Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:55:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Should I do if my bitcoin has been stolen, and where should i complain ?  (Read 2426 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:00:13 PM

Hi Friends, actually one of my BTC address from Zebpay account having almost 0.01550 BTC has been hacked and the amount has been stolen just few days ago. The amount was not quite big for me, but i really fear about the security of holding the BTC in exchanges and now even in wallets.

I Just want to know is there any ways i can get back my BTC back to my account and also is there any website or authority who can help me out in getting back my stolen BTC, let me know about it. Also let me know what safety measurement should i take while holding my BTC in Exchanges. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, just like others have said, there is nothing you can do about it and if you are unfortunate to live in a country where it is better to say they are still in the 15th century, reporting to the law enforcements agents will only compound the problem as you will have to do more draining explanation which will cost you more and at the end, nothing will come out of it. However, if you come from countries that have advanced technologically, they might not be able to get you your coins back but it will go into records and might be relevant when decisions concerning crypto will be made.

Zeppay should be held responsible in an ideal scenario because they are the ones who asked you to trust them with your resources and if they cannot do as promised, they need to pay for it. These are the arguments haters of crypto always have and service providers would continue to give justification for it because of their deficiencies in ensuring adequate security of what was entrusted in their care.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galinskiydmitriy

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 06:13:53 PM

Unfortunately, no one will return your money. Never store your crypto currency on the exchange, as it is not safe. Buy yourself a cold purse and you have no one will steal anything.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:46:04 PM

Unfortunately you may well have lost them for good, as unless you can prove the exchange was negligent then you won't have much of a case, whilst losing any amount is never good, it could be a wake up call to thoroughly review your security, at the very least change all your passwords for very secure ones- a good tip is to pick your favorite book, chose a page number and use this and a few words from  a sentence on that page along with its line number see example below:

93Biodiversity(p91)23 would be a good password-ps this was taken from my kids science textbook as closest to hand. You can mark the page so you don't forget it.

Oh and in case any one has evil intentions- this was created just as an example! it wont work.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
dmcx

Activity: 348
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:55:27 PM

All Bitcoin transactions are anonymous and you will not be able to find information about the person who stole your Bitcoin. There are many great exchanges that are also stolen Bitcoin but they can not do anything about these thieves. I recommend you to be more careful

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
rez303

Activity: 338

StartFi

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:57:53 PM

No one will be able to help you get your Bitcoin property stolen. This is also the main reason why Bitcoin becomes negative for the government. I recommend restricting the sharing of information about you investing and holding Bitcoin in your wallet

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
memecoin

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:59:37 PM

No one will accept your complaint. Previously, I also sent the wrong BTC to someone else's BTC address. But I can not know exactly who owns my BTC assets. So I was permanently not seeing my BTC back

Am I spamming? Report me!
ntarah langger

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:07:13 PM

I don't think there is a solution to your problem, what are the parties involved?
no, you can't sue anyone, you are your own bank.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:09:44 PM

Its a rule in the blockchain and decentralized spaces that transactions are irrevirsble . this is why the topic and issue of security is paramount. Never lose your wallet details, information to anyone. This can lead to hacking and funds will be lost which cant be traced or reversed. Take your wallet security as important as breathing is to you.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:10:26 PM

Sorry to say but i don't think there's anything that might be a help for you. Since as far as i know, once you got your wallet hacked and bitcoin stolen, there's almost no way to get it back. Unless the robber want to give it back to you, which is absolutely impossible.
If your wallet is already hacked, i suggest you make a new one, and make sure to have a stronger protection this time. Be more careful, and think what's the reason that might cause your wallet security is not safe, and try to avoid that to happen again.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
steve_rogers321

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:25:16 PM

Sorry to hear this. You should try to contact their support and if it was a fault from their end I think you might get some help from the exchange. But, if the coins were stolen because of your faults, I don't think you are every getting your coins back.
cryptofun888

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:00:53 PM

I feel very sorry for your experience. Hopefully the fault was from their side but you haven't mentioned the name of the exchange that's why I cannot really tell if they would help you with retrieving those coins or not but I think you should at least try. Otherwise, I see no hope for getting those coins back.
NevejElad

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:14:58 PM

This a very sad experienced in this business , if your bitcoin have been stolen , we can not complain anymore , it will be a waste ,because no one has regulated this kind of event, the only thing we can do not to commit again this mistakes is be cautious and safety always with our wallet and transactions.
BlackandRed654

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:44:05 PM

That’s a matter of regret for you. But the matter is your bitcoin wasn’t stolen rather your account was hacked. The amounts are already transferred to other wallets and there is nothing to do. Extremely sorry for your condition.
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:47:43 AM

Hi Friends, actually one of my BTC address from Zebpay account having almost 0.01550 BTC has been hacked and the amount has been stolen just few days ago. The amount was not quite big for me, but i really fear about the security of holding the BTC in exchanges and now even in wallets.

I Just want to know is there any ways i can get back my BTC back to my account and also is there any website or authority who can help me out in getting back my stolen BTC, let me know about it. Also let me know what safety measurement should i take while holding my BTC in Exchanges. Thanks in advance.

There is no way to retrieve the btc back if your btc has been sent, except you know the private key of the recipient address of your btc.
Seems like your wallet address private key has been exposed. You must not use that address again, otherwise your btc will be stolen again by them.
kidd07

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:04:56 AM

There is no way to retrieve the btc back if your btc has been sent, except you know the private key of the recipient address of your btc.
Seems like your wallet address private key has been exposed. You must not use that address again, otherwise your btc will be stolen again by them.
Since bitcoin is decentralized digital currency, it has hard to complain with your stolen bitcoin. Government has no control to it their is no third party involve. So if your bitcoin has stolen that is a very big problem on how and where to complain. I have a friend experienced that kind of situation and there is no way to recover the stolen bitcoin. Therefore we have to take good care of our bitcoin, keep it safe always.
johnethearn

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:09:09 PM

Well it actually depends, Sometimes it is easier to trace thieves but if thieves are smart enough and makes change in the ownership then it actually becomes quite difficult to trace the bitcoin address.
johnethearn

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:09:29 PM

It is quite impossible to get back coins if the thief makes micro payment for every bitcoin by creating script that again helps to create wallet. Again, he may can change the ownership to and then you cannot claims anymore
WolfRisk

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:47:57 PM

Bitcoins cannot be stolen. It can be transferred without your consent if someone ever gets a hold of your private key number. If that ever happens, chances are slim that your coins cannot be recovered. But you can report it to the cyber police though. So make sure your private key number remains disclosed only to you.
Fariz16

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:04:14 PM

there is nothing you can do, except to see the transaction. where your stolen bitoin is sent and make a statement that the address is someone who stole your bitcoin.
there is no official website to raise issues about bitcoin theft, we can only report the problem to the forum forum available. so that others are more careful about the theft problem.
ShiftLocker

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:07:50 PM

Bitcoin also known as BTC ha revolutionized the digital market that we see today. Just this one currency, has united the world and has make the economic conditions of the countries better. It is open for all and can be used by the people of all gender, race and class, eliminating hate and making the world a better place to live in, financially for all.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: