Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DigitalCoinFarm - Get shares to build your own cloud scrypt asic miner today  (Read 19170 times)
Jugglex

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:25:55 PM

Coinfarm, There is a reinvestment plan?
We are still waiting your comments.

The whole initial funds is not fully spent.
Gray is still looking for opportunities.

I put this here because it is relevant :

On 19/5/2014 at 11:53 AM, "Gray Ho" <grayen@digital-coin-farm.com> wrote:
We still have 158000rmb , around 25300 usd right now.

No miner can be profit right now,  but I guess soon,  but I dont think it will be scrypt asic miner.  

Lot china asic miner is releasing,  All btc miner price will be crash soon. Because they cant sell their product to market because price is too high.  Other reason is china government's attitude.

Gray

Thanks, there is a sell off like if Coinfarm will run away soon... Or I am paranoid with many frauds in CS
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

I think some of the funds need to be invested into something soon or everyone is going to sell off. Once the dividends go below 1000 I have a bad feeling people are going to get nervous.
floatyfish

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:27:05 PM

I think some of the funds need to be invested into something soon or everyone is going to sell off. Once the dividends go below 1000 I have a bad feeling people are going to get nervous.

Good news for you then, I got an email from Grey today. Here's what it says about reinvesting:

Yes, we will get more miner after next week,  I'm waiting they adjust price,  current price is too high.  We will get 5-15t next few weeks.

Gray

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:15:14 AM

Sounds like a good plan.

Good news for you then, I got an email from Grey today. Here's what it says about reinvesting:

Yes, we will get more miner after next week,  I'm waiting they adjust price,  current price is too high.  We will get 5-15t next few weeks.

Gray
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:36:12 AM

It is great that they sell. We can buy more shares for ridiculous small prices. It doesn't change anything regarding the investment. Gray already got the money so it is only between us.

Gray asked us to reveal our mail addresses so he keeps a tracks of what we have. If CS get down, the group and the shares still exit Wink

Gray

Good news indeed.
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 10:19:53 AM

It is great that they sell. We can buy more shares for ridiculous small prices. It doesn't change anything regarding the investment. Gray already got the money so it is only between us.

Gray asked us to reveal our mail addresses so he keeps a tracks of what we have. If CS get down, the group and the shares still exit Wink

Gray

Good news indeed.

Any discussion of putting the shares on something like Nxt Asset Exchange?

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:28:41 AM

Gray is studying this possibility. Before making the decision he must understand the Nxt Asset Exchange and it takes some time because it is complex (and English is not his native language).
For me that's one of the best choice. We'll no more worry about security. It is impossible to take down or steal an asset.
crackerhead

Activity: 252

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 10:46:12 AM

Gray is studying this possibility. Before making the decision he must understand the Nxt Asset Exchange and it takes some time because it is complex (and English is not his native language).
For me that's one of the best choice. We'll no more worry about security. It is impossible to take down or steal an asset.

Glad to hear that he's looking into that. It would be great to not have to check out my shares every-so-often just because I'm worried they might have "disappeared".

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:52:45 PM

You will not like what I'm about to say but hear me out please: 

Most mining stocks now days are set to pay our 75 - 80% in dividends which is not sustainable considering constantly increasing difficulty and cost of expansion to stay vital in the mining business long-term. After initial hardware purchase and solid first few month of dividends things go downhill and virtually every mining co. ends up facing shortage of funds and limited buying options... BSVM would be a perfect example of honest folks doing bad math and ending up begging for new investors to get in just in time to be able to use equipment discount coupon. 

COINFARM:
After electricity costs have been factored in, 85% of the remaining profits will be distributed to investors. The remaining 15% will be used to reinvest in equipment and facility maintenance. This will ensure computing power is continuously upgraded while decreasing mining difficulty.

I believe dividends should be closer to 50/50 where half of the dividends can be put aside for maintenance, electricity and continuously expanding operation, and other half paid to shareholders... Otherwise we are faced with constant dilution of shares through new offerings or investor fire-sales.

Sorry, this is just my humble opinion, and unpleasant one to consider.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:05:29 PM

You will not like what I'm about to say but hear me out please: 

Most mining stocks now days are set to pay our 75 - 80% in dividends which is not sustainable considering constantly increasing difficulty and cost of expansion to stay vital in the mining business long-term. After initial hardware purchase and solid first few month of dividends things go downhill and virtually every mining co. ends up facing shortage of funds and limited buying options... BSVM would be a perfect example of honest folks doing bad math and ending up begging for new investors to get in just in time to be able to use equipment discount coupon. 
COINFARM:
After electricity costs have been factored in, 85% of the remaining profits will be distributed to investors. The remaining 15% will be used to reinvest in equipment and facility maintenance. This will ensure computing power is continuously upgraded while decreasing mining difficulty.
I believe dividends should be closer to 50/50 where half of the dividends can be put aside for maintenance, electricity and continuously expanding operation, and other half paid to shareholders... Otherwise we are faced with constant dilution of shares through new offerings or investor fire-sales.
Sorry, this is just my humble opinion, and unpleasant one to consider.

Well, the shares price go down as the hardware lose value.
You can say it, it's not a secret.
All shares price goes down to zero. That's true.

There is two solutions to maintain the price longer :

- Lower the paid dividend and use the rest for re-investing in new hardware.
 - Dilute the shares with additional IPO
vm_mpn

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:05:24 AM

Well, yes S, my point exactly...  I would prefer smaller dividends in exchange for a long-term profitable mining operation.

By the way came across this CoinDesk article about new ~6TH miners in the pipeline: http://www.coindesk.com/details-spondoolies-tech-new-bitcoin-mining-asic-leaked-online/

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:48:36 AM

Well, yes S, my point exactly...  I would prefer smaller dividends in exchange for a long-term profitable mining operation.

I prefer the way it is because a non-profitable mining group is still non-profitable if you reduce dividend. I mean it doesn't change the issue.
Calculation are easier like this. You get some of your money back very quick and you can chose to re-invest or withdraw.
BTW : no all money has been invested and Gray has proven to be competent at managing risk, bargain manufacturer, setting up hardware, make calculation and estimate.
This is really exceptional. The drawback is that he doesn't speak English well and do not care much about communication.
I'm fine with that.

By the way came across this CoinDesk article about new ~6TH miners in the pipeline: http://www.coindesk.com/details-spondoolies-tech-new-bitcoin-mining-asic-leaked-online/

Impressive hardware as always when they make announcement.
Expect late delivery as usual and huge difficulty increase in the meantime.

I have experience in investing in pre-order new hardware (KNC, Cointerra, ...) and I can tell that it result 2/3 of the time in a loss.
It can result in 98% loss in the case of an incompetent mining group admin (see Garrett from Cognitive).

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:52:56 AM

7 1th dragon miners were bought so hopefully the dividends should start increasing in a week or so and with that the price per share.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:13:18 AM

7 1th dragon miners were bought so hopefully the dividends should start increasing in a week or so and with that the price per share.

That's great news.
gnomicide

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:31:29 AM

Nice new pics of the hardware!
vm_mpn

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:53:58 AM

So why exactly this miner rev. runs hotter and consumes more?  different chips?
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:17:14 AM

So why exactly this miner rev. runs hotter and consumes more?  different chips?

No no, it's all the same components except the manufacturer removed the small LCD screen that wasn't useful and put a different PSU.
The difference is really small. It doesn't matter too much as ASIC hardware become obsolete before it break.
We've got to mine the hell out of it and try to resell it on eBay later.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:50:08 AM

Looking like the dividends are picking up a little bit as a result of the last Dragon Miner he added at least.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
vm_mpn

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:54:24 AM

Looks like difficulty will be jumping up another 30% in a week... Does not look like additional 7TH will do us much good for any longer.... What else you guys got in your idea sleeves?
Triffin

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:15:40 PM

Ideas ??

Keep mining until the end of July then ..
Sell all the hardware and distribute the proceeds to the shareholders ..
Gray takes a well deserved vacation ..

Triff ..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: