Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:42:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks Plans to Support Bitcoin Payments Later This Year  (Read 502 times)
treetoneman

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:14:33 AM

Sturbucks is an another big player that wants to enter cryptocurrency market. Informations are really bullish right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:34:03 AM

Brace yourselves fellow coffee addicts. We can now drink our favorite iced coffee or even pay for everything we eat in Starbucks for they are already accepting bitcoin as payment. This is one way of making bitcoin and other cryptos go into mainstream. We need big companies adopting to crypto for it to be known to public. Hope that in the near future every business establishment will make list bitcoin as one of the mode of payments for items purchased. I can't wait to try it out myself. Looking forward for this to take effect asap.

https://toshitimes.com/starbucks-to-support-bitcoin-payments-this-year/

Do you think this adoption will increase the value of bitcoin? Does this really have huge impact on the performance of bitcoin in the crypto market?

Another huge company wants to support bitcoin so it is a good news from all of us. If that happens, many people can pay bills in Starbucks using bitcoin. It is another evidence that bitcoin popularity is rising because a huge company knows bitcoin.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:41:19 AM

If this is true then it will be a big leap for cryptocurrency. If a big company like Starbucks starts accepting bitcoin as payments, it is only a matter of time before the other big companies start using bitcoin as well. Perhaps this will even help the world know about this digital currency.
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:22:18 PM

KFC already accepts bitcoin right? Starcbucks plans to support bitcoin payment later in this year? oh yeah, this is another good news either. let's move like this. we can change the world.Crypto is the future

so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:30:42 PM

No, guys it is not happening. Starbucks clarified that they won't accept digital payments such as bitcoin. OP needs to distinguish a rumor or a real news. Though, they said that they continue to talk with customers about this so I hope you guys that has bitcoins will visit Starbucks so we can increase bitcoin awareness when it finally happens.

While they have still not decided upon the use of bitcoin as a payment method, but they are actually encouraging the use of cryptos. Although their method of exchange still involves turning bitcoin into fiat. It is providing some level of validation to cryptos in general.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:39:38 PM

If starbucks will join crypto then for sure this will help crypto to be more popular so it will help it to develop more and faster. It is a good sign

The best is yet to come!
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:20:19 AM

Starbucks has set a good example for other firms, corporations, organizations. When such well-known firms like Starbucks recognize Bitcoin and start accepting it as payment it becomes mainstream. I hope that other owners of large companies will begin to integrate Bitcoin into their payment policies.
Testament28

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:27:18 AM

This is really a big step forward for both bitcoin and starbucks! Imagine a famous coffee shop teaming-up with the most dominant cryptocurrency ever existed? I'm pretty sure other big companies will follow starbucks' big step to success.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 09:33:06 AM

I have read this on a news that they will accept bitcoin but days after, I have read again that they will not accept anymore. Which is which??

Anyway if this will happen, I think they must accept bitcoin if the Lightning Network is used publicly already or instead of accepting bitcoin, they will accept other crypto coins that is faster or they will create a new coin like Mcdo has done.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MaxApple147

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:52:53 AM

It seems that Starbucks really wanted to support bitcoin because first they decided that they will accept bitcoin and now they wanted to support in the payment system.
edzleochico6

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:11:47 AM

The fact that Starbucks will accept Bitcoin as a means of payment is a significant development. The Seattle-based coffee chain had more than 27,000 stores worldwide in 2017, meaning that this will create a huge foundation to propel cryptocurrency adoption and usage even further.
suse100

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:25:43 AM

A lot of such news in recent moths, which is very positive for the crypto. Not pleased only that most of such news contains the word "plans". You can plan for a very long time and so do nothing
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:56:38 AM

I'm really surprised and become very pleased by witnessing the support that starbucks start or planning to provide to bitcoin really thanks to starbucks.
Nicole Dias

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:37:58 AM

That's great idea! Be an idol of this labels, I am very satisfied to hear this notify. Starbucks's plan will abrigde some steps in paying bills. In an other hand, if a giant company like this starts to accept Bitcoins,I think it will sooner become a major currency all in the world.
Gregory Brown

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:44:18 AM

If Starbucks's plan is successful, it will get a huge benefit from Bitcoin. Besidesin crypto industry, you can see some new step-taking. Starbucks is making effords for others companies accessing more about BTC. I hope that Bitcoin will be support from many companies like Starbucks in order that this cryptocurrency can be an international currency all around the world.
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:18:58 AM

Brace yourselves fellow coffee addicts. We can now drink our favorite iced coffee or even pay for everything we eat in Starbucks for they are already accepting bitcoin as payment. This is one way of making bitcoin and other cryptos go into mainstream. We need big companies adopting to crypto for it to be known to public. Hope that in the near future every business establishment will make list bitcoin as one of the mode of payments for items purchased. I can't wait to try it out myself. Looking forward for this to take effect asap.

https://toshitimes.com/starbucks-to-support-bitcoin-payments-this-year/

Do you think this adoption will increase the value of bitcoin? Does this really have huge impact on the performance of bitcoin in the crypto market?

Hopefully in my country also. Starbucks can accept bitcoin as payment. I drink coffee in their store every week but I cannot see that they accept bitcoin payment. Sometimes, cash is not available to me by the end of the week because my salary was sent every Monday or Wednesday. I go to the mall every weekends and visit their store. So, it is better if they can accept bitcoin as payment specially in my country.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 07:32:54 AM

I think, this is good news. Hopefully this can be a trigger for other companies, to follow the steps taken by Starbucks. So that later it can further increase the popularity of bitcoin and altcoin. Until finally, slowly but surely will affect the market price
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:46:16 AM

Starbucks accepting crypto is like Amazon and eBay accepting crypto - will be a great step for increasing crypto adoption.
samuelmanta

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:30:18 PM

Some large companies now feel the desire to adopt bitcoin as a means of payment even though they provide conditions for payment to choose a wallet as they wish.
One of them is Starbucks as a company that adopts technology and is open to the application of new technology, which already has many branches and I think that will affect the circulation of bitcoin.
We just need patience until the market gets better.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:42:48 PM

Starbuck sis the good store, they always follow the technology and the trend, and maybe the bitcoin and cryptocurrencies can be the one of their plan, maybe in the next time they should make their own coin, so with that coin we can buy some coffee and get some benefit if we use the coin for buy in Starbucks, like a loyalty points or something else

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: