Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:48:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Small Loan - 0.002BTC >> Repaying Tomorrow  (Read 400 times)
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 09:37:10 PM

Was this loan repaid back? @mdayonliner
No yet LOL
He did not even logged in since the day he taken the loan.

Sorry to hear, I'll leave negative rep. TBH, I have had people come back (literally years later) and pay the loan back. Here's hoping that will happen for you.

These people ruin no-collateral deals unfortunately, especially for diminutive loans. It's unfortunate.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:40:39 PM

Sorry to hear, I'll leave negative rep. TBH, I have had people come back (literally years later) and pay the loan back. Here's hoping that will happen for you.

These people ruin no-collateral deals unfortunately, especially for diminutive loans. It's unfortunate.

Yea. Some may come back when the value is low to pay it back. It also doesn ruin no collateral loans, making the scope of lending without collateral extremely low (meaning you have to be extremely trusted around here to get a no collateral loan). Best to never ignore a negative feedback, review their feedback history (including untrusted as it may show signs or intent of something down the road), posting history, etc., but even then it would be best to obtain valid collateral.

Hopefully mdayonliner will get paid back.
Initscri

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 09:44:02 PM

The only thing I can think of is contacting Vod if you really wish to. It seems he created a design for Vod a little while ago, and left a negative rep saying he wasn't paid (it was a contest for design win, so I'm assuming it was a misunderstanding on his part, not on Vod's). I couldn't find any mention in the thread, but Vod may have a PM history with him. He may have sent him a URL to preview, which would tie that account to a domain.

Obviously, the account may be stolen, but it would make it more difficult for that person to use that domain going forward, or create a BTCTalk account without having to reconcile that.

Just a thought, I obviously don't want any doxxing to happen.

*Topic regarding this was here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1780959.20

Edit: + looks like he didn't have the best history on other sites: https://www.sythe.org/threads/reporting-vervainagospoda-blackhat-selling-guides-available-elsewhere/

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16600

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 06:51:27 PM

The only thing I can think of is contacting Vod if you really wish to. It seems he created a design for Vod a little while ago, and left a negative rep saying he wasn't paid (it was a contest for design win, so I'm assuming it was a misunderstanding on his part, not on Vod's). I couldn't find any mention in the thread, but Vod may have a PM history with him.
That's very unlikely.
It's much more likely he left (fake) retaliation feedback, 2 days after Vod left him this: "Promoting a ponzi. Trying to steal money from the community."

I would never trust a ponzi scammer with money!

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:51:17 PM

Sorry guys, I totally forgot to response this topic. It was just a gentlemenship from my side to the OP since the amount was not much. I thought, someone need a little money and why not just help him. I never thought people can have plan to runaway with only few dollars LOL

At this point, I'd take a look at jackg's history and notice he's lost 1.8BTC and try to learn from his mistakes as much as possible Grin.
I was unaware of jackg's this part of life  Grin
Sorry to hear mate. Losing 0.08BTC was very hurting for me and it hurts more when you are saying 1.8BTC. These people just take the advantages of good souls. I pray they realize their mistakes and come back clean. Self dignity keeps people moving forward.

I hope neither of these losses have caused too much of an issue for you and that you have more stores of bitcoin available to bounce back
I am still hustling and thanks for the heads up today to that travailing guy's loan request.

Sorry to hear, I'll leave negative rep.
That's ok and thanks a lot.

TBH, I have had people come back (literally years later) and pay the loan back. Here's hoping that will happen for you.
I do hope the same. As I said I wish them to realize their mistakes and come clean.

Yea. Some may come back when the value is low to pay it back. It also doesn ruin no collateral loans, making the scope of lending without collateral extremely low (meaning you have to be extremely trusted around here to get a no collateral loan). Best to never ignore a negative feedback, review their feedback history (including untrusted as it may show signs or intent of something down the road), posting history, etc., but even then it would be best to obtain valid collateral.

Hopefully mdayonliner will get paid back.
Thank you ThatRandom8543. I was expecting him to keep his words. It was just around $15 or so. How come people get that serious LOL

@Initscri: I could open a scam accusation topic. I didn't create one coz I was embarrassed. Few days ago I created one when lost 0.08BTC and now if I was creating another one for losing 0.002BTC then others might laught at me. I mean consider the amount - it was only 15$.

My problem is when I see people are in need I just can not hold myself when I have the stuff they need. I know behind those people there could be two hidden agenda: good or bad. It feels me bad when I see good people do not get a chance for the bads.

That's very unlikely.
It's much more likely he left (fake) retaliation feedback, 2 days after Vod left him this: "Promoting a ponzi. Trying to steal money from the community."

I would never trust a ponzi scammer with money!
That happened in last year (2017). I did see the feedback but I did not give much attention because sometime these Feedback are not very accurate.

i.e: see my one. The DT assumes I am a ponzi promoter1 and he also thinks I may run away with those 20BTC. Does it make me a bad/untrustworthy person just because he assumes I am a bad or suspicious one? I have not asked a penny from anyone on the forum yet, never ran away with anyone's money yet. In fact I have already lost a good amount of BTC (0.08BTC, 0.002BTC and another possible 0.05BTC will be added soon) so far. This lending topic of mine is not just to earn some extra btc, it's also to have a chance to help someone in need (I hope it does not sound cheesy). I feel good when one of my customer tells other that if mdayonliner was around then he would fill the request. Have a cap of coffee with me I bet you will leave with a good impression about me. How come I get blamed, I keep suffering (having a red tag is a suffering) for something that I have not done yet.

1On forum - I did not promote any of the business those were mentioned on the accusation topic. I was blamed for a business that I never launched (followbitcoin.today). I promoted some affiliate products long before I join the forum. I believed in those products when I was promoting them. More here: mdayonliner ponzi promoter

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:06:16 AM

At this point, I'd take a look at jackg's history and notice he's lost 1.8BTC and try to learn from his mistakes as much as possible Grin.
I was unaware of jackg's this part of life  Grin
Sorry to hear mate. Losing 0.08BTC was very hurting for me and it hurts more when you are saying 1.8BTC. These people just take the advantages of good souls. I pray they realize their mistakes and come back clean. Self dignity keeps people moving forward.
That hurt a lot, the amount of losses, all of last years payments gone Grin (although at least I didn't have the effort of trying to file a tax return for international earnings/investments with bitcoin so there's up sides to it)...

I hope neither of these losses have caused too much of an issue for you and that you have more stores of bitcoin available to bounce back
I am still hustling and thanks for the heads up today to that travailing guy's loan request.
Yeah it is a pretty hard thing to cope with (at the start at least)...
I'm just dumping everything in a wallet and not touching it anymore as much as possible Smiley.

That looks like a new scam trend here of previously trusted/established members coming back just to make a loan request and then going.
Initscri

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 06:06:37 AM

@Initscri: I could open a scam accusation topic. I didn't create one coz I was embarrassed. Few days ago I created one when lost 0.08BTC and now if I was creating another one for losing 0.002BTC then others might laught at me. I mean consider the amount - it was only 15$.

My problem is when I see people are in need I just can not hold myself when I have the stuff they need. I know behind those people there could be two hidden agenda: good or bad. It feels me bad when I see good people do not get a chance for the bads.

I understand where you're coming from, and it's entirely up to you! I don't think anyone would think of you differently for losing money in loans. It's sad how common it is, and I'm sure most people who have loaned BTC in this forum have probably lost some amount at some point in time.

+ to scam accusation threads is it starts to open up information about the user, which may be evident/discoverable if they try to create a new account on BitcoinTalk. It puts that info on record, which makes loan stealing less advantageous (especially for this user, since he's used this username on more than just BitcoinTalk)

On the monetary amount, it's probably not worth it. But, in principle, I'd do it personally.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: