Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:31:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Must Hit $213,000 to Replace US Money Supply!  (Read 295 times)
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 10:00:58 PM

Bitcoin Must Hit $213,000 to Replace US Money Supply

~ Not even could, would or should then ... guessing we have already passed the difficult bit folks.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:11:15 PM

We should know from the beginning the goals of the founder of bitcoin satoshi nakamoto bitcoin become world class currency replace different kind of fiat, the goals bitcoin is only one currency use by the worldwide.

I believe this because the new technology become upgraded and to support of countries adoptin bitcoin as currency not possible to achieve the goal, but i think need to learn how to control bitcoin as volatile.

CryptoShooter

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:32:50 AM

BTC does not need to takeover USD's place to chase its dream for now.  A day will come when everything can be exchanged with Cryptocurrencies, specially BTC. Bitcoin's blockchain technology will sooner be applied in every sector of life and people will be more comfortable with crypto-currencies than fiat money.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:45:02 AM

there will be a very good price if it costs so much! many investors are waiting for the upkeep of bitcoins above 100,000! if you look at the graphs, you can see how bitcoin always grows up, just as there are corrections! already many analysts talk about the price above 100,000! we have only to wait, and then take your profit!
No matter how much bitcoin will cost it already can be counted as world changing invention. Add to that I guess replacement of fiat wasn't the target of Satoshi Nakamoto, the main idea of bitcoin is to give people an alternative way of monetary system, without the influence from the side of bank and government.
well, no matter what bitcoin price, for those who can use it, I think its own use has exceeded the use of US money. but for the Supply, I think the price is too high to achieve at this time. and you're right, another function of bitcoin is just an alternative.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
ETHTachometer

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:34:33 AM

I never imagine bitcoin as the main currency. It can be the main alternative currency or digital currency. But i think bitcoin can never replace USD.
saruxanyan

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:35:11 AM

I think that this can happen, and that after a few years, bitcoin will really reach such a price, but we must understand that the money will not disappear, it's simply a great convenience of electronic money.
JamescrypTrader

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:55:10 PM

I think bitcoin already popular in this market.But it work in a different. It can’t replace us currency but it develop digital currency. So in future people use both of this.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:17:58 PM

For me bitcoin is not in any competition with any fiat. We aren't competing with USD and the rest. Bitcoin is on it own and does not need to hit $213 K before we realize it value and worth.
thebanker28

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:22:37 PM

For anyone who has been around for a few years you might remember that the internet was also "never going to usurp traditional media. It too had capacity constraints and growing pains and was "always in danger of collapsing".

Never say never. I dont know how this will play out or if BTC will hit 200K but I am not betting against it.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:57:38 PM

I don't see the need to replace USD, Bitcoin is a alternative to fiat currencies which offers flexibility of carrying in anywhere, security and faster transaction. Hopefully, people will accept it as it is right now rather than making others believe that bitcoin is here to replace fiat.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:12:09 PM

According to Cointelegraph:

UBS: Bitcoin Must Hit $213,000 to Replace US Money Supply

Zurich-based investment bank and financial services company Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) has said that the Bitcoin (BTC) price must hit nearly $213,000 to replace U.S. money supply, Bloomberg reported August 2.

According to Bloomberg, a new report by UBS suggests that BTC cannot currently be considered money or a viable asset as its versatility is stymied by the capacity constraints of the BTC network.

Read more here: https://cointelegraph.com/news/ubs-bitcoin-must-hit-213-000-to-replace-us-money-supply
Damn ,would you please stop comparing dollars into bitcoin and stop thinking that bitcoin is created to take over the value of dollars because this is not fair

Bitcoin is a virtual money while dollar is physical,they have own functions and don't even interfere with each other so stop wasting time for this kind of thread because seems li nonsense
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

According to Cointelegraph:

UBS: Bitcoin Must Hit $213,000 to Replace US Money Supply

Zurich-based investment bank and financial services company Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) has said that the Bitcoin (BTC) price must hit nearly $213,000 to replace U.S. money supply, Bloomberg reported August 2.

According to Bloomberg, a new report by UBS suggests that BTC cannot currently be considered money or a viable asset as its versatility is stymied by the capacity constraints of the BTC network.

Read more here: https://cointelegraph.com/news/ubs-bitcoin-must-hit-213-000-to-replace-us-money-supply

To state a fact that fiat is fiat a paper and a coin in the real world, the reality and bitcoin itself and a coin, an electronic coin that has value and power to be exchange in fiat but not take over.

It can surpass bitcoin but it can't sorround fiat and smash it for for bitcoin to rise.

Also a fact that bitcoin  is the internet by using bitcoin as an fiat and an everyday use we may experience an error and problems that is bad as hacking and viruse. So if your rich (let us say no fiat just cryptocurrency) and people with high skills who can hack, now let us say good bye money. Poop!
jonloner011

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:30:37 PM

Basically it is impossible now because of the market actually Bitcoin users are increasing day by day but in case of Fiat currency it is difficult to replace because of govt. also btc is fully decentralized so it is not possible to handle but soon this price will increase.
eifer0910

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:46:07 PM

I am a believer of bitcoin but I didn't actually really believed in this article that bitcoin will reach that kind of price and will replace with USD, Bitcoin is good but it takes a long time for it to take part the position of USD and I agree that bitcoin will surely be the secondary monetary and many people will use this too as well.

BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:50:26 PM

How is bitcoin reaching a certain price "replacing" the US dollar? The only way for bitcoin to replace the US dollar is if significantly more people are using BTC compared to USD or if the United States government declares BTC as the United States' official currency(which we know is extremely unlikely). BTC can be $5 million dollars each and still not replace USD. Or am I missing something here?

I don't fully understand the purpose of that article either. I think they are trying to say that the price would be around $213k if everyone in America was using it for commerce? Maybe? Either way, the price doesn't matter for something like this, and I'm certain that if everyone in America was using Bitcoin the price would be higher than $213k, considering how many Bitcoin are deemed to be lost forever, which was nearly 4 million last I checked. I doubt this article was taking that into account.

Not to mention, the countless hodlers out there that have many BTC stored on cold storage. The true circulating supply of Bitcoin is much smaller than a lot of people realize.
RadiontLoss

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:24:51 PM

How can a decentralized currency replace a fiat currency? This is not the vision of bitcoin. Besides i don't think bitcoin is acceptable to people who are not properly educated about it.
TurveyDrop

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:40:21 PM

One of the main characteristics of bitcoin is volatility. It will take a long time to be stable or maybe it won't be stable. So i think it will not accepted globally instead of fiat money.
Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:42:37 PM

Why would we want Bitcoin to replace US money supply. Both are different and goal of Bitcoin is not to replace any kind of fiat.
ShutterTeeth

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:34:22 AM

This was never the goal of bitcoin, neither it is now. I think the motive of this report was to compare BTC with present standard USD values but we don't think it will ever happen in the long run. BTC is way good as it is now as a decentralized currency.
CrazyBTC7800

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:41:35 AM

I don’t think bitcoin can ever replace any fiat money because of its deflationary nature. It can be very popular or it can be used as alternative currency but it never can replace fiat currency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: