Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT KEEPS YOU SANE IN THESE CRYPTO BLOODBATHS?  (Read 891 times)
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:41:15 PM

I think this an important advice but some of them is not too correct in my opinion, like holding until grave or moon, a traders supposed to be having a buy and sell limit, and you can become expert by building experience, the most important thing to keep you insane is always invest the money that you can afford to lose, crypto investment is very risky, people need to understand this before invest

Thanks! Great tips.

On hodl until moon or grave is referring to the tokens you plan to keep for long term, not those you plan to trade soon. Atleast that's how I understand it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:44:27 PM

A friend of mine told me that when they started crypto business or investment, having as little as $1 reward was like winning a Grammy award. so that type of individual is not bothered about the red market because in their very eyes, those coins that was less than a dollar or even up to a dollar has multiply over the years to even thousands and millions of dollars. those who gave up are the ones that loss but for him and few others that stayed, they have experience to share and have all the knowledge to guide us in patience. He advises us all the time to invest during down-tides and he is not afraid of anything you throw at him in crypto. He has paid the price. I follow same. Whatever goes down will always come up. According to an African saying, "there is nothing you will eat that your hand will stay permanent in your mouth" Somewhere somehow, things will fall into pleasant places.

Wow! Strong hands there. You are lucky to have a friend who has thru maybe the worst of times in crypto and giving you some advise.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:35:19 PM

In crypto trading you either hodl or sell. But like other experts says if your not fund of holding then don't expect to be rich. Rich people has long term mindset and actually they buy cryptos when opportunity knocks off

Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:06:29 PM

What keep me sane when a bloodbath, and peoples panics happen is to buy Grin

Yes, those who made the right calls are pretty sane and really excited during crypto bloodbaths since they can buy undervalued coins/tokens.
kiedis

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:08:34 PM

- Risk management
- belief that crypto is something of value and it is just the beginning
- old charts showing how many times BTC was dead

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:08:25 AM

- Risk management
- belief that crypto is something of value and it is just the beginning
- old charts showing how many times BTC was dead

I laughed at the "how many times BTC was dead"  Grin
Yeah, looking at the BTC's history, it can be easily seen that it's far better than where it was before and I also think it hasn't reached it's full potential yet due to these bans and regulations.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:12:02 AM

One of my ugliest experience and seems to be my biggest regret is the fact that some of the coins I have were once upto 2X higher that their ICO price but I refuse to sell and now they are about 5X lower than their ICO price. Although I have not give up on them because of long term holding mentality that I have.
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:58:37 PM

I have simple way of investing in cryptocurrency. I invest only some part of my savings in Cryptocurrency and whenever price go more lower, I buy more. I have sold any coin at loss before. Rather than doing so, I add more to it.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:37:23 PM

That your first point in particular is what makes me sane. See, one thing is to be investing in a space and the other is to have all the necessary knowledge you need to make the best of it. Knowledge guides us in most part of it and most especially the knowledge of making trading decisions. Bloodbath to me since I learned how to trade effectively, seems more like an opportunity than a problem if you know what I mean. With learning, persistence and good experience, it is always worth it at the end.

However, for those who may find it hard, I guess just sticking with the idea of investing what you can afford to lose to at least douse any unnecessary emotional stress, and keep holding for as long as you want to is the best bet. At least, those were my moves until I found out a better way to take advantage of the market fluctuations.

This is a very informative response. I can't say that I am that knowledgeable in trading yet but I agree with all the points you mentioned.
gunbars

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:45:57 PM

This is a pretty nice list you know. Might be useful. And what keeps me sane? My faith in the good future. I believe that bad time will pass and it keeps me here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: