Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto X Change - Public message regarding alt chains  (Read 7761 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:30:51 AM

now I'm just waiting for a debitcard based company backed in Bitcoin and other currencies XD
do currency exchange with bitcoin, (almost no fee!) then buy in your country of choice via normal credit/debit system.

When I talked to Ken over at Cryptoxchange he said they has some truly innovative payment solutions coming out. I do not know if a Debit Card attached to a BTC account is one, but when an exchange does that, it's lights out for all the other exchanges.

It's very cheap and very quick to move money within Australia using conventional means, so they may well be able to develop something which merges Bitcoin with the existing (cheap) options for getting cleared funds from person A to person B from within seconds to overnight.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:35:02 AM

One lesson to learn from this thread : staying away from SolidCoin isn't enough to stand clear from the trolls.
SolidCoin is like CandyMan or BloodyMary : the only fact of mentionning it is a curse that will ultimately doom your thread to yet another stupid death.
Please people, forget this bad memory, and let's do like if this monstruosity never existed in first place.
Thats a little bit melodramatic to say the least  Roll Eyes. How many Tenebrix do you hold Wink?

A little hypocritical coming from you, since this was posted three hours ago hour ago on Solidcoin.

Take your own advice Solidcoin loser.

All you do is cause trouble and pain to others.
When will it stop?
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:38:32 AM

not necessarily lights out, but yeah... an exchange that gets a debit/credit card attached and able to handle bank like currency balances in multiple countries? delicious.

ZOMG Moo!
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:39:43 AM

our goal is to become the primary Bitcoin exchange

booo... I would prefer a goal of becoming the most reliable, secure, stable, efficient, etc bitcoin exchange, but also would rather prefer for all exchanges to strive for best reliability, best security, best stability, best efficiency, best etc and to not necessarily compete with one another for superiority but instead even helping to promote those others that are superiorly equal due to strivances for best offering of service to consumers.

However, it is not responsibility of each exchange to promote one another's established quality of service in all aspects.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 11:02:29 AM

If I had 150,000 btc or bulk amounts of any coin I wouldn't be bragging about it especially on the bitcoin forum......

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 11:20:44 AM

If I had 150,000 btc or bulk amounts of any coin I wouldn't be bragging about it especially on the bitcoin forum......

This ought to be be good, who are you talking to?

Anyone with that many coins bragging about it paints a target on their back. I dont have many coins at all so its not something I have to worry about.

Look at Allinvain , mt gox et al. Your wallet will be a juicy prize to any hacker who cares to take a shot. Did you report your bitcoin gains to the irs ? These are a couple of reasons. Im sure people here can think of more.

Its prudent to not broadcast this all over these forums.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 12:21:42 PM

This ought to be be good, who are you talking to?

Anyone with that many coins bragging about it paints a target on their back. I dont have many coins at all so its not something I have to worry about.

Look at Allinvain , mt gox et al. Your wallet will be a juicy prize to any hacker who cares to take a shot. Did you report your bitcoin gains to the irs ? These are a couple of reasons. Im sure people here can think of more.

Its prudent to not broadcast this all over these forums.

Actually yes I did pay taxes on BTC gains last year and will this year too. The SA Forum trolls already tried that threat by "Doxxing" me, never mind they weren't even close. I am audited every year anyway due to the nature of several businesses I serve as a consultant for.
Don't play with the IRS  and I keep my huge bulk on a pen drive in a safe deposit box.

They like doxxing people. I didnt enjoy it when they doxxed me either. I dont know if I would trust my coins to flash memory like a pen drive either.

freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 12:38:06 PM

They like doxxing people. I didnt enjoy it when they doxxed me either. I dont know if I would trust my coins to flash memory like a pen drive either.

Cool. Can you give the link?
I am still pretty confused with the fact you claimed to be RealSolid only to deny it later.
A nice little dox would help making you look more orthodox.
caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 01:57:54 PM

Sure, take a look:

Yes, I feel sick to my stomach.

Next time you see the greedy bitcoin express think of this:

Screw all the coins, forget fiat, forget gold, forget central banks. Forget guns and bombs and wars over oil. It's all bullshit.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 02:04:34 PM

^

Really?  WTF do starving kids have to do with a PM about a 2-week-old cryptocurrency?  TBX market depth is like what, $100?

Do you have at least $100?  Even in assets?  Yes?  Then you're just as guilty, when it comes to those poor kids.

Know what makes me sick?  Blatant attempts to guilt or inspire emotional reaction in retaliation to things which deserves neither.

If anything, you've undermined their plight by comparing it to something so trivial.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
freequant

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 02:12:36 PM

Sure, take a look:

Yes, I feel sick to my stomach.

Next time you see the greedy bitcoin express think of this:

Screw all the coins, forget fiat, forget gold, forget central banks. Forget guns and bombs and wars over oil. It's all bullshit.

So, are you going to do something about that?
If you do and you offer the proper level of transparency, I will be glad to participate at my modest scale.
In retrospect, maybe creating a giant placenta to allow the wealthy to recover their youth isn't what the world needs the most...
caston

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 02:13:10 PM

^

Really?  WTF do starving kids have to do with a PM about a 2-week-old cryptocurrency?  TBX market depth is like what, $100?

Do you have at least $100?  Even in assets?  Yes?  Then you're just as guilty, when it comes to those poor kids.

Know what makes me sick?  Blatant attempts to guilt or inspire emotional reaction in retaliation to things which deserves neither.

Ask how anyone that's invested in TBX feels about this. Even if they made money are they still happy that BEX got that ridiculous amount for free?

We are supposed to be making a credible alternative to fiat money here and as far as I can see we haven't done that.

johnj

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 02:14:08 PM

^

Really?  WTF do starving kids have to do with a PM about a 2-week-old cryptocurrency?  TBX market depth is like what, $100?

Do you have at least $100?  Even in assets?  Yes?  Then you're just as guilty, when it comes to those poor kids.

Know what makes me sick?  Blatant attempts to guilt or inspire emotional reaction in retaliation to things which deserves neither.

Ask how anyone that's invested in TBX feels about this. Even if they made money are they still happy that BEX got that ridiculous amount for free?

We are supposed to be making a credible alternative to fiat money here and as far as I can see we haven't done that.

Both points of which have nothing to do with that pic of starving kids.

You make valid points.  You lose credibility by playing an unnecessary "Think of the poor starving kids" card.

Edit: I mined 500 TBX from block 200-500.  Sold them as soon as the exchange came up.  I'm not upset.

No offense to Lolcust, but anyone who thinks a *coin with a large premine had a chance at being a 'legitimate' currency (laundry purposes are not legitimate) was fooling themselves.

caston

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

So, are you going to do something about that?
If you do and you offer the proper level of transparency, I will be glad to participate at my modest scale.

Yeah, part of my rejuvepedia project was going to help rejuvenate the land, soil and water so that people all over the world could grow enough food.

In retrospect, maybe creating a giant placenta to allow the wealthy to recover their youth isn't what the world needs the most...

It's for everyone. All people of planet earth.

caston

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 02:20:27 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2011, 02:56:00 PM by caston

You make valid points.  You lose credibility by playing an unnecessary "Think of the poor starving kids" card.

Because most of us are working hard to get out of the rat race, get out of debt, get a stable place to live etc so that then we can start helping out the rest of the people
in the world. Sure I could probably post a pic like that for anything. Like when some idiot drops 50k on a SUV.

Yes, you can argue it was uncalled for but I have already posted it and i'm not retracting it. People work really hard in shitty jobs all over the world to fund the life styles of the top 1% here. Seems to me
its just the same shit here as it is in the real world. Sad we will all be torn apart and this community will come to an end and we'll all be fighting the worlds real elites on our own.

freequant

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:08:47 PM

It's for everyone. All people of planet earth.

I'm not saying that you should not be doing what you are doing.
It's the standard in our world to somehow disregard the problem, find a justification to procrastinate, and continue doing our business as usual.
So I can't blame you not to take action right now, at least not unless I myself walk my talk, take a flight to Africa, and go help these children out of their misery
Simply, please be aware that you can't use against a single person an argument that so blatantly applies to all of us.

Hopefully distributed crypto-currencies will enable fair trade by shortcuting layers of profiteering middlemen.
But that is only if we don't fall again in the old mistake of entrusting a couple of people with the power to decide on behalf of us.
Ten98

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:44:26 PM

The Bitcoin trolls do seem to have a lot of money to throw around to get people to support the shitty altcoins they create. BTC-E has only added their currencies because they have paid them to do so. I suspect Crypto-Xchange is in the same position, being offered a large bribe to accept Litecoin.

These guys have made a lot of money through early mining and still have a buttload of Bitcoins they need to offload, so Solidcoin coming along and making Bitcoin look like the piece of crap that it really is is potentially very damaging to the value of their biggest remaining asset, the massive amounts of Bitcoin they still hold.

The alternative chains they are creating now are nothing more than a cheap and easy way to pump and dump a secondary market and increase their overall holding of Bitcoins.

Solidcoin is the only alt coin which has had a significant number of people mining it right from the start, so there are no pump and dump early adopters waiting in the shadows. The "pre-mined" coins BTCExpress likes to mention in every single post are in fact un-spendable by design, and are simply there to facilitate the 51% attack protection.

Solidcoin doesn't need Crypto-Xchanger to survive, but it would be nice if they would show their support rather than listening to people with a hidden agenda.
johnj

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:46:29 PM

Solidcoin doesn't need Crypto-Xchanger to survive, but it would be nice if they would show their support rather than listening to people with a hidden agenda.

That's why SC isn't on CryptoX - they're showing their support for people w/o a hidden agenda  Grin

PS: U mad

CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:48:52 PM

Why is Ken Armitt in the about box for SolidCoin v2.0 if he has no connection to SolidCoin?  Smiley  OOooo someone getting trolled.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
johnj

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Why is Ken Armitt in the about box for SolidCoin v2.0 if he has no connection to SolidCoin?  Smiley  OOooo someone getting trolled.

I dunno.  Since you put it there, why don't you tell us?

Oh wait.  I get it.  Yet again you don't have anything of substance.

Umad so sad

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: