Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The PASCAZI Retaliation, fighting opportunists worldwide and why we applied for  (Read 4261 times)
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 06:45:52 PM

Well I feel better now knowing that you have ordained MtGox as worthy to obtain the Bitcoin trademark. How about Tradehill? CampBX? Or any one of the hundreds of Bitcoin entrepreneurs around the world?  Are they not worthy? Are they not legitimate? Are some more worthy than others? Are you worthy? If a sovereign government issues a trademark, is anyone stealing anything?  Maybe you should take Portugal to task for issuing its Bitcoin mark about 7 months ago. How dare they.  Maybe we all should just make a list of the possible legitimate parties, and then you can turn thumbs up or thumbs down as to who can own the mark? Well then it is settled. No need for all those pesky trademark offices, and lawyers and such; just sadpandatech at the head of the line with thumbs up or down.

I really don't get your point though... What should be done here?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 06:57:45 PM

Why do you all refer only to Pascazi http://www.pascazilaw.com in your release when the Portugal mark has been registered already for many months, and the German firm applied for a Community Mark (27 Countries) before you, has priority over you, and has opposed your application? You all playing some sort of game? Looking to prod the US lawyer into a lawsuit? I smell a big Rat.

Because there is a HUGE fucking difference between legitimate orgs dealing with Bitcoins registering to protect themselves and Pascuzzy whose sole intention was to STEAL it.......

And who the fuck are you anyhows? I hate people that hide behind a new name to 'make a point' on the interwebs....

Well I feel better now knowing that you have ordained MtGox as worthy to obtain the Bitcoin trademark. How about Tradehill? CampBX?
  I did not 'ordain' anyone. MY excitement is for the shear fact that someone gievs a shit enoguh to do it! 

Or any one of the hundreds of Bitcoin entrepreneurs around the world?  Are they not worthy? Are they not legitimate? Are some more worthy than others? Are you worthy? If a sovereign government issues a trademark, is anyone stealing anything?  Maybe you should take Portugal to task for issuing its Bitcoin mark about 7 months ago. How dare they.  Maybe we all should just make a list of the possible legitimate parties, and then you can turn thumbs up or thumbs down as to who can own the mark? Well then it is settled. No need for all those pesky trademark offices, and lawyers and such; just sadpandatech at the head of the line with thumbs up or down. Why the cursing? Does it make you any smarter? Does it make for a more compelling post by you? Not. Do you really care who the poster is if he/she has something interesting to say? Or even if it isn't interesting; just say jerk and move on.

Yea, well none of the other 'worthy' ones got off their fucking asses to do it!  I pushed the idea of someone, some entity to do it as some sort of co-opp/community venture way back when the Pascuzzi thing happened and not one damn 'worthy' company said a damn thing. Now, you all of a sudden want to be the spokes person for all the other 'worthy' people when someone finally does stand up do do something.

Your agenda is obvious and it fucking stinks.....

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 07:16:59 PM

We are open to questions from anyone, and will make our best to ensure everyone fully understands our goal here. While MtGox has grown quite a bit and I don't have much time to post on the forums, we are still doing our best for Bitcoin and the community. I am actually quite surprised to see how some people who were initially friendly with us are now talking about MtGox like if we were some sort of "World Company™" with only profit in mind.

I hope I still come across as friendly.  I for one am not afraid that I will ever be on the receiving end of a "for-profit trademark lawsuit" (if there ever were such a thing) at the hands of a Mark Karpeles-run MtGox.  Zero fear whatsoever.  It's just that the "world company" that comes along and buys MtGox, having noticed you're up to your ears in paperwork (AML etc.) and views this as an opportunity to take a great company into the stratosphere, and hires you on as a consultant giving you some breathing room plus the freedom to do what you really want but just don't have time for...

That "world company" might have a vision of maximally exploiting what it views as "their intellectual property".

We see it all the time in the software industry.  For a software industry that universally decries software patents and agrees things would be better if they went away, there seems to be a whole lot of software patent lawsuits going on and claims that xyz competitor stole "our technology" (e.g. Apple vs. Samsung) that serve no purpose beyond throwing a few kidney blows at the competition.  That's not something I think I'd like to see.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 08:27:17 PM

Thank you Mt.GoX.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Advocat

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 08:33:13 PM

Well I feel better now knowing that you have ordained MtGox as worthy to obtain the Bitcoin trademark. How about Tradehill? CampBX? Or any one of the hundreds of Bitcoin entrepreneurs around the world?  Are they not worthy? Are they not legitimate? Are some more worthy than others? Are you worthy? If a sovereign government issues a trademark, is anyone stealing anything?  Maybe you should take Portugal to task for issuing its Bitcoin mark about 7 months ago. How dare they.  Maybe we all should just make a list of the possible legitimate parties, and then you can turn thumbs up or thumbs down as to who can own the mark? Well then it is settled. No need for all those pesky trademark offices, and lawyers and such; just sadpandatech at the head of the line with thumbs up or down.

I really don't get your point though... What should be done here?

Easy. As I have called for: Free, open, worldwide, unlimited license to all comers, on apps and registered marks of MtGox, relating to Bitcoin. It is what they promised with their cheesy press release. Could you imagine any other company putting out such a cheesy announcement?  Torvalds did open trademark licensing starting about 15 years ago. Maybe MtGox needs someone to photocopy the LINUX trademark open license for them. It is such hard work, so complicated, so mysterious, and they are so very very busy in Japan. Not. Put up or shut up MtGox. Your excuses are pathetic. Oh, OK, sorry world, we really didn't mean a license now. Maybe some day; just hold your breath. Was it a slow news day in Japan? But don't worry you can trust MtGox. We are in it for the glory. That big fat profit, well, don't look too hard at that, it will hurt your eyes. What a joke. Boycott MtGox!
Advocat

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 08:41:47 PM

It's not MagicalTux's decision anymore, he doesn't have final say.

How so?

You are a subordinate entity under a corporation and without a doubt you answer to investors.

and I noticed just like in your customer support replies you completely ignored my still missing 96.44 BTC from the June crash.

With all due respect. Was it really a "crash"? Or did somebody say it was a crash to boost the bottom line? Those Bernie Madoff statements looked pretty real. Fooled a bunch of people; smart people; rich people. How do you know it was a crash? Because somebody told you so? Well, I'm telling you that the moon is made of green cheese. Go for that too? Whoever does, I have a bridge I'm looking to sell. It goes from Manhattan to Brooklyn, and it is pretty. Lots of "crashes" and "hacks" with this Bitcoin thing. believe then all. Some? Most? None? The one thing which is sure is that people's hard earned money disappears. Damn sure.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 10:57:07 PM

It's not MagicalTux's decision anymore, he doesn't have final say.

How so?

You are a subordinate entity under a corporation and without a doubt you answer to investors.

and I noticed just like in your customer support replies you completely ignored my still missing 96.44 BTC from the June crash.

Also, MtGox Co. Ltd. is owned 88% by Tibanne Co. Ltd., which is itself owned 100% and directed by me. We are not actively looking for investors as the income from trading is covering all our fees and allows us to do R&D.

Got a ticket id for your 96.44 BTC so I can look into that?
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 11:36:00 PM

Advocat, how can they release license to something they have no trademark rights for yet?
Advocat

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 11:54:55 PM

Advocat, how can they release license to something they have no trademark rights for yet?

Easy as pie. They convey rights to any and all marks applied for or registered by, or for, MtGox Co. Ltd. and/or Tibanne Co. Ltd., now and in the future, relating to the term Bitcoin, in any and all Nice Convention mark classifications. Done. Didn't hurt at all.
Advocat

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 03:37:10 AM

Linus Torvalds (his foundation) has been handing out licenses on LINUX for about 15 years now. What is so hard and mysterious MtGox?

Maybe we need to actually get the trademark on anything before we do something with those?

It'll take close to 6 months to get anything from that, which gives a lot of time before we can do anything at all (changing trademark owners while being in the application process is usually not a good thing).

The registration of trademark is the fruit of long talks with various members of the community. It's time consuming and funds consuming, but is required if we don't want to see things go bad. We are trying our best to help the Bitcoin world expand, and for this we need some stability and help merchants feel secure when they use the word "Bitcoin" on advertising material.

Our interest in this should be obvious enough. The more people can use Bitcoin freely, the more people will trade in and out on MtGox and other exchanges. Using the Bitcoin trademark for other purposes (forcing people using the word Bitcoin to buy a license) will most likely not result in any profit, either on short term (I don't think anyone here would be ready to use Bitcoin as a trademark) or long term (it's not a long term strategy either).
It doesn't make sense to use Bitcoin as a trademark to make money by enforcing it, but it certainly makes sense as a way to ensure everyone can adopt Bitcoin without having to worry.
Keeping the ownership of the trademark is not a requirement to achieve this goal, and we have a few more announcements that will make things easier to understand.

We are open to questions from anyone, and will make our best to ensure everyone fully understands our goal here. While MtGox has grown quite a bit and I don't have much time to post on the forums, we are still doing our best for Bitcoin and the community. I am actually quite surprised to see how some people who were initially friendly with us are now talking about MtGox like if we were some sort of "World Company™" with only profit in mind.

6+ months and counting and still no open trademark license to even look at. We did not forget.

Jimmy
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 01:56:40 AM

The process is on its way... Things does not always goes as fast we we would like, still we are happy with the actual situation and we will update you on what's going on when we will have something for you.

Cheers

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: