Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:45:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Calculation  (Read 242 times)
merited (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:45:23 PM

I have tried to find out trust system but I could not find it out. I have seen list of DT1 and DT2. But could not understand how calculation of trust score is working. Do you know how it is working?
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:53:48 PM
Merited by Vod (2)

I have tried to find out trust system but I could not find it out. I have seen list of DT1 and DT2. But could not understand how calculation of trust score is working. Do you know how it is working?

You might consider reading these:
Marketplace trust
Trust system - users with most trust list trust
Suggestions for computing trust scores?
Trust graph
Trust improvements
Trust vocabulary
Replacing DefaultTrust

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:09:59 AM

That's the reason why you're the opposite of your username. You don't even use "Search" in the forum.

Oh I'm sorry you're just a newbie. Maybe you just don't know what it looks like and where it is located. Just look at the top right area of the forum, it should look like this Smiley

404 Not Found
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 06:55:47 PM

That's the reason why you're the opposite of your username. You don't even use "Search" in the forum.

Oh I'm sorry you're just a newbie. Maybe you just don't know what it looks like and where it is located. Just look at the top right area of the forum, it should look like this Smiley

really - there is no fucking excuse for people to make threads without searching 1st.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
merited (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:17:42 PM

Thank you very much for providing these lists. I had read few of these and read rest of links which you provided. Sorry but still cant understand trust calculation. There might have or not but could not understand how they calculating.

Thanks for your valuable comment. I know how to search and I have searched, researched and then posted. I have posted it either I could not understand or I have not found the exact match of my question. Still I am confused how it is working.
really - there is no fucking excuse for people to make threads without searching 1st.
If anyone can create an account by himself/herself then he/she must know how to search and at the same way I know how to search. I have searched on several method eg: trust rating, trust calculation, computing trust and trust settings. It might be my fault but I could not find out my answer. And not know either I would be able to find out or not.

mdayonliner has 1 negative trust and he has -2 rating score. But you have -1 negative and +4 positive. each 1 has 2 point then you should have 6 postive score. But you have 0. I have seen 1 user who has 2 positive ratings but his score 20. In this case you should have 36 score. But you have 0. This is the question what is the method to calculate this. I think this calculation is not simple as many people think. I am really sorry to both of you (Silent26 and TMAN) that I have created  a post though I am newbie. Thanks again all who has given their valuable comments.
Silent26

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:14:29 AM

I know, but that's definitely the first reason OP will say as an excuse IMO and I just posted in advance before OP had a chance to say it. But since OP already have what he/she is looking for and he/she already knew how to use the search function. Maybe he/she can lock the thread now. Also, is this discussion really belongs here?

I am really sorry to both of you (Silent26 and TMAN) that I have created  a post though I am newbie.
It's okay for me, I just don't know what TMAN will say about it  Tongue
By the way lock the thread now OP.

404 Not Found
merited (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:26:40 AM

I know, but that's definitely the first reason OP will say as an excuse IMO and I just posted in advance before OP had a chance to say it. But since OP already have what he/she is looking for and he/she already knew how to use the search function. Maybe he/she can lock the thread now. Also, is this discussion really belongs here?
While I had created this topic I have mentioned I have tried to find out but could not find out calculation system. So, I do not need to know how to search as I already know. I need to know how to calculate. If you know then you can reply. If you don't know then no problem.

Note: once again I have searched multiple time and read multiple threads before posting the thread.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 02:12:59 PM

While I had created this topic I have mentioned I have tried to find out but could not find out calculation system. So, I do not need to know how to search as I already know. I need to know how to calculate. If you know then you can reply. If you don't know then no problem.
This should do:

The trust score numbers are now slightly different:
- The first number is the trust score.
- The second number is the number of unique users who have given that person negative feedback.
- The third number is the number of unique users who have given that person positive feedback.
- The fourth number was removed.

I also completely changed the trust score algorithm to this:
Code:
if there are no negative ratings
score = 0
for each rating, oldest to newest
if this rater has already been counted
continue
score += min(10, round_up(months since rating))
else
score = unique_positive - 2^(unique_negative)
if score >= 0
start_time = time of first negative
score = unique_positive since start_time - unique_negative since start_time
if(score < 0)
return ??? (orange)

move score to range [-9999,9999]
return score

This algorithm is a little slower than the previous one. Post here if you think you see extra slowness due to this change. Maybe I need to add extra caching to compensate.

Also post here if someone has a trust score that seems wrong.

I was going to change it so that everyone with 0 trust had orange trust, but I decided that this looked bad and changed it back.

Trust system is a little complicated to understand first, so you're not the only one who thinks that. There were different versions of trust system, and different types of it too. I believe these were the ones:

- Scammer(alert) system(?)

- Old Scammer Tag

- Default Trust part 1(before the algorithm change).

- Default Trust part 2

Silent26

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:05:39 PM

Note: once again I have searched multiple time and read multiple threads before posting the thread.
Oh, I'm terribly sorry. What I said is just a sarcasm. Sorry if it offended you buddy but that's not really my intention. Well, you've got enough replies that helped you out find how the Trust calculation works. mdayonliner provided links for some discussions about the topic you were seeking and pugman here provided some additional information. I won't make any further reply for now as you're question is already answered.

Please lock the thread now. Thanks and sorry again.

404 Not Found
merited (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:34:43 PM

This should do:
Thanks for your kind comment. Actually I was searching it.
Oh, I'm terribly sorry. What I said is just a sarcasm. Sorry if it offended you buddy but that's not really my intention. Well, you've got enough replies that helped you out find how the Trust calculation works. mdayonliner provided links for some discussions about the topic you were seeking and pugman here provided some additional information. I won't make any further reply for now as you're question is already answered.

Please lock the thread now. Thanks and sorry again.
Yes, received my answer. Thanks. I am locking the thread now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: