Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:46:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto X Change - Public message regarding alt chains  (Read 7758 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 04:26:05 PM

Why is Ken Armitt in the about box for SolidCoin v2.0 if he has no connection to SolidCoin?  Smiley  OOooo someone getting trolled.

My name was also added without consultation. As was Ken's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:27:48 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2011, 04:40:42 PM by johnj

Why is Ken Armitt in the about box for SolidCoin v2.0 if he has no connection to SolidCoin?  Smiley  OOooo someone getting trolled.

CryptoX should speak up to confirm/deny Ken's involvement. (Edit: As CH is specifically making the claim that Ken was involved)

But seeing as how one name was added w/o consultation...

CH is on a fail rampage folks, watch out!

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
cryptoxchange (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 04:51:31 PM

Why is Ken Armitt in the about box for SolidCoin v2.0 if he has no connection to SolidCoin?  Smiley  OOooo someone getting trolled.

CryptoX should speak up to confirm/deny Ken's involvement.

But seeing as how one name was added w/o consultation...

CH is on a fail rampage folks, watch out!

Ken's name should not have been put in any "about box" for SolidCoin, not sure why that was done. No permission was given for such a thing. As BitcoinMedia mentioned, his name was also used in this way, again without permission. CoinHunter - may we request that you remove our name and references to us from your software?

Crypto X Change has been in development for several months. Part of our development was testing it with alt chains, and we did test with Solidcoin 1. After that went down, we had tested with SC2. The head of our company, Ken, was in contact with CoinHunter to advise on such testing.

Again - our exchange will not be supporting Solidcoin at launch, or any time in the foreseeable future. If at some point we think the marketplace really demands Solidcoin trading, then we'll consider it like all other alt chains. "The marketplace" doesn't mean a handful of people requesting it, of course.

Also - we were initially a bit worried this was turning into a witch hunt. But, our early skeptics have been quite polite and professional over the last 24 hrs and this is encouraging, so thank you!

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
johnj

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:55:20 PM

Also - we were initially a bit worried this was turning into a witch hunt. But, our early skeptics have been quite polite and professional over the last 24 hrs and this is encouraging, so thank you!

Witch hunts are quite common (and IMO necessary) around here.  They lose steam quickly if its unfounded.

I was a CryptoX sceptic, but after a few PM's they've shown (to me at least) that they're giving an honest effort to produce a legitimate exchange.

Best of luck, CryptoX!

freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:56:28 PM

I don't know why, I am getting the same gut feeling as when the Pattaya story started to turn sour, and Bruce Wagner appeared revelation after revelation as someone completely different. There is a gigantic amount of bullshit orbiting SolidCoin, and gravity pull is getting stronger and stronger. Highly advisable not to stick around when all the crap hits the ground.
cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 04:57:14 PM

our goal is to become the primary Bitcoin exchange

booo... I would prefer a goal of becoming the most reliable, secure, stable, efficient, etc bitcoin exchange, but also would rather prefer for all exchanges to strive for best reliability, best security, best stability, best efficiency, best etc and to not necessarily compete with one another for superiority but instead even helping to promote those others that are superiorly equal due to strivances for best offering of service to consumers.

However, it is not responsibility of each exchange to promote one another's established quality of service in all aspects.

As a business, our goal is to become the primary Bitcoin exchange. Our goal is long-term profit and success. To achieve this, of course we must make every effort to be the most stable/secure/efficient exchange. During our development over the past months, we saw the MtGox fiasco and the other hackings and security breaches. We are taking these things very seriously. We have the most to lose from a security breech, and the interests of ourselves and our customers are strongly aligned in this regard.

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
johnj

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:01:00 PM

We have the most to lose from a security breech, and the interests of ourselves and our customers are strongly aligned in this regard.

You mean, because CryptoX is backed by the parent company? IE, the parent company absorbs the loss if there's a security breach?

cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 05:33:36 PM

We have the most to lose from a security breech, and the interests of ourselves and our customers are strongly aligned in this regard.

You mean, because CryptoX is backed by the parent company? IE, the parent company absorbs the loss if there's a security breach?

Crypto X Change has liability insurance to cover losses, but the point was that if security breaches happen, we lose the trust of our customers. Our significant investment in the exchange is put in jeopardy if we lose trust (this principle is true of most legitimate companies but in the Bitcoin world even more so).

Ten98

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:34:25 PM

As a business, our goal is to become the primary Bitcoin exchange. Our goal is long-term profit and success. To achieve this, of course we must make every effort to be the most stable/secure/efficient exchange. During our development over the past months, we saw the MtGox fiasco and the other hackings and security breaches. We are taking these things very seriously. We have the most to lose from a security breech, and the interests of ourselves and our customers are strongly aligned in this regard.

I just hope you realise the very people coming to you now as polite, "impartial" advisors and whispering poison in your ear about Solidcoin are the very same people that are responsible for those hacks, scams, security "breeches" (sic) and attacks?

Perhaps you will look back upon this time and realise this, perhaps not. Just wanted to put it out there.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 05:40:41 PM

I just hope you realise the very people coming to you now as polite, "impartial" advisors and whispering poison in your ear about Solidcoin are the very same people that are responsible for those hacks, scams, security "breeches" (sic) and attacks?

Perhaps you will look back upon this time and realise this, perhaps not. Just wanted to put it out there.

In what way are they responsible for mt gox being hacked ?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:59:10 PM

In what way are they responsible for mt gox being hacked ?

Oh, this thread, and others about Solidcoin is all about spewing some unsubstantiated lies and have everyone believe in them without any kind of proof whatsoever. If it works for BCX why can't it work for others?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 09:13:15 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2011, 09:26:47 PM by repentance

They like doxxing people. I didnt enjoy it when they doxxed me either. I dont know if I would trust my coins to flash memory like a pen drive either.

Cool. Can you give the link?
I am still pretty confused with the fact you claimed to be RealSolid only to deny it later.
A nice little dox would help making you look more orthodox.

His posted some verifiable info about himself here.  Business registration records exist for him both as a company and as a sole trader.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48022.msg573991#msg573991

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 12:39:03 AM

Quick Update on our launch plans, please see thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48598.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: