Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:47:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats is best option for me - auto changing algo mining os like nicehash  (Read 171 times)
peteris-apse (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:26:35 AM

I am searching for mining os. I dont think that Windows can do it so probably it will be linux.

So what I see problem with Nicehash and Windows is that Nichash is often trying to mine something that is optimized very bad on my system or overc. Tho I have not used Nicehash for some time, maybe this has been changed? If I want to use only mining software I have optimized, only coins and pools I have tested - what are my options? It also includes switching GPU settings, core speed, voltage etc. I dont think that Windows can do it easily.
From other side - I could get some benefit using only Claymore and mining only Ethash algos - also there are a lot of variations with income, etc/eth are swapping palces all the time and new athash coins are on the market.
I would like to sell everyday income and receive BTC.

What would you suggest for me to test? What servcies I should consider to use?
Juniormkl

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:32:07 AM

I am searching for mining os. I dont think that Windows can do it so probably it will be linux.

So what I see problem with Nicehash and Windows is that Nichash is often trying to mine something that is optimized very bad on my system or overc. Tho I have not used Nicehash for some time, maybe this has been changed? If I want to use only mining software I have optimized, only coins and pools I have tested - what are my options? It also includes switching GPU settings, core speed, voltage etc. I dont think that Windows can do it easily.
From other side - I could get some benefit using only Claymore and mining only Ethash algos - also there are a lot of variations with income, etc/eth are swapping palces all the time and new athash coins are on the market.

Minermonitoring OS, a bunch of features and everything you need there, try it: https://minermonitoring.com/
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:58:51 PM

I think you can use awesomeminer you can use the profit switch to switch your miner to other coins which are more profitable.
It is not a mining OS but it also good for monitoring your rigs and miners.
You can check it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.0

Nicehash is not a mining OS it is just a software with auto switch algo and auto convert the altcoin into bitcoin.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:43:59 PM

I've never used linux for mining, but I could imagine that scripting is way easier in any linux OS vs any Windows OS. However, I'm not sure how good and how optimized the Linux GPU drivers are, and generally how good the manufacturer's support is. If you are a newbie, this may pose a problem.

Also, I have no idea how good the linux overclocking utilities are. Is there an equivalent to msi afterburner?

It might be worth checking specialized linux-based OS, such as simplemining and similar solutions.
HashAuger

Activity: 481
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 10:21:53 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 11:20:19 PM by HashAuger

You do not mention how many and what type of GPUs you are using, but many miners with 6 to 10 GPUs per rig are using Windows.  Most of the issues you describe are based only on the inability of the current version of the NiceHash software to apply separate overclock profiles for each algorithm.  There are other algorithm switching programs written for Windows that will let you do most of what you described.

For example, my software, Hash Auger https://hashauger.com allows you to apply custom OC settings (GPU clock, memory clock, power limit and temp limit) per algorithm and GPU.  You can also set custom settings like intensity and manual difficulty for the mining programs that support those parameters.  You can enable specific pools, including Nicehash, and adjust a number of the price and hash rate factors used by the algorithm switcher.  Similarly, you can disable individual algorithms on each pool and mine any number of individual coins instead of auto-exchanging to a single coin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: