Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:33:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks drops hint at plans to accept Bitcoin  (Read 2551 times)
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:48:18 PM

As the launching of Bakkt delays to early 2019, we'd likely to see Starbucks payable by crypto with a bit of delay.
Still looking forward to it. =)

Still looking for more positive results after this big company adopt the system and succeed, as we do knew that thee market of this leading coffee shop already caters  most well known countries the success will be a symbol that company / businesses can use this currency without having any problem is
all about how they will implement inside the market.
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 04:52:37 PM

If this is true, it will be very cool. Bitcoin has long been in need of use in the real sector of the economy. Only in this way can he gain real power and influence in the financial world. The strength of any currency lies in its purchasing power and stability. These are the main components of success any money. If you can buy a product or service anywhere in the world and at the same time quickly and without commission, then you do not need to buy different currencies. You can only have one currency. If Bitcoin will be introduced into the real economy, then over time, it simply will not remain competitors.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
yanesna3

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:41:17 AM

As a cryptocurrency user where we can use it in the real world of course very happy even though the store was not in our area. Very few companies or stores use bitcoin as their payment, starbucks plans to use bitcoin as their payment hopefully can make bitcoin is better known throughout the world. Why not? Starbucks is big companies, their outlets widespread in some countries.
currently starbuck is like it is in all countries, of course this is a positive step to start everything. but I am still confused with a country that still rejects bitcoin, of course starbucks must follow the rules in that country and the bitcoiners cannot use it in that country, hopefully all countries will soon be able to accept it.

As I remember, Starbucks said that all the information about the possible usage of Bitcoin by the company was fake. Actually, even if it is true, I do not care. I can live with it.
Rrotess

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:44:09 AM

I drink Starbucks daily.  I would love to see this.  I can't imagine using Bitcoin in a scenario like this.  If this happens and other retail outlets are forced to compete Bitcoin will be accept around the world almost instantly.  Very exciting.  I hope it happen soon.

Thou, bitcoin is known around the world, all I can say is that we should still preserve this kind of stuff. Not everything can be handled by bitcoin. It is good to innovate but come to think of it, old habits die hard... I think that it will be a big change for the customers..
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:58:39 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2018, 01:20:59 PM by KesoNie

I drink Starbucks daily.  I would love to see this.  I can't imagine using Bitcoin in a scenario like this.  If this happens and other retail outlets are forced to compete Bitcoin will be accept around the world almost instantly.  Very exciting.  I hope it happen soon.

Thou, bitcoin is known around the world, all I can say is that we should still preserve this kind of stuff. Not everything can be handled by bitcoin. It is good to innovate but come to think of it, old habits die hard... I think that it will be a big change for the customers..
well that good to hear if Starbucks give hint about the accepting in bitcoin, so I think if some store is also accept bitcoin surely it will become more valuable and become more popular. Also if many popular store accept bitcoin then possible those same popular store will also planning to accept once they knew that it easy to used.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:45:55 AM

I hope other companies will also follow if Starbucks finally accepted bitcoin as one of theirmethod of payment. Starbucks has also numerous store outlets here in our country and crypto users are willing to use their coins as payment. Other merchants are still reluctant in accepting bitcoin of its high volatility and fast price fluctuation. This kind of volatility should be address first to avoid further problems in the future.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:08:41 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2018, 03:46:53 PM by justspare

These news no longer make any sense to me, you know why? Because majority of them are fake. I have been seeing dumb news like this everyday like Facebook creating their own cryptocurrency and all sort of stupid news that are not making any sense, including Amazon accepting cryptocurrency, but at the end they never happen. So this is not going to work, even if it works, it makes no sense to me.

I hope other companies will also follow if Starbucks finally accepted bitcoin as one of theirmethod of payment.
Yes, that will be the interrelated event which will be to triggering more merchants to start adopting bitcoin as their one of payment option. In the past, when Microsoft added bitcoin as one of payment option (and then removed), it got a lot of media attention and promoted bitcoin to rest of the world more effectively. I'm looking for another similar news at any time soon, if it is from Starbucks then that will be really great.
cctv0

Activity: 344

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:28:34 AM

This is not a rare boon. I don't think Starbucks will affect the cryptocurrency market. In the future, more companies will support cryptocurrencies. Now it only takes time to wait. The cryptocurrency takes off when Apple supports cryptocurrency

jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:58:03 AM

More companies like starbucks are also planning to use bitcoin as one of their mode of payment and this will help boost its adoption. Despite of the cryptocurrency's volatility, many online shops and merchants are still accepting bitcoin and other top altcoins and I think this will also speed up the full implementation of the so called cashless society.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
cryptomax217

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:12:01 AM

it's already december and seems that is has not materialized yet.  will be convenient if it was true.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:52:55 AM

it's already december and seems that is has not materialized yet.  will be convenient if it was true.

If we will read the title carefully , it say it is only a hint which also means it is not yet offical .  or maybe the news was hoax , thats why the plan was didnt started  .

More companies like starbucks are also planning to use bitcoin as one of their mode of payment and this will help boost its adoption. Despite of the cryptocurrency's volatility, many online shops and merchants are still accepting bitcoin and other top altcoins and I think this will also speed up the full implementation of the so called cashless society.

Yeah i did notice it .  on our country , many shops and local caffe's are now slowly teaming up with cryptos but even if many counries will follow this idea , i wont believe that it can terminate the use for cash  .

Cashless society is only an expression where people like to use online payment methods or e currencies but that does not mean that cash will be extinct permanently .
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:01:55 AM

As a cryptocurrency user where we can use it in the real world of course very happy even though the store was not in our area. Very few companies or stores use bitcoin as their payment, starbucks plans to use bitcoin as their payment hopefully can make bitcoin is better known throughout the world. Why not? Starbucks is big companies, their outlets widespread in some countries.
currently starbuck is like it is in all countries, of course this is a positive step to start everything. but I am still confused with a country that still rejects bitcoin, of course starbucks must follow the rules in that country and the bitcoiners cannot use it in that country, hopefully all countries will soon be able to accept it.

As I remember, Starbucks said that all the information about the possible usage of Bitcoin by the company was fake. Actually, even if it is true, I do not care. I can live with it.
this is a great way for us to develop because starbucks helps our work become lighter with the existence of bitcoin not complicated to use this banknote or debit card to spread all starbucks all over the world
BertoloyBTC

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:08:27 PM

The starbucks drop its hint of planning to accept bitcoin, there are maybe reasons that make the starbucks company not yet ready to adopt bitcoin , maybe their system are not yet ready or prepared for bitcoin acceptance.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:12:13 PM

If this is materialized it would certainly create a new demands for bitcoin which could increase usage and its price. The problems with stability might have an effect on bitcoin usage like in this concept but should they continue doing as such it might just attract new costumers. It is worth trying though this is business and risk is always part of it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: