Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:21:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] Cryptsy News **Ripple added 132 Ripple Markets now active**  (Read 26654 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Luror

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:21:04 PM

FYI: Latest News section on your wiki page (http://cryptsy.wikidot.com/) is no longer sorted by time for some reason, kinda hard to find latest updates.

BTC: 1DzAEtLoFxqmJoNH5ZYHyWxaSNYUGKf2S6
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:33:41 AM

New markets added:  MYR/BTC, USDe/BTC, LTB/BTC
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:37:10 AM

Cryptsy Drawings are now (finally) online. https://www.cryptsy.com/drawings/
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:56:39 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 03:25:07 AM by CryptoNick

Bait n Switch On MN2! Does Cryptsy understand their own Market that they Advertised?

The market opened before selling the remaining 5000 shares, and they were at .190 according to the Graph on the Market Page. Cryptsy didn't even wait past 48 hours either at .190. There was even a Tweet... "Put up 100 shares of MN2 at .180 - grab them. Then only 200 shares left at .185. Remaining are .190" ...and then Cryptsy opened the market.

Does Cryptsy own the 5000 shares? These will never be for sale? If so, then the Dividend Payout needs to be Divided for 5000 shares instead of 10,000, this would be acceptable and also create demand for the market again. Which Cryptsy could legally get Transaction fees for.

Before Cryptsy opened the market and kept the 5000 shares, that seems like an opportune time to refund any buy in if there was a discrepancy in what they stated, and then start over properly with the correct statements. But instead we just get stuck with a faulty, fraudulent market.

Any buyer at .180 should have position on 5000 shares at .190 by buying in at .180, so Cryptsy can not legally take our money and keep the shares. I would have been happy keeping the market closed and get my Daily Dividend like I was receiving. I figured Cryptsy would also be fine with that since at that point they could legally take the Dividends from 5000 shares (Until Disbursed) until the market opened after selling the last 5000 shares at .190.

By stating the price/timing structure Cryptsy made the point of urgency 24 hours at .180 and the rest for .185 to .190 after 48 hours If Not All Sold in these time increments. This means the time frame continues past 48 hours since it is combined with the statement "No Trade Fees Until Initial 10,000 Shares have been disbursed". No Trade Fees means the market will not open until the Initial 10,000 shares are sold and changing that structure also changes the initial structure meant for the buy in.

These 2 statements mean more together and even if they were misrepresented there must be some recourse for those who bought in based on these statements. If accidental then show us it was an accident. On the contrary Cryptsy does not respond to Support Tickets for questions about MN2. No Response since the first day the market opened and sequentially closing my tickets ever since then. Pretty Clear as to what really transpired, since if it were a mistake Cryptsy would see our point, and see the discrepancy and figure out a remedy. But instead Cryptsy shut the end user down and out.

Other options for reconciliation would be to slowly increase the payout of dividends to reflect the selling of the 5000 shares over the approximate time it would have taken to sell in a closed market (which we won't ever know) maybe for 1 year being 417 shares per month or by day would be acceptable also since shares are trading.

The 5000 shares were not sold even if Cryptsy states that they bought them at their Wholesale rate (not .190) and on top of that Cryptsy gets a return on the unsold shares and takes the Trade Fees too! If I take your statement Verbatim about no FEES until all 10,000 are sold then technically we have 2 problems since Cryptsy is collecting FEES now too. Also, how will we know that these shares are not being sold? The market pays for a division of 10,000 dividend so they are still in play. Am I in competition with Cryptsy now too? How would anyone know any difference?

I really hope Cryptsy finds a Remedy to this situation since I really don't like creating dissension towards any company. So step up and do the right thing!

Since Early,
CryptoNick

Mining Contracts 2 (MN2)

Bitcoin Mining Contract #2
This is our second issuance of mining contracts for Bitcoin with a total hashing power of 100Th/s.

What is a mining contract?
For this offering, we have 100 Th/s of hashing power dedicated to mining bitcoin which is part of a much larger network of hashing power. This means more consistent payouts of blocks mined. Every day, users who own shares of this will receive 1/10000 of the payout for each share owned. Users can buy any number of shares available (each share represents 10 Gh/s of hashing power). These are lifetime shares, which mean they never expire.

How much do I get paid and when?
The 100Th/s total hashing power is part of a network of over 3 Ph/s. On a daily basis we calculate and distribute to users who have shares of this contract 1/10000 of the total contract payout to each of the shares. If you own 100 shares, then you will receive 1/100 of the total contract payout. You must be holding shares at the time of disbursement to receive a payout.

Who is providing the mining?
Currently the provider has asked us not to disclose this information. You can be assured that we would not do business with anybody who is less than reputable.

What is a lifetime contract?
This means that it isn't a term agreement like 1 year. You could continue to hold these for multiple years. There will, however, come a time where Bitcoin difficulty has risen to a level where 100 Th/s is no longer producing very many dividends. We anticipate a full rate of return within 12 months or less with shares still having value at that point.

Mining Contract 2 Specifications

• 100 Th/s Total Mining Power
  • Lifetime Contract - Payouts on this contract never end
  • Available in increments of 10 Gh/s
  • Total Shares Available: 10,000
  • Initial Price: 0.180 BTC Each for first 24 hours of offering (04/22/2014 18:10:00 EST)
  • Price: 0.185 BTC Each for 24 - 48 hours from initial offering (If not all sold)
  • Price: 0.19 BTC Each after 48 hours of initial offering (If not all sold)
  • No Trade Fees Until Initial 10,000 Shares have been disbursed
  • Daily Mining Payouts Directly To Your Cryptsy Balance

Go to MN2/BTC Market https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/196
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:08:54 PM

uhhm.. where did the chat box at Cryptsy go ?

is it gone for everyone ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
morris826

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

uhhm.. where did the chat box at Cryptsy go ?

is it gone for everyone ?

I was wondering the same thing. Every exchange should have a troll box.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:40:38 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 07:43:13 AM by CryptoNick

Also, the fact that there is an increment of cost per share also creates an urgency along with a small time window at .180, and any increment would mean the market was meant to stay closed until 10,000 shares are sold.

Also, MN1 was at .02, so buyers were getting in at a cheaper rate than what the current price was for MN1 so the market must stay closed otherwise the MN1 market crashes and doesn't have time to adjust causing both markets to suffer. So the MN1 market crashes as people sell out, even though the dividends are the same per share. I thought for sure that the MN2 market would stay closed until sold just based on this alone, then both markets adjust accordingly. Kind of seems strange that everyone was saying even the buy in for MN1 was overpriced yet it went up on the open just based on demand. Any insiders could have profited from this knowledge too. Can't imagine that there would be any insider trades going on! lol

All Cryptsy would have had to do is put an opening date for each increment, instead of 48 hours. This goes to prove that the market was never intended to open until all 10,000 shares are sold. So there is a huge problem with the way Cryptsy opened the MN2 Market and Sold the MN2 Market.

Now own up to your problem and remedy the Bait n Switch Cryptsy!

princesultan1

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:50:26 PM

BitJohn, I am quite upset over a NXT withdrawal from Cryptsy. It has been 1 week and it is still pending. Support has not helped and has only said that withdrawals are slow at the moment and have ignored all other future emails. The rep had also closed the support ticket (#130638) when in fact the problem hasn't been solved.

Since this event I have switched to Bter and NXT withdrawals are being processed quite quickly.

I would appreciate if this could be escalated because it isn't normal for something to take a week to process. At the very least I would like the transaction reversed and redeposited into Cryptsy.

Thank you.
DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:57:27 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 12:52:56 PM by DreamSpace

Hi Mullick,

i sended you a pm, because i had a negative balance after i withdraw Nxt, i bought me free (from the negative balance), but i still want my missing Nxt back.
I contacted the support but honestly it looks like nothing happens.

Thank you
best regards
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:20:00 AM

i have been trying to withdraw for a month. i can receive plenty of support emails but no emails to confirm my withdraw. this is the most frustrating experience i have ever had with crypto. Every other exchange has been great to me I use 5 .I hope you guys can get it together for me I am really tired of talking to support about it. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:30:34 AM

Oh thanks issues are fixed.

best regards
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:29:44 PM

Couple of questions.

1- Do we have to be verified to trade at cryptsy now?
You know, will it eventually get to the point where non-verified accounts aren't allowed to trade at all?
Not currently in the plan

2- When I was trying to refresh the page at cryptsy, I got this message:
Access Denied
Error code 17
Most likely a session collision multiple browser windows just close them all and try again

This request was blocked by the security rules

I haven't verified my account, so I thought maybe that was why I got banned?
Other than that, I don't do anything that would be a security risk, as far as I know.
Can you please explain what are security risks?
The ban didn't allow me to access cryptsy to even try and log in. it was an ip ban.
Please let me know what is going on. thanks.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:29:59 AM

Unbelievable!!! Cryptsy is now giving away the 5000 shares they said they won't sell. Further devaluing the MN2 market after lying about opening before 10,000 shares being sold. Even if Cryptsy could legally own the shares after they stated the increments we buy in at, to give these shares away is like handing off stolen property to someone for the price of a Cryptsy Point. Which is technically owned by Cryptsy so in essence Cryptsy is Selling the Shares that they stated would not be sold.

It just keeps getting worse with MN2. Do the right thing right now Cryptsy! Divide the Dividend by 5,000 instead of 10,000 then all your troubles go away and you can buy and give away as many MN2 shares as you want at that point.

I am in awe of your stupidity if you don't take my advice. Since you are doing business in the US. Halving the shares takes legal liability off your shoulders since there were 5000 shares sold legally just divide by that now. See how simple it is? Too simple probably huh... 
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 01:15:17 PM

Unbelievable!!! Cryptsy is now giving away the 5000 shares they said they won't sell. Further devaluing the MN2 market after lying about opening before 10,000 shares being sold. Even if Cryptsy could legally own the shares after they stated the increments we buy in at, to give these shares away is like handing off stolen property to someone for the price of a Cryptsy Point. Which is technically owned by Cryptsy so in essence Cryptsy is Selling the Shares that they stated would not be sold.

It just keeps getting worse with MN2. Do the right thing right now Cryptsy! Divide the Dividend by 5,000 instead of 10,000 then all your troubles go away and you can buy and give away as many MN2 shares as you want at that point.

I am in awe of your stupidity if you don't take my advice. Since you are doing business in the US. Halving the shares takes legal liability off your shoulders since there were 5000 shares sold legally just divide by that now. See how simple it is? Too simple probably huh... 

Tripling random deposits is much more complicated. Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246679.msg4651337#msg4651337

Where is Horus the jdtmp4 hobo when you need him ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310335.msg4878420#msg4878420

lostshare

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:00:21 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 12:20:43 AM by lostshare

How much suck can Cryptsy suck. This was taken less than 30 minutes ago.

This has been occurring for 6 months now.

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:30:43 AM

Try a different browser, Firefox/Chrome. Double check the date on your computer so that the certificate will be valid.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:31:11 AM

This has been occurring for 6 months now.

Clear your browser CACHE
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:43:54 AM

Our webserver farm had a major outage tonight resulting in some issues on the front end. Should normalize soon all coins safe and sound.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:07:32 PM

NAUT/BTC and XLB/BTC markets added. Happy Trading!
lostshare

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:42:54 PM

Our webserver farm had a major outage tonight resulting in some issues on the front end. Should normalize soon all coins safe and sound.

So much for the clear your browser cache huh? As this is the 2nd time you've deleted my replies.

You'd think as an employee of Cryptsy, you'd be aware of server issues instead of giving out advice meant to resolve customer browser issues that don't exist.

(oh well might as well delete this one too asshole)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: