Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get merited?  (Read 694 times)
Sanmark

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:08:31 PM

Im just a newbie so i supose that my opinion dont counts, but i must say that I see useful posts for beginers everywhere and 99% of them are not geting any merit so i wouldnt have my hopes up about that!

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 08:33:14 PM

Im just a newbie so i supose that my opinion dont counts, but i must say that I see useful posts for beginers everywhere and 99% of them are not geting any merit so i wouldnt have my hopes up about that!
Everyone’s opinion counts potentially, but it needs to be well versed and have a certain argumentative depth or character to stand-out a bit and make a mark that differs from the regular one-liner quick answer’s aimed solely at incrementing activity.

From a beginner’s point of view, any and nearly all posts are probably helpful, since coming from a void of knowledge on a certain topic sets a low requirement base. As you gain more knowledge on the matter, so does the criteria evolve of what a useful post is. What one newbie may see as a useful post, to many others is just another spin-off of the same tailored answer that has been around for ages.

My point being that meriting is subjective and often requires a post to be well above the average post (which is not that hard really). Although I believe that merit is awarded with a softer eye on the Beginners & Help board, a certain degree of time and effort needs to be put into posting to postulate to being merited.

Also checking spelling and grammar is kind of a good thing to do before hitting the Post button...
Barmalei06

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:16:46 PM

even if you write quality and useful messages, it is not easy to get the merits, because they can count your work as nonsense
Muhammedayo

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:18:59 PM

There's no shortcut to this.
All you need to do is to keep educating and helping people with quality posts and viola , you will get noticed and be merited.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:23:37 PM

I dont think its only about what you post, its somehow about, who you know and also about who is in your contact. Do you guys agree ?
That is absolutely not true.
You dont need any "connections" with other people to gain merit. You only need to be usefull to community and have a little bit of luck to someone give back to you Smiley
Don't loose hope, first work on your posts quality, then everything else will come by itself.
taquine

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:02:43 AM

Well, i know most of you are going to say,"post useful stuffs", show your quality, dont go with quantities. Its all only for saying. My posts are not that useless and i always post hoping it will be helping people here. But never get that merit points.I dont think its only about what you post, its somehow about, who you know and also about who is in your contact. Do you guys agree ?

there is more difficult to get it, maybe with quality posts you will get it. try making threads that everyone is interested in commenting on your post. not just a little like that. they will no longer be interested.
lotao

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:28:48 AM

I think I can only comfort your heart, because anywhere is cruel, Meri is a very scarce thing, if you really need it, then you can make some deals with some people!
Alone055

Activity: 1001
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 11:41:17 AM

Well, i know most of you are going to say,"post useful stuffs", show your quality, dont go with quantities.

That's right.

Its all only for saying.

No, it isn't.

My posts are not that useless and i always post hoping it will be helping people here.

Really? Let's see.

Its never too late to start or learn something. All we need us focus and knowledge about cryptocurrencies.If you dont have it then start getting it today. And i see the future of bitcoin really bright, so whenever you start, that point is a right time
Yes offcourse there are.. And its really good that we have some female handling this big deal. Well now i dont want to say that they work as  good as men but its worth saying , that there are many women in this field giving a very good Compettition to men or even working better. So we actually need to be happy.
I wont say irs riskless but its still not a bad idea to invest right now in bitcoin, since its price is decreased. But you have to be careful because the price may still go down as i heard. And about the future security, well its not that sure, that you will have huge amount of profit. So i would say, be ready for the consequences before you invest your whole money on it

Didn't help at all. And, these are just a few. Can't bring them all here.

But never get that merit points.

You will never, if you keep going like that.

I dont think its only about what you post, its somehow about, who you know and also about who is in your contact. Do you guys agree ?

No, I don't agree.

Tip: Post quality stuff, show your quality and don't go with the quantity.  Roll Eyes

coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:01:18 AM

Maybe you can try to help others with questions that they might have, or write some quality posts with guidance to others about bounty program, blockchain, bitcointalk forum, tutorials, etc. Yeah it is not very easy to get merit, but if you try, you may get some. Good luck!
MegUsta

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:07:21 PM

I saw your post history and I will enumerate where most of your posts are:

1. Off - Topic section
2. Mega threads

Aside from that, most of your posts are one to two line which can be helpful I think (I didn't read it) but most of it are in the mega threads. Nobody will browse a thread which composes of more than 20 pages and see which of the posts are considered helpful. If you want to be merited, don't post on mega threads.

Well, considering that most of my posts, quotes and replies are with Bitcoin and altcoins discussions and mostly I guess relevant.  I don't think small ranks can be merited that easy regarding of quality posts.  I just really do not know how we could get merited.  All I do now is just do what ever is needed with the campaign I am joined with, give quality posts, replies or quotes, give some effort in it and expect nothing about merits.  If it comes, it will come, if not, try harder next time.  Only my perception and thank you sir for the idea you gave.

It is shocking that you have 195 activity points and none merits.... I think it highlights there's something wrong with the current system.

Taking the above in to the consideration it looks like the true answer to this threads question of "How to get merited?" is simply "you will never get a meaningfull amout of merits" ...  Angry

Sanmark

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:07:11 PM

Although I believe that merit is awarded with a softer eye on the Beginners & Help board

I didn't know that, thanks for the info, im gonna need that in future. I think that ranks above member are "locked" with merit sistem. I would like to see how many people will get from newbie to at least hero member in 3 years! Of course there will be those who bought it or cheated with friends or multi acc to merit themselves. But it's really unfair to all new honest members. I don't really care, I would like to reach "member" rank in this year just not to be at the bottom and that my voice can be heard in some topics.

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
Towntrap41

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:33:00 PM

Well, you have a point. But the principle for merit still holds that unless you make quality posts before you can get merited. This merit issue is becoming concerns for many but its been said that Do not post threads about merit because that wont fetch you any. Instead of raising this issue, I would rather advice you use it to post something useful.
[/quot
You're right about making a good post cuz no one would merit a poor stuff..

MOVIECOIN | THE FINTECH PLATFORM SETTING A NEW STANDARD -
- FOR ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY TRANSACTIONS
Towntrap41

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:43:43 PM

"something done well attract props" making good post of course will one merited, knowing where to post adds to it too.

MOVIECOIN | THE FINTECH PLATFORM SETTING A NEW STANDARD -
- FOR ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY TRANSACTIONS
beatzcoin123

Activity: 184
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 08:17:14 PM

I saw your post history and I will enumerate where most of your posts are:

1. Off - Topic section
2. Mega threads

Aside from that, most of your posts are one to two line which can be helpful I think (I didn't read it) but most of it are in the mega threads. Nobody will browse a thread which composes of more than 20 pages and see which of the posts are considered helpful. If you want to be merited, don't post on mega threads.
I will agree with the author about knowing someone to get merited unless you prove otherwise. what do you mean when you say dont post on MEGA THREADS? can you give examples of MEGA THREADS  and threads to post on to get merited. Thanks.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 07:58:54 AM

You need to start threads that give relevant information to the people on the forum. You can also share something you have learnt to this forum which can help other people.

SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:07:06 AM

There are hundreds threads about this topic, you can find and read them.
NYCrypto5

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:41:29 AM

useful post not bring merit for me also,usually they give merit if doing good service like in "service" board. There is so much merit to grab
since I am a new comer , that is why I am asking this question from you. Actually what is the "service" board means. Can some one give me the link of that board.
Mondilo

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:19:17 AM

I just registered this account not quite long and I found many strange words here can someone please enliten me what MERIT is all about? I will be glad to learn .
Gkenneth2

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:00:03 AM

I keep seeing comments talking about , making quality  posts and all that.
Now, i dont believe its about quality posts, its actually about who know on the forum.

I agree! Even though I posted quality posts, only few people gave merit on me. I can also see some quality posts wherein it has no merit. This merit system is not really effective. It only make the ranking system more difficult. A member of this forum cannot achieve higher ranks if they don't meet the merit requirements.
I agree with you the merit of a things can be acquired by favoritism it takes good heart to see good post and be rewards for your content that is helpful
Gkenneth2

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:15:39 AM

I just registered this account not quite long and I found many strange words here can someone please enliten me what MERIT is all about? I will be glad to learn .
For proper ranking at the forum you need merit.
You need constructive and helpful post to acquire merit
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: