Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:59:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking: MtGox Now Testing Bitcoin Withdrawals  (Read 10837 times)
mtgoxtakeover

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:02:00 PM

That's the nature of Hedge Funds ! No High Profit without risk
jay519

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:03:12 PM

When my account was hacked and was emptied in July 2013, I fanatically asked MtGox for help and investigation. But every time I asked about it, I only got one sentence answer: Still investigating, like they don't really want to care. Never get any update, not even a final conclusion. I suspect their code was leaking to hackers, perhaps even intentionally by someone. It won't surprise me if they waked up one day and saw all their BTCs were gone. That is how bad I feel they handle security of their system.
traffik

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:06:17 PM

prices on gox are up.
now 223.
was 120 just yesterday
hope for all gox members that it will go up normal value.

banaltcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:07:39 PM

A Personal Message to Mark

Hi Mark

It is said, that you are afraid atm about your life. Yes, this is understandable. There are sure some nice people from good old Silk Road who have some BTC’s and money in your system. And they have their own methods of asking you for money.

But hiding and doing mysterious press releases will make situation much more worse. You will be found sooner or later and then they will punish you.

So take this offer, that professional people will help you in getting out of this situation. You can also invest some BTC’s to our account to make this happen. Me and my team here are pretty confident, that people will belive our findings.

If this situation will be handled down in a serious way, nobody will kill you.

But one thing has to be clear. You have to step down in any case.

Your time as CEO of MtGox is over. Otherwise MtGox is over. Or do you think anybody will trust you anylonger ?

So contact us and take this option.

Regards
Team MtGoxTakeover.com

death threat?

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:16:05 PM

Hedge funds also have to comply with a whole lot of regulations in order to operate legally.  You're not going to get a lot of genuine interest unless you the public backing of people with a track record and without demonstrating an ability to be compliant.  Your website doesn't demonstrate any of those things at the moment.  It's not at all persuasive in convincing people that you have any genuine contacts or ability to pull off such an idea.  

It's basically a "nobody" asking people to give him money.  Your "Message to Mark" further undermines your credibility and could be construed as a threat, blackmail or both.  A genuine hedge fund isn't going to be writing letters offering to rescue someone from nasty criminals wanting revenge. You're basically acknowledging that MtGox is used for money laundering and that you want to take over a service you know is being used for illegal purposes.  That's more than enough reason for authorities to prevent you from acquiring MtGox even if Mark was willing to sell it to you.

Go peddle your idea on the SR forums.  Maybe your "hedge fund" can rescue the dark markets while you're at it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
repentance

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:22:47 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 10:57:47 PM by repentance

haha the funniest characters get drawn out of their holes by this debacle

If you think he's bad, you should see what the various SR disasters have brought out of the woodwork.

It would be fucking hilarious if he's been stupid enough to use his real name, though.  Implying that he's sufficiently connected to major SR players that he'd be able to get them to "call off the dogs" is gonna make him one hell of a person of interest to investigators still looking for more people to prosecute in relation to SR.  Fuckwit.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

"MTGOX NOW BREAKING BITCOIN WITHDRAWALS"...sounds more appropriate thread title.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:31:33 PM

Anyone know how long an OKPAY deposit of fiat to mtgox takes?

donations not accepted
rammy2k2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:19:59 PM

why would u do that ?
nottm28

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:28:29 PM

why would u do that ?

Worth a hundred UKP to test the waters - I've done it anyway. Found another thread saying it takes 4-6 hours to show up on gox - then I'll buy 0.75 of a coin for 100 UKP - I'll let you know if I ever see the BTC...

donations not accepted
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:33:06 PM

Bull shit.

nottm28

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:36:21 PM

Bull shit.

Nice use of the English language.

[edit] It's my hundred quid - not asking you for anything...

[edit2] and bullshit is all one word my friend...

donations not accepted
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:54:19 PM

Bull shit.

Bitcoins tend to flow from weak hands to strong, and you sir, have balls.

nottm28

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:20:38 AM

Bull shit.

Bitcoins tend to flow from weak hands to strong, and you sir, have balls.

Like my mum always taught me Yogi, you've got to be in it to win it Smiley

donations not accepted
repentance

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:29:48 AM

The only reason anyone should care if other people want to send money to MtGox is that it will allow them to operate a ponzi for longer if that's what they're actually doing now. 

If that's what people are actually worried about, then the answer is to get regulators to look into whether MtGox is in fact solvent.  That's going to have a far more immediate and greater impact on their operations than encouraging people to either boycott them or support them.  Anyone sending money to MtGox at this stage is motivated by greed and knows full well that they may never see their funds again.

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:43:50 AM

The only reason anyone should care if other people want to send money to MtGox is that it will allow them to operate a ponzi for longer if that's what they're actually doing now. 

Not true, some of us think all this insolvency talk is just FUD.

If that's what people are actually worried about, then the answer is to get regulators to look into whether MtGox is in fact solvent.

We will find out soon enough.

Anyone sending money to MtGox at this stage is motivated by greed and knows full well that they may never see their funds again.

Anyone selling at gox at theses prices are going to feel cheated when the price goes back up again.

nottm28

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:47:25 AM

If that's what people are actually worried about, then the answer is to get regulators to look into whether MtGox is in fact solvent.  That's going to have a far more immediate and greater impact on their operations than encouraging people to either boycott them or support them.  Anyone sending money to MtGox at this stage is motivated by greed and knows full well that they may never see their funds again.

Hey repentance, have you involved yourself in bitcoin for greed or are you speculating?

I have made many gambles in my efforts to mine bitcoin such as joining group buys (and wondering if my miners will ever turn up). I've made enough profit to 'speculate' my 100 UKP and I'm willing to lose it (hoping I wont). I'm clearly not the only one as the gox price is jumping up fast. I don't care about the politics of gox and how people are so 'aggrieved at the abuse of bitcoin' shown by them. I see an opportunity, I can afford the gamble. I'm not greedy, in fact I'm quite a generous human...

donations not accepted
rammy2k2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:39:34 AM

BTC @ 300$ on mtgox and 600$+ on others, good news !
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:23:40 AM

BTC @ 300$ on mtgox and 600$+ on others, good news !
Gox earned a ton of money by manipulating the market.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:27:14 AM

If they had any honesty about them...

Mark was caught with lies on a Gov form, the Feds confiscated millions of USD (last year) and now you expect him to be honest?  

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: