchain will expand in more places around the world and help the economy grow more thanks to them some poor people may be involved in cryptography. to redistribute income

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:31:17 PM

Recently, Zimbabwe has adopted cryptocurrencies for dealing with their inflations. Venezuela has also moved to their own cryptos to fight economic problems. I think blockchain technology holds unlimited possibilities to solve the problems around us. It is high time we should focus on helping the poverty stricken countries by the help of blockchain technology. Really, good initiative taken by Bancor. Others should follow them too.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:38:34 PM

I hope that it will be blockchain that will help poor countries to become richer at the expense of their transparency, because this is what the poor countries need, because they need to know their thieves in person. I hope that the situation will change poverty in countries.
OffGrid54

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:49:45 PM

Blockchain should be utilized to solve the existing problems in the world before squeezing out money from this. The technology was invented to help people. Hopefully, like Bancor more blockchain based ICOs will start working to eradicate poverty, lack of education, food and shelter for the third world poor countries.
santaluis88

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:52:09 PM

right. The high inflation rate has crippled many economies. This proved that blockchain technology is highly practical in life. Many countries have adopted and are using them
vasilisc555

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:21:53 PM

Yes indeed it can greatly contribute to the financial independence of people in poor countries. I hope this will happen in the near future. More and more countries are taking crypto.
NavigateSamurai055

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:28:50 PM

Blockchain is a revolution for the modern world. It has changed many things and i think it can be a solution for poverty because of its features.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: