Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:41:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freedom  (Read 1444 times)
monkeyofrage (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:54:56 AM

I believe in freedom. I believe in an open sourced community. I believe in fairness among wealth. I believe in the people. I am the people.

I also believe Bitcoin, Peercoin, Litecoin, Vertcoin, and many other derivatives have the key ingredients to enabling this freedom; albeit creating resistance coupled with greed to diminish the likelihood of the fruition of said freedom.

One of these things is not like the other.

Open source is just that; freedom. Did any of you pay for the source? No. And the reason why is Open source. The code, and ever part of that code; including the numbers on your screen is open source software and should never have been paid for.

All the banks in the world have total control over every aspect of our lives. Their drive, ambition and prime objective is to fulfill their addiction to greed. And we are allowing this to happen at our own hand.

We the people have hold the key to freedom, if we choose to unlock the door of it's path.

I want this freedom from greed. Right now, crypto is driven by greed, and something has to be done to stop that.

I have a vision, a plan, ambition; but I am only one of many who share this dream. This is a call to arms. Let's rid ourselves from the clutches greed, and take back our freedom.

There will be no exchange.

There will be fair pay among workers.

There is only one crypto, Crypto itself.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:13:42 AM

There can be no freedom without greed, since greed is fundamental to many humans.

So if you give people the freedom to be how they want to be, don't be surprised that many will be greedy.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:29:50 AM

I'm with you monkey.  True freedom can only be attained by abstaining from all monetary systems, we must liberate ourselves from greed to find the beauty of true freedom.

We can have a society where everyone cares for their neighbors as well as their self.  Our society can function just as well as it does now, just without the greed driven industries entangling our own existence.

True freedom awaits.  Our destiny is either to be free or to be enslaved indefinitely.  The choice is yours.  The time is now.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:39:08 AM

There can be no freedom without greed, since greed is fundamental to many humans.

So if you give people the freedom to be how they want to be, don't be surprised that many will be greedy.

And if there is greed there will soon be no freedom.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
tjkurtisss

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

So inspiring post.  But it's a moot point about greed. As I hear this word I always remember the words from "Wall Street" - "Greed is good" . I can't say if greed is the part of freedom or not, but no doubt it will be alive untill people are selfish and they will be selfish forever.

Donations welcome: 6d36246a-fc42-493f-afef-46936974c2bf
AndersAA

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:05:23 PM

Freedom is the free choice of whether to share or not, the choice whether to be greedy or generous, and the ability to decide for yourself without limiting other's ability to decide for themselves.
Without the ability to choose whether code should be open sourced it's not freedom - it's communism.
monkeyofrage (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:14:41 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 10:54:57 PM by monkeyofrage

Let me start off a Cryptorant

The cost of bitcoin is so incredibly delicate, just look at Mt.Gox's price right now. It's been fluctuating from 80-300 for the last week or so. The other exchanges are still around typical btc price, which means what exactly? All coins are driven by the cost that people buy and sell them at; it all boils down to choice really. What people are willing to pay for one coin.

This is incredible backwards to me. Crypto can make excellent return on an exchange, yes, but when it comes to IRL application; I don't want to pay for something with a piece of coin which may be more or less valuable tomorrow or the next day. I don't want to have the idea of being bitbroke tomorrow because my coffee will cost not 0.00x coins, but perhaps 0.0x00 or x000.000. Unacceptable.

I'm sure this also confuses merchants willing to get into the cryptoscene. Sure, the technology does most of the work, but what if I, as a merchant, suddenly lost a large portion of my clientèle due to the rise in price and all you fools only have a few coins? Yeah, you can buy more, but I, as a consumer, don't want to rush to the bitbank whenever I need funds. Or say there is not an immediate buyer available to cash out?

These are just a couple complications which are introduced by converting fiat into crypto at a variable rate of exchange.

So here's the thing, of all the aforementioned, the simplest solution is to create a coin which cannot sell for more than the value of a dollar. 1:1.

======

My name is Tyler Durden, and this is more than just a whitepaper for a new crypto, this is a vow to dedicate my life to freedom.

This is a non-profit project, aimed directly towards the fair benefit of everyone. All initial premine is to be distributed, with the excess being held as bank for future crypto negotiations (withdrawals, payment, bank, etc).

Here's are some ideas;

1. Create a chain of trust within the community.
   This is essential to the success of this project. We need to collectively agree to provide a balanced distribution process of the initial pre-mine coin.
      - Distribution agents should be knowledgeable in mining, this is key and will allow for further education on the mining process. It will allow teaching the mining process to merchants so they may also benefit from Crypto if desired (extra income).
      - Having well known community members part of the distribution process would assist with this distribution trust.

2. Create a coin with premine.
   - Initial premine should be set (if possible to set X amount) on the amount of fiat currency available within the Americas.
   - Crypto may be divisible like current crypto. I see this as a great way for donations to be collected.
   - Crypto may not be sold or bought for more than a dollar. This will allow merchants and consumers alike to know exactly how much their funds are worth at all times.
   - Premine distribution will be well documented, publicly visible, and source from a handful of wallets to prevent scandal.

3. Distribute crypto to merchants.
   - Start with IRL application first, let crypto seep into the internet naturally.
   - This will allow seamless integration into the marketplace.
   - If a consumer doesn't have cryto, they can get it from the merchant itself, load it onto your card at POS for fiat.
      -This adds value to Crypto immediately after that initial purchase.
      - As more people obtain Crypto from merchants, fiat will be used less frequently over time, devaluing it substantially.
      - Merchants must be a legally owned and legitimate business.
         - If request is made by merchant for more crypto, loan will be given with interest committed to miner activity.
            - This will allow for miner bonus without charging transaction fee.
   By distributing the crypto to merchants first, online exchanges will not corrupt the value of crypto, which will be solely maintained at a 1:$1 value by merchants.

4. Centralized pool.
   - Micro-manage pools based off network hashrate. Miners with higher hash will be paid higher than the low-hash ones.
      - Manage by hash algo.
         - SHA256 asics get paid the most, expensive hardware
         - Scrypt will be second, expect scrypt ASIC soon.
         - nFactor will be least, cpu, gpu
         - Stake can be used for savings accounts +Interest
      - Work request by miner determines hash algorythme served; SHA256, Scrypt, nFactor

Complications / random notes:

= How to give crypto value?
   No back - No devaluation
      How to give something value.
         "value is related to how much you would sacrifice for something"
         "value is not inherent, only perceived"
            - If a consumer doesn't have cryto, they can get it from the merchant itself, load it onto your card at POS for fiat.
               - This will add value to Crypto.
               - Initial provision amount to a merchant must be carefully executed. How?
   Mining will naturally give Crypto value, it costs to create therefore sacrifice is it's backing.

= How to distribute Crypto fairly among businesses?
   - Possible solution would be to have the Pool act as a bank.
      - Loans would be given to merchants, with interest paid to the miners for their contribution.
         - This would commit fees from interst to miners without the need to charge for transaction costs.

= Many variables to crypto; hash algorithm for example
   - does algo effect actual transaction process?
   - Would it be possible to amalgamate all algos?
      - This may be possible by creating parameters specific to hashrate and/or mining software (since algorithm has to be set in miner, pools may be able to pick up on the requested worktype and be served as such.)
         - If I understand this correctly, the amount of coins are not specific to the algo, albeit the blocks are. If this is true, then it would be possible to amalgamate all generated coins before fair distribution (by shares)

= Block generation
   Since crypto will start off within the marketplace, miners will be more enticed to point their hash towards Crypto.
      block rate - 1 every 604800 seconds (Weekly paycheks) [[what does block rate affect?]]
      difficulty - set appropriately per decryption algorithm [[maybe current algo diff. is good starting point]]
      block reward - variable based off hardware cost and miners available, don't divide reward, multiply reward based on these factors.

= Need wide range of skillset; C++, networking, web development, etc
   - Biggest issue faced right now is lack of team. Most coin already created had incentive with cash output after release, which Crypto promises almost none until mining has been established.

=====

That is what I have so far; the idea has been with me for weeks, but only written down last night.
I appreciate any and all criticism, suggestions, and hands willing to help.

Unfortunately, I only have a background in shared webhosting, and my coding skills are limited to PHP (php.net and google trained); but at 24 years old, I have all my life ahead of me, with little to no distraction to focus my attention on this. There is very little personal gain from this; I do mine, and will continue to mine as a source of income. I have been able to locate some of the requirements needed (such as nfactor and stake functions) within the source code of coins, if I am reading sources correct mind you.

I know most of you will shy away from these ideas due to the NPO nature of this project, but this is about more than just making money. It's about empowering the 99%. It's about you, me, and our future generations. It's about taking everything we've created so far, and organizing ourselves to effectively overcome the oppression of bankers. It is about breaking free from the shackles of establishment to create a global economy driven no longer primarily by greed, but by the true value and worth of a hard day's work.

That's all for now, peace.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:45:55 PM

Too bad you are living in this world then.
But nice to have dreams
AndersAA

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

Let me start off a Cryptorant

The cost of bitcoin is so incredibly delicate, just look at Mt.Gox's price right now. It's been fluctuating from 80-300 for the last week or so. The other exchanges are still around typical btc price, which means what exactly? All coins are driven by the cost that people buy and sell them at; it all boils down to choice really. What people are willing to pay for one coin.

This is incredible backwards to me. Crypto can make excellent return on an exchange, yes, but when it comes to IRL application; I don't want to pay for something with a piece of coin which may be more or less valuable tomorrow or the next day. I don't want to have the idea of being bitbroke tomorrow because my coffee will cost not 0.00x coins, but perhaps 0.0x00 or x000.000. Unacceptable.

I'm sure this also confuses merchants willing to get into the cryptoscene. Sure, the technology does most of the work, but what if I, as a merchant, suddenly lost a large portion of my clientèle due to the rise in price and all you fools only have a few coins? Yeah, you can buy more, but I, as a consumer, don't want to rush to the bitbank whenever I need funds. Or say there is not an immediate buyer available to cash out?

These are just a couple complications which are introduced by converting fiat into crypto at a variable rate of exchange.

So here's the thing, of all the aforementioned, the simplest solution is to create a coin which cannot sell for more than the value of a dollar. 1:1.

======

My name is Tyler Durden, and this is more than just a whitepaper for a new crypto, this is a vow to dedicate my life to freedom.

This is a non-profit project, aimed directly towards the fair benefit of everyone. All initial premine is to be distributed, with the excess being held as bank for future crypto negotiations (withdrawals, payment, bank, etc).

Here's are some ideas;

1. Create a chain of trust within the community.
   This is essential to the success of this project. We need to collectively agree to provide a balanced distribution process of the initial pre-mine coin.
      - Distribution agents should be knowledgeable in mining, this is key and will allow for further education on the mining process. It will allow teaching the mining process to merchants so they may also benefit from Crypto if desired (extra income).
      - Having well known community members part of the distribution process would assist with this distribution trust.

2. Create a coin with premine.
   - Initial premine should be set (if possible to set X amount) on the amount of fiat currency available within the Americas.
   - Crypto may be divisible like current crypto. I see this as a great way for donations to be collected.
   - Crypto may not be sold or bought for more than a dollar. This will allow merchants and consumers alike to know exactly how much their funds are worth at all times.
   - Premine distribution will be well documented, publicly visible, and source from a handful of wallets to prevent scandal.

3. Distribute crypto to merchants.
   - Start with IRL application first, let crypto seep into the internet naturally.
   - This will allow seamless integration into the marketplace.
      -This adds value to Crypto immediately after that initial purchase.
      - As more people obtain Crypto from merchants, fiat will be used less frequently over time, devaluing it substantially.
      - Merchants must be a legally owned and legitimate business.
         - If request is made by merchant for more crypto, loan will be given with interest committed to miner activity.
            - This will allow for miner bonus without charging transaction fee.
   By distributing the crypto to merchants first, online exchanges will not corrupt the value of crypto, which will be solely maintained at a 1:$1 value by merchants.

4. Centralized pool.
   - Micro-manage pools based off network hashrate. Miners with higher hash will be paid higher than the low-hash ones.
      - Manage by hash algo.
         - SHA256 asics get paid the most, expensive hardware
         - Scrypt will be second, expect scrypt ASIC soon.
         - nFactor will be least, cpu, gpu
         - Stake can be used for savings accounts +Interest
      - Work request by miner determines hash algorythme served; SHA256, Scrypt, nFactor

Complications / random notes:

= How to give crypto value?
   No back - No devaluation
      How to give something value.
         "value is related to how much you would sacrifice for something"
         "value is not inherent, only perceived"
               - This will add value to Crypto.
               - Initial provision amount to a merchant must be carefully executed. How?
   Mining will naturally give Crypto value, it costs to create therefore sacrifice is it's backing.

= How to distribute Crypto fairly among businesses?
   - Possible solution would be to have the Pool act as a bank.
      - Loans would be given to merchants, with interest paid to the miners for their contribution.
         - This would commit fees from interst to miners without the need to charge for transaction costs.

= Many variables to crypto; hash algorithm for example
   - does algo effect actual transaction process?
   - Would it be possible to amalgamate all algos?
      - This may be possible by creating parameters specific to hashrate and/or mining software (since algorithm has to be set in miner, pools may be able to pick up on the requested worktype and be served as such.)
         - If I understand this correctly, the amount of coins are not specific to the algo, albeit the blocks are. If this is true, then it would be possible to amalgamate all generated coins before fair distribution (by shares)

= Block generation
   Since crypto will start off within the marketplace, miners will be more enticed to point their hash towards Crypto.
      block rate - 1 every 604800 seconds (Weekly paycheks) [[what does block rate affect?]]
      difficulty - set appropriately per decryption algorithm [[maybe current algo diff. is good starting point]]
      block reward - variable based off hardware cost and miners available, don't divide reward, multiply reward based on these factors.

= Need wide range of skillset; C++, networking, web development, etc
   - Biggest issue faced right now is lack of team. Most coin already created had incentive with cash output after release, which Crypto promises almost none until mining has been established.

=====

That is what I have so far; the idea has been with me for weeks, but only written down last night.
I appreciate any and all criticism, suggestions, and hands willing to help.

Unfortunately, I only have a background in shared webhosting, and my coding skills are limited to PHP (php.net and google trained); but at 24 years old, I have all my life ahead of me, with little to no distraction to focus my attention on this. There is very little personal gain from this; I do mine, and will continue to mine as a source of income. I have been able to locate some of the requirements needed (such as nfactor and stake functions) within the source code of coins, if I am reading sources correct mind you.

I know most of you will shy away from these ideas due to the NPO nature of this project, but this is about more than just making money. It's about empowering the 99%. It's about you, me, and our future generations. It's about taking everything we've created so far, and organizing ourselves to effectively overcome the oppression of bankers. It is about breaking free from the shackles of establishment to create a global economy driven no longer primarily by greed, but by the true value and worth of a hard day's work.

That's all for now, peace.

*sigh* Not this ridiculous crap again. If you want something to cost the same today and tomorrow you'll have to pay for it and the only way that can happen is with a bank or government guarantee.
If the currency doesn't float the market will have to. You're basically saying you want to control how much things are worth and you can't do that unless your subjects are SLAVES.
This has been tested IRL and it was a disaster - remember Stalin?

People are only free if they decide how much their time and possessions are worth themselves. Not the bank. Not the government. Not you.

The OP has nothing to do with freedom - quite the opposite.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:46:08 PM

How are you free if you constantly have to work for the will of others to make your way?  People should be doing what they believe in, not what others believe in.

Bitcoin was a great project, it did what it needed to do but it's time for us to realize that we will continuously see greed exploited for capital gain if we base our society around money.

What about the billions of people that have no bitcoins?  What about the people that don't even have a computer?  Bitcoin does not fix the disparity of wealth, all it does is change wealth into new hands.

And here's the kicker, the same bankers we despise of now can very easily buy massive amounts of bitcoins and remain at top.  What would be different?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
AndersAA

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:15:03 PM

How are you free if you constantly have to work for the will of others to make your way?  People should be doing what they believe in, not what others believe in.

Bitcoin was a great project, it did what it needed to do but it's time for us to realize that we will continuously see greed exploited for capital gain if we base our society around money.

What about the billions of people that have no bitcoins?  What about the people that don't even have a computer?  Bitcoin does not fix the disparity of wealth, all it does is change wealth into new hands.

And here's the kicker, the same bankers we despise of now can very easily buy massive amounts of bitcoins and remain at top.  What would be different?

The reason I find Star Trek unrealistic has nothing to do with the space ships, the aliens or the occasional time travel... It's the fact that the guy who scrubs the toilets on the Enterprise appearantly doesn't get paid and does it for "self-enhancement". Communists always expect someone else to do the toilet scrubbing - and they always fail to mention that the ones doing the toilet scrubbing will usually be the ones who still don't believe in the "master plan" of communism.

As long as we have freedom there will be a market. If there is no market, there is no freedom.
monkeyofrage (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:54:45 PM

I'm thinking starting with a rant wasn't the best idea, now I'm getting the jist that people are ignoring the proposed ideas; I'll strike the rant to point focus towards proposal.

You're basically saying you want to control how much things are worth
Quite the contrary, I'm saying that people shouldn't worry about the deflation value of the currency they buy things with on a day-to-day basis.

If you want something to cost the same today and tomorrow you'll have to pay for it and the only way that can happen is with a bank or government guarantee.
In point three; distributing crypto through retailers will cause the value of crypto to mimic the value of a dollar.

What about the billions of people that have no bitcoins?
I'm sure people just don't know where to start with Bitcoin. The solution proposed was to facilitate access by distributing Crypto through retailers.

What about the people that don't even have a computer?
This is where the 1:1 value is important, since crypto and fiat are valued equally there is a fair choice in payment; cash, debit or crypto?

The difference is that Crypto wouldn't be backed by oil, you can't buy tanks with Crypto, and the banks don't have the computing power to keep printing more.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:33:04 AM

OP, I recommend taking a look at Austrian economics; it'll help balance the pro-Keynesian economics you learned in school, which I presume you're primarily operating from as you're not equipped with the knowledge necessary to see why this idea is not optimal in the context of "freedom".

I also recommend this video to help you understand why you do not want a currency tied to the worth of any fiat, and especially not the dollar.

Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:03:05 PM

Freedom is the right and capacity of people to determine their own actions, in a community which is able to provide for the full development of human potentiality. Freedom may be enjoyed by individuals but only in and through the community.

Only in community [has each] individual the means of cultivating his gifts in all directions; only in the community, therefore, is personal freedom possible. In the previous substitutes for the community, in the State, etc. personal freedom has existed only for the individuals who developed within the relationships of the ruling class, and only insofar as they were individuals of this class.

Karl Marx and Frederick Engels

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
AndersAA

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:50:46 PM

Freedom is the right and capacity of people to determine their own actions, in a community which is able to provide for the full development of human potentiality. Freedom may be enjoyed by individuals but only in and through the community.

Only in community [has each] individual the means of cultivating his gifts in all directions; only in the community, therefore, is personal freedom possible. In the previous substitutes for the community, in the State, etc. personal freedom has existed only for the individuals who developed within the relationships of the ruling class, and only insofar as they were individuals of this class.

Karl Marx and Frederick Engels

And the err in that is - we are individuals and not a community by default.
monkeyofrage (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:40:21 PM

If I understand you all correctly; a good idea means nothing without support from the community, and what the community wants right now is just a bunch of easy cash. I know that it will be increasingly difficult to gain acceptance simply because the norm has already been established.

I really do still want to manifest these ideas, regardless of the opposition received. Maybe it would be best to take a step back and collect the ideas in a more organized fashion to make my point more clear, or perhaps my voice is being carried over the wrong crowd.

I want to thank Mike Christ for providing some constructive advice; I have been reading on different types of economics now and will continue to learn myself. Indeed, the economics have not been considered; my focus was mainly providing a facilitated means for wider inheritance of Crypto by retailers and consumers alike.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:01:31 PM

I agree with everything, especially the banks part, and if I understand correctly you would cancel FIAT and use only crypto? Cheesy
it's okay but let me make one change

I am the people.

we are the people!

Smiley

and how would we decide which crypto to use? Cheesy

monkeyofrage (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:13:21 AM

Not cancel fiat, but have Crypto merge into the market as it's equal.

There would only be one, just Crypto.

Mining as it is now, gives users the choice of hash algorithm; SHA256, scrypt, nFactor. But they are all coded to output different coins. My thinking is to allow different algorithms mining out a single coin.

So, if you only have a few CPU miners available; choose nFactor; if you have a nice setup of GPUs, scrypt; and for current ASICs there is SHA256. There would be a central mining pool, with branch pools of the different algorithms. The central pool would pick up on your requested work type, and serve you with that work load. If you're mining SHA236, you would be paid more than the scrypt miners, and so on.
AndersAA

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:07:42 PM

Not cancel fiat, but have Crypto merge into the market as it's equal.

There would only be one, just Crypto.

Mining as it is now, gives users the choice of hash algorithm; SHA256, scrypt, nFactor. But they are all coded to output different coins. My thinking is to allow different algorithms mining out a single coin.

So, if you only have a few CPU miners available; choose nFactor; if you have a nice setup of GPUs, scrypt; and for current ASICs there is SHA256. There would be a central mining pool, with branch pools of the different algorithms. The central pool would pick up on your requested work type, and serve you with that work load. If you're mining SHA236, you would be paid more than the scrypt miners, and so on.

lol! And how would you force people to use only what you tell them? OMG communists are hilarious...
monkeyofrage (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:24:04 PM

Anders, did you even read anything past "just one"? Clearly not since you keep talking about communism like it belongs in this thread. Besides, wouldn't paying an ASIC miner more than a CPU miner (which has already been explained twice) be the exact opposite of how communism works?

Keep your narrow-minded trolling to yourself less you have something constructive to add; like giving me a reason why merging the available hash algorithms to output a single coin is impossible. Else, go back to making your shit apple wallet for your shit ios.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: