Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:32:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks drops hint at plans to accept Bitcoin  (Read 2544 times)
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:40:07 PM

That is true and it will push other competitors to make Bitcoin as a mode of payment. I think what the cryprocurrency market needs to be made as a payment method is backing to one of the established chain in the market and yes if Starbucks plays it correctly they will be the first ones to advertise cryptocurrency in the mainstream market.

That's is a great news if that will happen, especially if it will take place in the very near future. I say that because Starbucks is one of those big market businesses that are scattered all over the globe. Also, many people really support their products. And so, if it will begin to accept Bitcoin, then it will be a good marketing and advertising change for Bitcoin to be known by all the people who are not informed yet of the cryptocurrency market who patronizes Starbucks. That would really be a big boost for the market to keep on growing, and for sure, other business companies will follow suit, if it becomes a success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jose Rizal

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:33:23 PM

I drink Starbucks daily.  I would love to see this.  I can't imagine using Bitcoin in a scenario like this.  If this happens and other retail outlets are forced to compete Bitcoin will be accept around the world almost instantly.  Very exciting.  I hope it happen soon.

This is one of the reason why Starbucks will come up to the acceptance of Cryptocurrency in which people of nowadays were very conduxtive regarding whaf is Bitcoin all about and if this will happened I think many customers will purchased their products and the more that they have engaged to change the more they will be inline to the well known entities who risk to try Bitcoin transactions.

code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:49:26 PM

given the Commission and long transactions I'm interested in how this issue will solve Starbucks
katak mercat

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:09:45 AM

this is the first step towards a bright crypto future, not just bitcoin, even now there are several altcoins operating in hotels and restaurants, they create payment tools, he also makes applications that include prices so that consumers will not be deceived by restaurant owners or hotels.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:37:42 AM

Back in May, reports surfaced that New York Stock Exchange owner Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) was developing a Bitcoin trading platform. This morning, it officially announced the creation of Bakkt, a new company that will help trade and convert the best known cryptocurrency to fiat money — government-backed legal tender.

As one might expect from a new company with close ties to the NYSE, Bakkt has enlisted some big names already, including backing from Microsoft, Starbucks and BCG. Microsoft, for its part, will provide cloud infrastructure for the service. Even more compelling, however, is the involvement of Starbucks.

After all, the coffee giant has played an outsized role in helping mainstream mobile payments among the U.S. population, it has worked with Square (which accepts Bitcoin) and it just announced a deal with Alibaba in China for coffee deliveries. The chain isn’t always the first to adopt payment solutions, but its involvement goes a long ways toward legitimizing technologies among the public. If played right, this could be the push Bitcoin as a payment system for mainstream consumers here in the States.

In a statement, Starbucks referred to itself as “the flagship retailer” involved in the project, hinting at the very real potential that the company is setting itself up to accept Bitcoin converted through the Bakkt system.

“As the flagship retailer, Starbucks will play a pivotal role in developing practical, trusted and regulated applications for consumers to convert their digital assets into US dollars for use at Starbucks,” said Starbucks Payments VP Maria Smith said in the statement. “As a leader in Mobile Pay to our more than 15 million Starbucks Rewards members, Starbucks is committed to innovation for expanding payment options for our customers.”

Bakkt’s implications go well beyond mobile payments, of course. As Fortune notes, the system could help attract investors who have been put off by Bitcoin’s extremely volatile nature. Among other things, it could help make the currency a safer choice for 401(k)s, IRAs and other retirement plans. That, in turn, could help propel Bitcoin toward wider Wall Street trading.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/03/starbucks-drops-major-hint-at-plans-to-accept-bitcoin/

Purchasing a cup of coffee via bitcoin might materialize faster than anyone had thought.

I like the idea of starbucks embracing bitcoin. It is known some starbucks function almost exactly like homeless shelters. Adopting bitcoin could put crypto currencies into the hands of where its needed in terms of helping the poor, the unbanked, those who can't afford the minimum balance on a bank account or have trouble obtaining debit cards or credit cards to make electronic transactions. Over the long term this could help people to find jobs to give them more options and opportunities which could help them to escape poverty and elevate their standard of living. Which in turn could help reduce crime and negative trends associated with violence.

The point @ the bottom about making bitcoin a safer choice for 401k's, IRAs and retirement plans is interesting. I've wondered if bitcoin and crypto currencies in general could have future potential for retirement funds due to them being designed to appreciate in value over time. An asset which appreciates in value could help to offset increasingly higher costs associated with higher average lifespan. It could imply crypto has potential there.
That’s a really good news for the cryptocurrency community, that’s if they are really going to do that, because most of the promising news I have been seeing ever since I got into this community all ended up as fake and never happened. But if this will really happen, then we will just watch as many people gets to accept Bitcoin and also start to make use of it. This is very good.
cabrakaned

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:29:06 AM

Back in May, reports surfaced that New York Stock Exchange owner Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) was developing a Bitcoin trading platform. This morning, it officially announced the creation of Bakkt, a new company that will help trade and convert the best known cryptocurrency to fiat money — government-backed legal tender.

As one might expect from a new company with close ties to the NYSE, Bakkt has enlisted some big names already, including backing from Microsoft, Starbucks and BCG. Microsoft, for its part, will provide cloud infrastructure for the service. Even more compelling, however, is the involvement of Starbucks.

After all, the coffee giant has played an outsized role in helping mainstream mobile payments among the U.S. population, it has worked with Square (which accepts Bitcoin) and it just announced a deal with Alibaba in China for coffee deliveries. The chain isn’t always the first to adopt payment solutions, but its involvement goes a long ways toward legitimizing technologies among the public. If played right, this could be the push Bitcoin as a payment system for mainstream consumers here in the States.

In a statement, Starbucks referred to itself as “the flagship retailer” involved in the project, hinting at the very real potential that the company is setting itself up to accept Bitcoin converted through the Bakkt system.

“As the flagship retailer, Starbucks will play a pivotal role in developing practical, trusted and regulated applications for consumers to convert their digital assets into US dollars for use at Starbucks,” said Starbucks Payments VP Maria Smith said in the statement. “As a leader in Mobile Pay to our more than 15 million Starbucks Rewards members, Starbucks is committed to innovation for expanding payment options for our customers.”

Bakkt’s implications go well beyond mobile payments, of course. As Fortune notes, the system could help attract investors who have been put off by Bitcoin’s extremely volatile nature. Among other things, it could help make the currency a safer choice for 401(k)s, IRAs and other retirement plans. That, in turn, could help propel Bitcoin toward wider Wall Street trading.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/03/starbucks-drops-major-hint-at-plans-to-accept-bitcoin/

Purchasing a cup of coffee via bitcoin might materialize faster than anyone had thought.

I like the idea of starbucks embracing bitcoin. It is known some starbucks function almost exactly like homeless shelters. Adopting bitcoin could put crypto currencies into the hands of where its needed in terms of helping the poor, the unbanked, those who can't afford the minimum balance on a bank account or have trouble obtaining debit cards or credit cards to make electronic transactions. Over the long term this could help people to find jobs to give them more options and opportunities which could help them to escape poverty and elevate their standard of living. Which in turn could help reduce crime and negative trends associated with violence.

The point @ the bottom about making bitcoin a safer choice for 401k's, IRAs and retirement plans is interesting. I've wondered if bitcoin and crypto currencies in general could have future potential for retirement funds due to them being designed to appreciate in value over time. An asset which appreciates in value could help to offset increasingly higher costs associated with higher average lifespan. It could imply crypto has potential there.
Starbucks is the best coffee producer and the most standard place over my region to have a cup of coffee. They are much more advanced and they do like to go into the technical world so i knew that some or the other day they might accept bitcoins as a mean of payment. This is really great for them as well as the community members because it would boost the use and regulations of bitcoins.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:22:00 AM

Oh nice,, so how’s that’ going to work… we stand in line and use our phones to make payment to their Bitcoin wallet address? Lol, who’s ready to waste such time these days when they got a lot of work to do for the day? Some of you just think all these makes sense but they don’t.

Bitcoin is just good to be used online and apart from that I don’t see any other good way, we can’t forcing ourselves to use it physically when it’s never meant to be that way.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:19:24 AM

the good news is, I hope the rate of payment will be as fast as the rate of spread of this news)
So it’s not that fast because I haven’t heard any news again about it? Haha. Kidding. I hope they easily accept bitcoin everywhere. Probably in my country, it’s not that fast to be applied.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:55:12 AM

This topic has been around for over a month now and we have seen nothing new from starbucks about bitcoin at all.
I mean I understand that in the business world things go a little slower than usual and specially when compared to fast pace movements of bitcoin and crypto the corporations takes actions quite slowly however I would have at least expected some sort of press release or something.

This silence and indifference towards the topic from starbucks makes me start to think maybe they were not interested in it at all, maybe this was all just a news media making stuff up to sell few more papers ? I do not know but I am losing hope every day.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:08:14 PM

If Starbucks pulls this off it will be the next trendy social techy thing around. We all
know how people love starbucks, and just to be seen in any of their establishments
is a social thing to some people. Good coffee and bitcoin will be quite a fuzz. It's
also gonna boost bitcoin's popularity and reach, a lot of people are gonna be having
coffee at any starbucks when bitcoin prices soar up, assuming bitcoin as a mode
payment is implemented.
alizalela7

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:10:34 PM

What happens if Starbucks agrees to accept bitcoin payments, and bitcoin or bitcoin buyers can pay a bitcoin for Starbucks products? i want starbucks accept bitcoin
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:14:01 PM

Starbucks accepts bitcoin, it's a potential market for bitcoin as well as it will make bitcoin more attractive to investors as well as boost the market for bitcoin. i hope Starbucks accepts bitcoin soon
Yeah, it is indeed a potential market and also a very good start. This is actually some of the things we have been looking forward to in which people get to use the main part of the value bitcoin creates as a currency and better means of payment than just a speculative asset.

With more merchants like Starbucks accepting this mode of payment, I believe a lot of mindset will start changing, we will start seeing more adoption and then we will get to see a more matured market quickly.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:44:41 AM

Oh nice,, so how’s that’ going to work… we stand in line and use our phones to make payment to their Bitcoin wallet address? Lol, who’s ready to waste such time these days when they got a lot of work to do for the day? Some of you just think all these makes sense but they don’t.

Bitcoin is just good to be used online and apart from that I don’t see any other good way, we can’t forcing ourselves to use it physically when it’s never meant to be that way.
Maybe you missed this part of where the article stated; "As the flagship retailer, Starbucks will play a pivotal role in developing practical, trusted and regulated applications for consumers to convert their digital assets into US dollars for use at Starbucks,”.
Apparently, you cannot expect something to be worked out in that perspective to make things a lot easier when it comes to being able to pay without causing any head ache or thereabout. It is a good start as far as I am concerned and a very welcome development and it does not make any sense trying to paint the idea to be a wrong one.

dulinivanrus

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 06:18:44 PM

I think that this is the right decision for this progressive company as it will attract customers and give even more interest in the restaurant chain !

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:38:42 PM

This needs to gain more traction. If starbucks starts accepting bitcoin it would be monumentally favorable for both.

Starbucks in our local cities are always already full. Can you imagine how much more people would go and fill up the starbucks stores when news like this comes out? I imagine the publicity would be really good for starbucks and at the same time would help prove bitcoin and crypto's use case.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 03:00:03 AM

This needs to gain more traction. If starbucks starts accepting bitcoin it would be monumentally favorable for both.

Starbucks in our local cities are always already full. Can you imagine how much more people would go and fill up the starbucks stores when news like this comes out? I imagine the publicity would be really good for starbucks and at the same time would help prove bitcoin and crypto's use case.
Has it been implemented? I'm curious since our Starbucks here in the country still don't accept cryptocurrency as a way of payment.
There are always people going into Starbucks either to meet with people or just plain chill with it, I agree that a lot of people would know
more about Bitcoin and especially would be curious again, not just a thing to scam people or something.

I think that this is the right decision for this progressive company as it will attract customers and give even more interest in the restaurant chain !
When Starbucks starts to accept this, it would be a game changer that it would make other restaurants want to get in with the action too.
It's just about time when it goes live and with that, it could give more attention and more people to come in, mutually beneficial. The thing is,
when something starts accepting, all the others would follow. Hopefully, that's the catch.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 03:14:21 AM

This would be good publicity for bitcoin seeing that more companies are adopting it as payment option. If this would become true then the bitcoin community would go bigger and more companies would consider adopting it. However, they should be able to plan it out carefully due to the volatility of the price.

They may immediately convert it to fiat after receiving so that they wouldn't be affected by the rapid price movements. It would be an additional expense for them though if they would be converting it every time.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:46:39 AM

This would be good publicity for bitcoin seeing that more companies are adopting it as payment option. If this would become true then the bitcoin community would go bigger and more companies would consider adopting it. However, they should be able to plan it out carefully due to the volatility of the price.

They may immediately convert it to fiat after receiving so that they wouldn't be affected by the rapid price movements. It would be an additional expense for them though if they would be converting it every time.

Yeah, it will be a good publicity as we all know that Starbucks is a whole wide brand. However, I believed that there's a lot of hurdles for them before they accept it. Maybe if we can see LN being used or implemented other merchants will began to accept bitcoin readily otherwise, they need to go to a global bitcoin payment service provider like BitPay.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
vixcious

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:20:17 AM

I think that's a good choice for them. Because Starbucks usually serves upstream customers and many of them will use bitcoin pretty much. So I think that the fact that they set the bitcoin payment strategy can attract more people and can hold more bitcoin.

strideynet

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:16:47 PM

the good news is, I hope the rate of payment will be as fast as the rate of spread of this news)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: