Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:52:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $1000 to spend on coins. 5 years exile on a desert island. what do you buy?  (Read 169 times)
Ade A Aziz

Activity: 221
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:23:33 PM

you have a grand to spend and then you're off to a desert island with no contact from the outside world for five years.

which coins will still be alive by then and which will be thriving? as i'm on the conservative end of things i'd only go for bitcoin myself. in half a decade an insane amount will have changed.

what about you?
I seem to agree with you that bitcoin is the right choice for the long term. But if I have to diversify, I choose Ethereum in second place, and NEO is in third place. I think five years is a very long time, and I believe with the coins.
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:23:56 PM

I don't want diversification in this case. With such sum it's profitable high risk for island - targets. Need to make high-risk investment. i don't sure that XMR or BNB will give such value. BTC? ETC? Or some coins from NEO, XEM, OMG, Qtum? I don't trust any newest coins. Old guard only

jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:34:17 PM

For 5years, there is one winner here, that is Bitcoin, 5  years is a long time in the life of crypto, BTC has proven is can stand the text of time, I think Linda effect is in play here, no other coin has proven so and as long as BTC dominance still continue to drive the space there is no other coin to invest for that long if not BTC

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 07:37:16 PM

I'll go for Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin. I believe Ethereum and litecoin has more chance to grow in 5 years then Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the pioneer but has flaws and those flaws will make other currencies go past it soon. In 5 years time i think bitcoin won't be the champion it is now.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:16:43 PM

That would actually be a great opportunity to buy as much Bitcoin as you can and keep yourself from selling it. I think that the price will increase significantly. After the first fall in 2013-2014 when BTC reached 1,000$ for the first time it took 2 years to recover the price again, and after that the price started to increase precipitately. My theory is that to everything that appears new on the market and attract people the interest (therefore demand) grows exponentially. So if it took 2 years then, now it should take about a year and this interim will only keep decreasing. Other investments (like real estate, stocks) are too risky, because they're fixed on something material and you don't know what can happen to it after 5 years, while BTC is digital and it's its main advantage in this case.
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:38:43 PM

I'll go for Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin. I believe Ethereum and litecoin has more chance to grow in 5 years then Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the pioneer but has flaws and those flaws will make other currencies go past it soon. In 5 years time i think bitcoin won't be the champion it is now.

maybe the big and unknown decider is how traditional markets and institutions decide to treat the various coins.

they may decide bitcoin is it and everything else is of less interest to them. in that case there'll be a two tier market. or they might decide everything in the top 20-50 is fair game. ether way they will have no interest in any coin's use as a currency.

I don't trust any newest coins. Old guard only

this is wise. i might be inclined to put a small fraction into newer stuff but i would have the full expectation they'd be worthless when i came back. there are certain coins that aren't going anywhere no matter what but not many. i'd say 95% of everything on coinmarketcap will be dead and forgotten by then, maybe more.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:53:14 AM

I'll put 80% of that $1,000 to the top 4 in the list of Coinmarketcap and it will be divided equally. The remaining 20% will go to an ICO that is highly recommended by someone who is known a trader, investor and provides good technical analysis. Long term investment is good and chances of those coins to be delisted is very low since its on the top 5.
mmmn639

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:00:52 AM

My choice is still bitcoin, its value is stored, like gold, so I will only invest in Bitcoin for $1,000. A lot of coins will decay in 5 years, but Bitcoin will never. I will always insist and wait patiently.
espellogo7

Activity: 229

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:53:07 AM

You can buy Ethereum because now is very low cost but you can make a big profit in the future..Ethereum has a good perspectiveYou can buy also a low coins with a solid teams or you can invest in NEO I believe these altcoins will make you more profitable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: