Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:01:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: community coin  (Read 9738 times)
poochi

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:24:45 PM

if the goal is to compensate victims, why not include all the PANDA victims as well?

how is yet another new coin better than fund raising effort (or let the victim learn through financial loss so it sticks)?

What we need is policing, I have been yelling scams on STACK and no one cared.  New coin will not solve what happened to not just STACK but many other failed alts.
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:25:46 PM

if the goal is to compensate victims, why not include all the PANDA victims as well?

how is yet another new coin better than fund raising effort (or let the victim learn through financial loss so it sticks)?

What we need is policing, I have been yelling scams on STACK and no one cared.  New coin will not solve what happened to not just STACK but many other failed alts.

this project can be anti scam in general yes, but to be honest i have no clue about how to include everybody

TheVoodooDevil

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:26:08 PM

rather than another coin, why not throw your support behind PND?  A coin made to symbolize fairness, and to warn people of market manipulation, scamming, and pump and dump.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=464476.0

There are 3 or 4 different Panda Coins....No thanks.

Not to mention the fact that this does nothing to help those who lost out in the initial scam, which is the whole reason for this new coin

PND is mined mostly by angry users on 4chan who are involved in hacking wolong's twitter and created solely to destroy PANDA. However, they now claim to have hacked wolong's 1.5 bil PANDA wallet and crashed PANDA. (this was all posted through wolong's twitter, and I saw boards on /b/ dedicated to destroying PANDA days before, though I didn't follow it.) That's something I think we'd be better off letting die. I also worry using the name pheonixcoin would create the same sort of confusion, as a pheonixcoin has been on coinmarketcap.com before and some people will remember this, causing confusion.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:27:05 PM

I really really hope you manage this coin properly. It would be painfully ironic if this coin were to be the victim of a scamster. Just be smart and don't give any BTC to anyone you do not trust. If there does end up being BTC involved then it must ONLY be in the hands of a well trusted escrower on the forum. No exception.

I am all for finding a very trusted holder to control the premine and be basically connected to the official development.

Candidates?

Maybe we can vote on who gets to do it.

An escrow for the premine and transparent operations would be useful as well.  

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:27:12 PM

You must be very invested in Panda....

This is going to be a community-driven & sponsored coin.  We're not using your shit Panda coin (whichever one you're using), so please just freaking stop.

bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:28:46 PM

I really really hope you manage this coin properly. It would be painfully ironic if this coin were to be the victim of a scamster. Just be smart and don't give any BTC to anyone you do not trust. If there does end up being BTC involved then it must ONLY be in the hands of a well trusted escrower on the forum. No exception.

I am all for finding a very trusted holder to control the premine and be basically connected to the official development.

Candidates?

we should make every decision with a poll

poochi

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:29:33 PM

You must be very invested in Panda....

This is going to be a community-driven & sponsored coin.  We're not using your shit Panda coin (whichever one you're using), so please just freaking stop.

I hold BTC/LTC/DOGE/VERT

I sold off PANDA the first day.  Nope I lost nothing, but lots of other have lost a lot more than the 70 BTC scammed by STACK today.
Jengo

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:29:52 PM

I Invested 0.508 btc's (#15) and had high hopes.

I also did the german translation for this bastard and now Im feeling like f*cked from all sides.

But thanks to this awesome community we already have 4 sites full of help and suggestions for a new coin rising from the ashes!

Thanks again for all your effort guys!

I LOVE YOU ALL  Kiss

Please get me on the victims list bumface

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/ac45b42917b05be6e69e2ce38d950d73b4193946c14064ea2ace3503ded942cf
CoinDev.io

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:30:13 PM

Candidates?

Somebody who has earned trust here would be preferable, somebody who has a history of good trades, etc.

- The CoinDev.io Team
jgaspar

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:33:44 PM

- Numbers of coins around 100.000.000 to 200.000.000
- No Premine (for whatever reason)
- Instamine protection
- ASIC mining protection

For as much i feel sorry for the ones scammed on their money i can not agree with premine as a compensation...we would have to come with something diferent to compensate or at least mitigate  the losses of those people but Premining is not the answer..
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:33:59 PM

we should make every decision with a poll

Sounds good.  I always thought that would be a fun idea for a coin anyways.  As long as we don't change the basic idea behind the coin.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:34:42 PM

guys i can see this taking up alot of my time..i dont mind being the coordinator of this thread permanently, but i would like to recieve some coins for this...im doing this on the side next to Ultracoin to help these people recieve something and show them there is an actual community.....

so i vote all the participants in the second post also recieve coins (including myself), and leave the greed fud at home,my time is valuable

albertdros

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:35:27 PM

how about make an ipo out of it so all of u can get scammed again? Because of you guys scammers can continue to exist on these forums. Maybe some of you are rich and don't really care about making scammers rich, but there are also people who are so blind that they do anything in the hope of making themselves rich (read: continuing to give money to scammers).

What you are basically doing here is creating a list of people who are vulnerable to scams on these forums. This way, scammers can target you even easier!

A better idea would be to gather all of you to STOP this shit instead of playing the victims role. Get together and hire some super internet detective (yea, sounds weird, but they are there. Maybe even that hackers group Anonymous, I'm sure they have the power to get something done)  or something, to track that stackedcoin idiot and teach him a lesson.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:35:49 PM

This is a good idea. However, let's not forget that the victims of these scams are often fueled by greed. Hopefully this would serve as a "lesson learned? then welcome to the community!" sort of coin rather than, "thanks for the charity, now where is the next shit coin for me to dump into!" sot of coin.
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

- Instamine protection
- ASIC mining protection

For as much i feel sorry for the ones scammed on their money i can not agree with premine as a compensation...we would have to come with something diferent to compensate or at least mitigate  the losses of those people but Premining is not the answer..

If there is no premine, then they need to be compensated from btc donations, shich is currently 0

bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:37:53 PM

how about make an ipo out of it so all of u can get scammed again? Because of you guys scammers can continue to exist on these forums. Maybe some of you are rich and don't really care about making scammers rich, but there are also people who are so blind that they do anything in the hope of making themselves rich (read: continuing to give money to scammers).

What you are basically doing here is creating a list of people who are vulnerable to scams on these forums. This way, scammers can target you even easier!

A better idea would be to gather all of you to STOP this shit instead of playing the victims role. Get together and hire some super internet detective (yea, sounds weird, but they are there. Maybe even that hackers group Anonymous, I'm sure they have the power to get something done)  or something, to track that stackedcoin idiot and teach him a lesson.

dont write of IPO in general, my investors had 20.3x gain in 1 week after launch

ponch85

Activity: 609

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:40:00 PM

#144   1.5 BTC    https://blockchain.info/it/tx/ad90f97b0f0153c0441803deeeb56a8d7d33cf7a229c88bd73f9ba802763d866
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457575.msg5300072#msg5300072
thanks bumface ... and all those who support and help this project!
albertdros

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:40:48 PM

dont write of IPO in general, my investors had 20.3x gain in 1 week after launch

good for your investors. I'm not talking about IPO in general btw. I just think this is not the solution. Lots of people are here after they got scammed on stackedcoin. If you can donate 2 btc do some shitty IPO, i'm sure you could spare some money to actually GET SOMETHING DONE to catch this guy.
iluvbumbum

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:41:25 PM

Your investor ID : #72 https://blockchain.info/tx/10fa6727e4ec6982bcf566d0029eca4f65a461f806b392085c282ae8df1ff197

L-Coin (LOSE'ers')
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:43:59 PM

- Instamine protection
- ASIC mining protection

For as much i feel sorry for the ones scammed on their money i can not agree with premine as a compensation...we would have to come with something diferent to compensate or at least mitigate  the losses of those people but Premining is not the answer..

What do you suggest as an alternative?  

I am for a premine, I think they can work out.  We can have the premine pay out over a longer period to prevent dumping.
It would sure cost less than collecting the bitcoins, I doubt we could raise that many.

And even if the coin does not do super well (which is might) the investors would at least get a chance to get something out of it.

people could donate by buying the coin on the market and supporting the coin basically!

But it could become a decent coin because of the meaning.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀