Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you think about electric cars?  (Read 24775 times)
Luqui

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:13:39 PM

Electric cheaper than gasoline, I don't think that it is good way to resolve solution but it is also much safety

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
axel20

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:19:43 PM

I'm still on the fence about purely electric vehicles.  Are they really better for the environment when you factor in the energy required to recharge the battery?  Also, they seem to cost significantly more than their gas-powered counterparts (at least for now).  I also don't like the idea of needing to find a "supercharger" charging station for my car's battery if I need to make an extended haul.
MaJes-ty

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:04:30 AM

I think the Tesla looks super cool though. Would love to own one and try its autopilot features.
DigitalCyberius

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:37:48 AM

First of all, "smarter" does not mean better, as it's been shown that these new types of cars can be hacked into and taken control of from the outside. Second, there's something to be said about the good ol' gas fed engine, including power, speed, etc, AND there's nothing stopping them from getting better (unless they're already at peak possible performance, with no more innovations, which I don't think is the case). There are already extremely efficient and low emission gas-fed cars out there. Also, engines which run on diesel can even use alternative sources, such as re-used vegetable oil. On top of that, I remember watching a Japanese invention which turns plastic garbage into different grades of useable fuel... add that to your car and help clean up the streets Cheesy Thirdly, fully electric cars, as well as hybrids seem to be getting better, including in speed. The concept is nice, particularly if you combine it with self-sufficient means, such as solar power, or perhaps even generating electricity while coasting downhill, etc. and they could be made to plug into a variety of power sources, I imagine. There are a number of electric generators and fuel cells which could be used to help power an electric car without needing to stop at a refueling station (such as, perhaps, bloom energy fuel cells). Fourthly, electric cars, as cool as they are, and with all the potential they could hold, and all the different options they could have, are not the only other alternatives to gas-fed engines. Way back in the day they had wood-powered cars using a wood gas generator for gasification. Perhaps you could even add onto this concept with a gasifier that takes any organic material and harvests gas from it... your left-over turkey carcass, extra-carb burger buns, or the garbage from your last fast food meal. Combined with the plastic to oil device mentioned above, you might be able to run a fuel/gas-powered car off of bags of garbage Cheesy Electric gyrobuses are a thing, where the flywheel is used to store electric energy - in hill countries, the downhill parts can respin the gyroscope, the stored energy of which can be used to take it up the next hill. To my understanding, they do need to be recharged every now and then - how frequently, I don't know, which can be done with overhead chargers at every bus stop. Then there are compressed air-powered engines (of which I currently know of two different designs) - imagine stopping at the gas station and using the air compressor to fill up your engine... or, imagine having an onboard air-compressor which could either be powered via different electric generators, like solar, and/or with the mechanical energy or electric generation from downhill movement, and/or even the energy which can be garnished from things like heat from the brakes. Ideas ideas. Then there's also the idea of the Thorium-fueled, nuclear-powered car... which could run for a very long time without refueling - however, I believe this may still be just a concept, and there are some who say the idea is nonsense. There is even the claim by some, that they have managed to create water-powered engines (or perhaps re-purpose their old engines to use water) for their own vehicles. While claims like this may be taken with some skepticism, let's remember that water is in fact composed of two flammable and even explosive elements (at least on Earth) - hydrogen and oxygen, and there are people who have at least complemented their fuel supply with hydrogen generators based on this fact (one should be extremely careful with this, however, and make sure safety mechanisms are in place.  

Maybe even mechanical pedal power, or electrical generation from a flywheel, electric generator, and pedal power, could also be used in combination with some of the above. Maybe even just a bicycle car Tongue or hybrid Cheesy

Just some ideas to consider, overall big fans of the electric car concept here at Cyberius.
The Cyberius team.
JosefinaMallari

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 07:17:47 AM

they look cool but i prefer gas or diesel car. is more convenient.
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:35:56 AM

The fact that cars on gasoline are faster may be so, but partly. I think electric cars are the future and with time they will become even cool and more powerful.
yco
Copper Member

Activity: 35

Join Yachtco Bounty!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 09:37:49 AM

Electric cars are cool.

orange_marmalade

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:52:29 AM

I think it's the future since there is a finite amount of Fossil Fuel deposits, plus it has 0 emissions
abhibtccc

Activity: 426
Merit: 7

https://blockstream.info , Blockonomics.co

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 10:13:10 AM

We have electric scooters. They need to be charged for 4 hours to start while refueling takes only two minutes. We can use multiple batteries to sort out this problem. And these electrical vehicles would be best. However, I wonder what could happen in case of bad accidents, I mean electric shock or a face victim of an acid battery ? In this case too, we can use solid batteries with properly secured electric connections.

██████ PLEASE CONTACT @btcrox on telegram FOR BITCOIN ACCELERATION██████
Franz14

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:45:38 PM

This is a great idea. But, alas, it is still difficult to implement.
Moreover, oil corporations are unlikely to allow it.
arion6868

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:28:07 PM

in my country is not that much, only have not more than 3 recharge station, so for me i just think is limited usage, only can use in town
bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:13:01 PM

I think they are the future. That is pretty sure. Some big countries already making plans to go full-on electric cars by 2040 etc. So, it is really just a matter of time. Something that I think we are also going to see more and more in the blockchain world - Projects that are about renewable energy and electric vehicles, one like Zelectrix, which I think is awesome from the earth's perspective.

#thinkgreen

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
mixail.BTC

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:36:28 PM

I think that when technologically electromobiles will be refined and their price will be acceptable for the majority of consumers, they will be able to perfectly replace the binsing counterparts.
tudorjur

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:40:07 PM

I think are good because  does not pollute
puffy smoke

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:12:40 AM

Having driven a hybrid vehicle for the past couple of years I will admit that I have a preference for this kind of solution. There's no doubt that some of the electric vehicles perform well. However, I don't like the range anxiety that will surely accompany the owners of these type of vehicles. Also, I hate the myth that these vehicles are being touted as the environmentally friendly choice. HAs anyone looked into the environmental impact of extracting lithium? Doesn't look very good for the environment to me...
Tonnakyray_21

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:48:05 PM

I do not like electric cars so much. I think all the time about the battery.  I prefer fossil fuel cars.
jazz007

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:26:46 PM

Electric cars are already cheaper to own and run than petrol or diesel cars.....
Pure electric cars have much lower fuel costs – electricity is cheaper than petrol or diesel – and maintenance costs
 but petrol cars have the advantage – as range isn’t as much of a limitation here as it is for electric vehicles.
Mr.lucky

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:25:16 PM

electric cars dont eliminate pollution  completely as the source of generating electricity causes pollution solar tech is good   
Rintila

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:28:10 PM

I think it's our real salvation! Clean air and gasoline use reduction - what can be better??
Hexanova

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:53:19 PM

Electric cars are awesome. I recently got an electric scooter myself. The car is the next step. Hopefully these will soon become more affordable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: