Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:30:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] ! First Live, working, wonderful LiteCoin Pool! LTC! >1 Mhash  (Read 11737 times)
wannaBhacker (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 05:31:36 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2011, 01:56:37 PM by wannaBhacker

Sheesh... took long enough to figure out wtf I was doing wrong on the easy_target. Sorry about that.

http://184.107.145.244

Okay, We've got Longpolling enabled, stats are delayed 5 minutes.

Registration is simple. Submit a litecoin address. That is your LOGIN name. No password required. Password is required for changing your minimum payouts and making an instant payout. Passwords are double sha'd salt and peppered. I would still not recommend using a password you use on other sites.

The address you sign up with is where payments will go. You CANNOT change this later.

Your worker names are your LTCADDRESS_1:1 through 9 (LTCADDRESS_9:9) No worker registration required. If you need more workers, please register another account.

I do have some built in precautions against botnets. If you have a high number of IP's going at one account, please contact me first.

and FYI! While typing this, we just found our first block after I made the easy_target changes!!! We've found about 10 blocks now.

Payouts are made after your payment threshold that you set is met and after the block has matured 120 confirmations. You can request an instant payment any time.

The pool currently charges a 5% fee. I was worried about orphans, but so far, none. Difficulty looks like it is strong enough now.

If BTC-E doesn't implement quickly, my next project is a quick BTC TBX LTC exchange.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saethan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 05:40:12 PM

Just curious, is this built off of the tenebrix mod of pushpoold?
wannaBhacker (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 05:56:12 PM

Just curious, is this built off of the tenebrix mod of pushpoold?

This is artforz's pushpool fork. Same as simplecoin as far as I'm aware.

Update real quick, I restarted pushpoold a couple of times to take off the higher level of logging and reboot the machine real quick. Should be set now.

Take your -s setting away from 2-6 or whatever and change it to at least 30 seconds or more. Pushpool is enabled. So if you are constantly requesting work, the botnet protection I have, you'll probably get banned automatically. Push your request work rate back a bit and we'll all have fun.

I mentioned we found a block while I was typing the announcement, hoping for more soon.

The hash rate displayed on the website, isn't right. I'm checking my formulas and fixing that. The pretty stuff will get fixed as we go. The core stuff is running fancy.

Remember * I've had this asked several times in PM and in the threads. "FOUND" on the pool doesn't mean you found a 50 LTC block. It means you found a lower difficulty share. Your shares / pool shares is your percentage of the block once it is found. I'll toss this in the FAQ's and some other things in a bit.
wannaBhacker (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 07:19:21 PM

4 more blocks found since my last post.

I update the stats page a little. I removed the Mhash references. Sorry. I fixed the Khash calculation. It was about 4 times too high before.

Changed stats update to every 5 minutes instead of every 15 for now.

And round shares, from the block stats... well, each block was overwriting all the previous info. I'll try and update all of that and get the original numbers on there. The data is still in the db, just will take a minute.

PM me with any issues, ideas, comments, etc.

Is this good enough support for litecoin that I can get the japanese scammer tag added to that kids signature?
spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 07:22:36 PM

what is the port to be used for mining ?

michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 07:27:35 PM

Isn't it strange how people will solomine bitcoins for a week and not be frustrated, but solomine LTC's for 10 minutes and you think something is wrong when they haven't found anything.
wannaBhacker (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 07:30:02 PM

what is the port to be used for mining ?

IP: 184.107.145.244   Port: 8332   connect your miners there.

spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 07:34:07 PM

Thanks mining started . Now total active workers 45 and 666 kH/s (half evil  Wink ) !!

michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 07:48:00 PM

Works, but I think you're overestimating my khash/sec by more than a factor of 2.
wannaBhacker (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 07:58:08 PM

Works, but I think you're overestimating my khash/sec by more than a factor of 2.

I'm tweaking it right now. I need to sit down and figure out the math. It's a rolling 5 minute period for estimation of stats based on how many shares are submitted. A good 5 minute period will make you look like you are stronger than you are. Bad period, will be weak. Overall, should average out.

FAQ update with this and some other questions I've been getting.
N.Olmos

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 08:12:56 PM

Hi everyone,

Complete noob to pool mining. Can someone help?

Which program do I use for pool mining? Windows client binary, daemon, litecoin-windows-miner-10-10-2011.zip (crashes on me) or something else?

Which file do I have to configure? Where do I put my information? I have already registered.

Thanks everyone.

n.olmos

Refer friends and earn 25%!

http://offers.coinad.com/?r=3
wannaBhacker (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 08:18:17 PM

Hi everyone,

Which program do I use for pool mining? Windows client binary, daemon, litecoin-windows-miner-10-10-2011.zip (crashes on me) or something else?

Which file do I have to configure? Where do I put my information? I have already registered.

Thanks everyone.

n.olmos

I'm not going to be able to help you so much. Some of the fish in here don't play with windows very much. I can give you step by step build instructions if you want to dual boot into linux. But if the windows daemon is crashing on you, not going to be able to help you. Sorry.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 08:31:36 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone.

n.olmos

I'm not going to be able to help you so much. Some of the fish in here don't play with windows very much. I can give you step by step build instructions if you want to dual boot into linux. But if the windows daemon is crashing on you, not going to be able to help you. Sorry.

I don't do windows either, but I heard windows binary crashes when you don't pass in anything. Try running "minerd.exe --help"

saethan

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 08:34:31 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone.

n.olmos

You have to make a .bat file that looks something like this:

Code:
@echo on
ECHO "Litecoin Mining Started"
ECHO.

minerd-ssse3-core2 --algo scrypt --scantime # --retry-pause 15 --threads 1 --url http://ip:port --userpass user:password

Where, in my case I'm using minerd-ssse3-core2 because it's a specific compile of minerd that's optimized for this laptop's processor using windows.  I use a totally different compile on my linux machines, each one compiled for those particular machines.

--scantime # chooses how many seconds to spend on one piece of work, can tweak it depending on if you see stales.  If you see a ton of 'boo!' coming from the minerd output, try lowering the scan time a bit.

--retry-pause  is how many seconds to wait to retry if you can't get work from the pool - if you set this low you're going to spam the pool, too high you'll miss out on possible work if there is a failed attempt to get work.  Minerd defaults to 30, I think, if this isn't set.

--threads says how many threads to use, on a dedicated miner set this to how many cores your CPU has, on non-dedicated make it your total cores minus 1 so the program doesn't take over your whole system (or use all cores but set the priority low in windows task manager)

ip/port replace with the pool's ip port  (in this case
http://184.107.145.244 which I assume is defaulting to port 9332 - different servers can change the port number if they wish, though)

I think for this pool  you'd just do --user LTCADDRESS_1:1 through 9 (LTCADDRESS_9:9) instead of --userpass

After you've made a file that looks like that, save it with a .bat extension, and run it from the directory you have minerd in.

(edited this a bit because some things I said made -no- sense xD )
N.Olmos

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 08:42:52 PM

Thanks for your help wannaBhacker, coblee, and saethan.

Lets see how it goes.

Guess its time to start using Linux. I have played a little with Ubuntu and will setup a dual boot.

n.olmos

Refer friends and earn 25%!

http://offers.coinad.com/?r=3
saethan

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 08:50:35 PM

Quick note in linux - you'd do the same thing for configuring as above, but replace the .bat with a .sh that looks like

Code:
#!/bin/bash/
minerd blah blah blah

Then run  it from command line typing ./filename.sh

You also have to make sure the .sh has 'execute' permissions, which in Ubuntu is as simple as right-clicking on the file, and setting the correct properties. (there's a checkbox that lets you make it executable, I think, not on Ubuntu atm to check)

( or you can learn the chmod command Cheesy)
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 09:29:30 PM

I love seeing
[2011-10-14 15:28:38] PROOF OF WORK RESULT: true (yay!!!)
[2011-10-14 15:28:39] LONGPOLL detected new block

That's like the 3rd block I've solved for the pool since joining.  Course, when I mine solo, it was 1 block in 24 hours.  And that an orphan. Sad
johnj

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 09:33:05 PM

I love seeing

That's like the 3rd block I've solved for the pool since joining.  Course, when I mine solo, it was 1 block in 24 hours.  And that an orphan. Sad

It's not a block.

AFAIK, when you're connected to a pool, that "true:YAY!" just confirms you submitted a valid share.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
grod

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 09:35:04 PM

I love seeing

It's not a block.

AFAIK, when you're connected to a pool, that "true:YAY!" just confirms you submitted a valid share.

Yes, and I got a longpoll a second after I submitted that share.   What are the odds that my share was the one that won it since I keep showing up in the top stats?  I'd say pretty darn high. =)
wannaBhacker (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 09:38:00 PM

Guys, just had a problem with the pool. Never had the chance to test the function to call the stats update in case one hadn't run and there was a block found. Path name was a typo and so two blocks found very quickly back to back didn't get awarded.

10702    27    10/15 12:51 am    2 Min    1    0 LTC
10700    29    10/15 12:49 am    2 Min    1    0 LTC

I am going to take the results from the previous block, 10698 for those that were connected to the pool and award those two blocks at the same ratio. That's the fairest way I can easily do it because stats had not calculated for that round, and the stats for that were in the next block.

Give me a few minutes to write the insert query. They will mature like normal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: