Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:41:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Double names in Spreadsheet campaign (How to prevent "Effort-Grabbers")  (Read 297 times)
Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 06:16:32 AM

addition to OP'S suggestions,sorting names alphabetically would also help Bounty Managers to identify double entries easily,the BM's just need to check the timestamp to determine who is the original and who is the fraud.Another way to prevent those "effort-grabbers" from their fraudulent work is through google form system of reporting.all reported task will not be available to the public and only the BM and his team would have access to the submitted reports.this way,cheaters won't have any chances making a duplicate report and stop doing crazy things like these that sometimes have bad effect to other good bounty hunters

██    DON'T POST SHITPOST  ██
bittraffic

Activity: 2982
Merit: 614

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 06:49:47 AM

Its definitely not a mistake but those guys are impostors who register and then use the profile of someone who participated the campaign but are now registering different ETH address to rip the campaign. If not get caught they'd be able to collect tokens without doing anything. If they use OP's method it can be avoided and those who wants to steal tokens are going to be force to participate and chances is that we might be able to identify them.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

policeoo

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 07:26:01 AM

I am afraid we can't to much. There will always be people who still other people's work and you can't do anything about it, you  can't prevent to happen. If you see someone has your name or you link of work using by his, you can only report them to admins and hope they will ban them and give you your reward.

pedangrusak

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:48:43 AM

if a data entry error occurs, the input must be the same as the bitcointalk account name, ETH address and the name of the social media account. but I will report it if someone uses my bitcointalk account by simply changing the social media link and ETH to the bounty manager. and sometimes I see this happening
mr.nby

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:48:12 PM

Sometimes in some way name doubles at registration. It is rare but it happens. Typically, such cases are reported to the manager by the registrants themselves. The rest should be treated as scammers trying to use someone else's work. Especially if eth addresses differ.
Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 04:14:01 AM

I am afraid we can't to much. There will always be people who still other people's work and you can't do anything about it, you  can't prevent to happen. If you see someone has your name or you link of work using by his, you can only report them to admins and hope they will ban them and give you your reward.
I think the reason why OP created this post is to find a solution to help BM track cheaters and prevent this kind of activies to continue..as a bounty hunter,you don't have to search the whole spreadsheet to look for cheaters.it's the duty of BM to keep his bounty clean and free from all kinds of fraud activities.

██    DON'T POST SHITPOST  ██
benhill

Activity: 304
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:37:31 PM

I had the experience one day when i registered for a certain bounty campaign, i have the idea of looking back and check  the spreadsheet after a day work. When checking the spreadsheet i found that the scamers  had tampered with my name, ether address and username but they failed to perfect my username. I was not the only hunter that was affected that was made bounty manager believe me that i was  not the one that registered twice. The bounty manager had already  ruled off my particulars until i raised alarm and PM the manager and it was corrected immediately. The solution is to check and recheck the spreadsheet.
Milliionaiire

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:36:56 PM

there are currently too many scammers who register profiles and names of other people to get greater profits. but the impact of the scammer can make our account exposed to negative trust from the bounty manager. because we can be accused of duplicating our names in the spreadsheet.
I hope for all bounty managers to be more careful in correcting spreadsheets and fairer.
nngella (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:36:24 AM

addition to OP'S suggestions,sorting names alphabetically would also help Bounty Managers to identify double entries easily,the BM's just need to check the timestamp to determine who is the original and who is the fraud.Another way to prevent those "effort-grabbers" from their fraudulent work is through google form system of reporting.all reported task will not be available to the public and only the BM and his team would have access to the submitted reports.this way,cheaters won't have any chances making a duplicate report and stop doing crazy things like these that sometimes have bad effect to other good bounty hunters

Now I am beginning to understand why some spreadsheets are not available to the public.  However, as a bounty hunter, it is so hard to trust someone who does not show the spreadsheet especially the updating of the stakes in a weekly basis.  I am meticulous to the bounty managers of the bounty campaigns that I join and I always make sure that those bounty managers are diligent enough to update the stakes on a regular basis (especially on signature campaigns)

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: