Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:21:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $1000 to spend on coins. 5 years exile on a desert island. what do you buy?  (Read 169 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:37:49 PM

you have a grand to spend and then you're off to a desert island with no contact from the outside world for five years.

which coins will still be alive by then and which will be thriving? as i'm on the conservative end of things i'd only go for bitcoin myself. in half a decade an insane amount will have changed.

what about you?
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:40:36 PM

I will go for Bitcoin as well. 5 years is a long time, but I have confidence that Bitcoin will still be around and the top coin in marketcap.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Mark13

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:18:30 PM

I would prefer not to go all out on bitcoin, I will pick from these uprising altcoin like EOS and NEO as they established a huge impact in the cryptomarket. As I predict Bitcoin will not be the king 5 years from now as 80% of its supply was already mined.
lyubomyr

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:20:44 PM

3GX when it will be born you will be on island, and you can not to buy some or mining
berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:21:35 PM

you have a grand to spend and then you're off to a desert island with no contact from the outside world for five years.

which coins will still be alive by then and which will be thriving? as i'm on the conservative end of things i'd only go for bitcoin myself. in half a decade an insane amount will have changed.

what about you?
I think I would have chosen bitcoin. I think he will live for many years. I can not say that he will be the leader of the crypto market, but he will surely live. I like a lot of altcoins, but I can not say what will happen to them after 5 years. Everything can radically change.

acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:22:52 PM

i will also go in for Bitcoins and Ethereum. They both have potential to survive for a long time and so I'll dive into that for five years long time. Well, some ICOs will be good by then as well, but you'll need to follow up on ICOs to find out which one. It would be very risky to leave an ICO project unfollowed or unchecked for 5 years.
Kamidzy7

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:27:05 PM

I would now analyzed what coins will be fashionable popular, it is technology, medicine,energy, robotics,genetics,game world, broadcast, etc., virtual reality,and artificial intelligence, well, the network of the Amazon, here in these projects I would have dropped 200 bucks,so I think

https://www.heta.org/  Build The Smart Industries On Top of HetaChain
neocryptrix

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:31:05 PM

what about you?

Just the same as I see gold and silver as hedges to traditional FIAT or Stocks, so to do I see BTC and LTC as the gold and silver of the crypto space. I also see XRP being a necessary vehicle for moving smaller market cap alt coins. With $1000 I'd put 60% in BTC, 20% in LTC and 15% in XRP. I see ETH being replaced by a coin that's more innovative for smart contracts. So with my last 5% I'll put that in ADA. I'm sold on ADA for the simple fact that it is designed to withstand the inevitable future of quantum computing which could render traditional blockchains worthless.

? HELIOS PROTOCOL ? ?[DAG]?[BLOCKCHAIN]?[PoS]?[Masternodes] Huh[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]Huh
  HuhWebsite  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  | Bounties  | Discord  |  telegram ¦?Huh
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:34:29 PM

I'm probably going all in on BTC. If I was forced to spread out, I might drop $100 in to Monero (as the best privacy coin it will likely have a larger demand in 5 years as government surveillance continues to increase) and $100 in to BNB (essentially like a share in Binance - being the largest exchange, if crypto grows then it is likely to grow as well).
ArturKarri

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:41:24 PM

bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrency, I would bet most of it
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:42:15 PM

I'm probably going all in on BTC. If I was forced to spread out, I might drop $100 in to Monero (as the best privacy coin it will likely have a larger demand in 5 years as government surveillance continues to increase) and $100 in to BNB (essentially like a share in Binance - being the largest exchange, if crypto grows then it is likely to grow as well).

those are both good calls. i would definitely consider monero.

anything exchange related i'd be less enamored myself. binance is only a year old. i expect exchanges to be run by massive heavyweights in a few more years.

i guess if binance can stay on top and ahead they'll be in with a shot but exchanges are licences to print money and that won't go unnoticed for long.
NikNikKomarov

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:50:12 PM

5 years is a huge time for cryptography. During this period, anything can happen. But according to forecasts, the crypto currency will enter our life even more. And that's why I would buy bitcoin. It is he who is the first crypto currency and has been leading the market in the crypto currency since its foundation.

mmacool

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:55:45 PM

If I had to buy a cryptocurrency and go to the island. I would buy the top 5 Bitcoin, Ethereum, ripples, bitokoyn Cash, EOS, well, and still TRON took. And if you take one coin and take bitcoin.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:59:44 PM

I would rather say all on bitcoin, but I'am gonna say Pivx!! because it's great, and if you don't want people to know how much you have it's way better.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
trplzr

Activity: 532
Merit: 168

hello there

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:01:15 PM

50% BTC,50% ETH. Bitcoin is the father of all, and whenever it moves, most of the time it takes the market together ... ETH is the root of the great majority of projects,if it breaks, all breaks Cool.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:01:25 PM

anything exchange related i'd be less enamored myself. binance is only a year old. i expect exchanges to be run by massive heavyweights in a few more years.

Fair points. I've always been impressed with how well Binance communicate with the community and their fast response to any problems or issues. Their market share is increasing, their profits are increasing and they are opening new offices in new countries. If any exchange today is going to survive the next 5 years, I think it's them. I understand where you are coming from, but I'd still pick BNB over the majority of overhyped, overpriced alts like Tron or EOS.
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:01:43 PM

For me answer is very easy, if i will face such a situation i will quickly grab only bitcoin and ethereum because im very confident about both of them, they are also the biggest coins in the market, secondly new coins are risky you never know when they loose volume and interest but bitcoin and ethereum are rock solid and are here to stay and grow over long term.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Larymause

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:09:03 PM

what about you?
My pick Eos, Stellar, ONT, NEM, NEO. If I invest for 5 years, I will not risk and look for not popular coins, because in 5 years the market can change very much. But I think that these coins will remain, because they have good teams, a good product and I think a good future. But in fact, if I invested for such a long period, I would choose only Bitcoin, because only in it I'm sure.
Lacoste

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

Lacoste

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:13:57 PM

Perhaps most people choose to buy BTC, even me.
I don't trust the rest, except ETH.

TheBiochemist

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 07:19:03 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 05:49:00 PM by TheBiochemist

With such a long timespan I would go for half in bitcoin / ETH and the rest in something that gives ROI like KuCoin shares or a pos coin, there are many, so you get some extra returns Wink

Good luck Smiley

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: