Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:12:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto X Change - Public message regarding alt chains  (Read 7758 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:17:33 AM

Because it happened before people just paying him up and shuting up about it... Are we supporting criminals now? Because extorsion is a crime.

So is fraud you go to push for that for CoinHunter/RealSolid as I do believe that is what the pump and dump scam he tried to get me involved in would be classified as.

Got it?

Yeah I got it your a little weasel just here to shoot your mouth off who will not address the issue at hand where you asked "Are we supporting criminals now?" where I then pointed out the above you can't have it both ways the same treatment would be deserved for both if in fact BCX did what you said I already know it is a fact on the CH/RS.

I'm certainly less of a weasel than you or CH/RS or BCX, that's for sure.
I'm not here to get rich quick by any means, like you guys.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 04:19:58 AM

I am sure that the one thing that is confirmed to hurt real bad is the tax in Australia Sad

Thats not on topic at all. Unless you are asking whether GST applies to cryptocurrencies ? Or whether the carbon tax affects mining them in Australia?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:21:16 AM

No your just a little scumbag here to spread your baseless lies, BS and mis-information and generally disrupt this forum your not fooling anyone so don't try to claim the holier than tho BS on us.

Yup, that's me.

Now, please, describe yourself...
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 04:21:25 AM

Because it happened before people just paying him up and shuting up about it... Are we supporting criminals now? Because extorsion is a crime.

So is fraud you go to push for that for CoinHunter/RealSolid as I do believe that is what the pump and dump scam he tried to get me involved in would be classified as.

Got it?

Yeah I got it your a little weasel just here to shoot your mouth off who will not address the issue at hand where you asked "Are we supporting criminals now?" where I then pointed out the above you can't have it both ways the same treatment would be deserved for both if in fact BCX did what you said I already know it is a fact on the CH/RS.

Enough with that please. Lets have a civil discussion.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:21:48 AM

I am sure that the one thing that is confirmed to hurt real bad is the tax in Australia Sad

To date nobody knows exactly how the ATO is going to treat Bitcoin income.  Australian taxation laws regarding income from hobbies (as defined by the ATO) are vastly different from those elsewhere and the majority of those trading on the exchanges may benefit from those difference.  Eventually someone will apply for a private ruling and then it will become clearer.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 04:29:38 AM

To date nobody knows exactly how the ATO is going to treat Bitcoin income.  Australian taxation laws regarding income from hobbies (as defined by the ATO) are vastly different from those elsewhere and the majority of those trading on the exchanges may benefit from those difference.  Eventually someone will apply for a private ruling and then it will become clearer.

Isnt running an exchange a service ?

The ATO classifies your company as a hobby if your turnover doesnt exceed $75,000 a year.

We still have over 30% company tax rates so yes we do pay tax on profits.

The GST just replaced sales tax. I also wonder if they will try and slap import duties and things like that on bitcoins not mined here.  Cheesy

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:32:11 AM

SAC,

Psy is purposely drawing responses from you to clutter the thread and make un-readble. PLease ignore him.

I what?

Don't be a moron. I asked a question to the OP, not to you or to SAC, and yet, both of you responded to me, so, you better put up or shut up.

One more thing: thanks for trying to control your dog, BCX...
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 04:39:14 AM

The ATO classifies your company as a hobby if your turnover doesnt exceed $75,000 a year.

The GST just replaced sales tax. I also wonder if they will try and slap import duties and things like that on bitcoins not mined here.  Cheesy

Honestly I know you were slightly joking about the import duties, but in all seriousness how do they handle fiat currency exchanges?  Do they tax incoming fiat?  If so you might not be too far off mark....

Depends if its a  commodity like gold and silver. I dont think they tax fiat currency.

Then again this is why I dont run an exchange and leave it up to the people who can  Smiley

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:50:09 AM

The exchanges themselves would definitely be classed as businesses (the actual definitions are more complex than just turnover and refer substantially to "business like activities" - so your income can be low and still classed as business income or higher and still classed as hobby) and be taxable as such.  As service providers, they'd also have a GST obligation upon reaching the threshold of $75,000 (technically they're collecting it from their customers and passing it on to the ATO as opposed to paying it themselves).

What's not clear at the moment is how the ATO will ultimately regard any income people using the exchanges make from their trading activities and what information the ATO might eventually (and I'd say this would be a fair way off - the ATO doesn't typically bring in policies which affect almost no-one) require the exchanges to disclose about their clients trading activity.  The ATO already gets information from banks about interest earned on their customers accounts (it's pre-filed on your tax return if you use e-tax), and that's likely to be extended eventually to other forms of income which people often neglect to include on their returns.  But in the short-term I don't think there are many exchange users whose trading activities would be regarded as anything other than a hobby by the ATO (meaning that income wouldn't be taxable, but nor could they claim any losses).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:04:31 AM

Because it happened before people just paying him up and shuting up about it...

Really? Any evidence?
Otherwise your accusation is libel, and you are the one that contravenes the law.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:10:05 AM

I would sure love to see how they explain the differences between mining coal and mining bitcoin to those folks at the tax department.  Should be worse than those water torture.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:10:46 AM

Really? Any evidence?
Otherwise your accusation is libel, and you are the one that contravenes the law.

Sure, take a look:

And happened with namecoin, when they paid him I dunno how many namecoins for him  not to attack the chain. search for it on the forum. Or maybe someone else will show it to you.
He also threatened doublec that he would do a 51% attack on solidcoin and double spend at his exchange, which forced doublec to close the solidcoin exchange.

This guy is an admitted criminal. He doesn't even try to hide it.
freequant

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:13:08 AM

You don't even need to mention it.
With all the time you are spending trolling here, you are a screaming antithesis of effectiveness
You aren't going to get rich that way, and it is not a question of time.
freequant

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:25:13 AM

Really? Any evidence?

Sure, take a look:
That's what I thought, you use words that you don't understand..
Maybe you can go check a definition of extorsion.
As for your screenshot, it is only a display of vested interests, and nowhere close to extorsion.

And happened with namecoin, when they paid him I dunno how many namecoins for him  not to attack the chain. search for it on the forum. Or maybe someone else will show it to you.
Really? Evidence? If it is on the forum, you should be able to find it back.
Until then, STFU.

He also threatened doublec that he would do a 51% attack on solidcoin and double spend at his exchange, which forced doublec to close the solidcoin exchange.
Again, that doesn't qualify as extorsion.

This guy is an admitted criminal. He doesn't even try to hide it.
Under which law?
So far, BCX attacks are using existing features / weaknesses in the protocols that have been put there explicitely by the designer (and the copiers). It is all legit under this framework.
At most, he is guilty of beating people at their own stupid online video game.
That won't go any far in court...
cryptoxchange (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 05:26:38 AM

So, CryptoXchange, what are you going to do when BitcoinEXpress threatens to attack your exchange like he did to others before? Or did it happened already and that's why you are posting this?

BitcoinEXpress never threatened us in any way, though we have told him that we will take any threat by anyone seriously (we know some of the alt-chain people threaten and/or attack each other). Our systems are not amateur, and any attacks against us will be investigated and reported to authorities if appropriate. But again, nobody has threatened us.

BitcoinEXpress did make very clear to us his utter antagonism toward Solidcoin, but no news there.

The only cryptocurrency we fully support and endorse is Bitcoin. As mentioned before, we may experiment with other chains if and when they seem legitimate and appealing (and we may drop them just as fast). We have no interest in Solidcoin at this time, but will be supporting litecoin and namecoin. We consider all alt-chains to be experimental.

We encourage competition between chains, and in our judgement, nothing comes close to the infrastructure, brand recognition, security, and development team of Bitcoin.

Regards,
Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:30:21 AM

You don't even need to mention it.
With all the time you are spending trolling here, you are a screaming antithesis of effectiveness
You aren't going to get rich that way, and it is not a question of time.

Don't worry, my work gets done, I get paid, I don't need to steal from others, I don't need to take money by force from others. And I'm already rich enough.
Plus, I enjoy trolling the trolls.

So, CryptoXchange, what are you going to do when BitcoinEXpress threatens to attack your exchange like he did to others before? Or did it happened already and that's why you are posting this?

BitcoinEXpress never threatened us in any way, though we have told him that we will take any threat by anyone seriously (we know some of the alt-chain people threaten and/or attack each other). Our systems are not amateur, and any attacks against us will be investigated and reported to authorities if appropriate. But again, nobody has threatened us.

BitcoinEXpress did make very clear to us his utter antagonism toward Solidcoin, but no news there.

The only cryptocurrency we fully support and endorse is Bitcoin. As mentioned before, we may experiment with other chains if and when they seem legitimate and appealing (and we may drop them just as fast). We have no interest in Solidcoin at this time, but will be supporting litecoin and namecoin. We consider all alt-chains to be experimental.

We encourage competition between chains, and in our judgement, nothing comes close to the infrastructure, brand recognition, security, and development team of Bitcoin.

Regards,
Crypto X Change

Thanks for answering.
Nesetalis

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:37:25 AM

good luck with the new Exchange!

ZOMG Moo!
Nesetalis

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:44:19 AM

now I'm just waiting for a debitcard based company backed in Bitcoin and other currencies XD
do currency exchange with bitcoin, (almost no fee!) then buy in your country of choice via normal credit/debit system.

ZOMG Moo!
freequant

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:12:07 AM

One lesson to learn from this thread : staying away from SolidCoin isn't enough to stand clear from the trolls.
SolidCoin is like CandyMan or BloodyMary : the only fact of mentionning it is a curse that will ultimately doom your thread to yet another stupid death.
Please people, forget this bad memory, and let's do like if this monstruosity never existed in first place.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:24:13 AM

One lesson to learn from this thread : staying away from SolidCoin isn't enough to stand clear from the trolls.
SolidCoin is like CandyMan or BloodyMary : the only fact of mentionning it is a curse that will ultimately doom your thread to yet another stupid death.
Please people, forget this bad memory, and let's do like if this monstruosity never existed in first place.
Thats a little bit melodramatic to say the least  Roll Eyes. How many Tenebrix do you hold Wink?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: